Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
weighed in and was surprised
Jis4Judy posted:
Hi Ladies I was gonna wait till wednesday but decided to check this morning , before I left for my time with the grandkids and doggies .
I weighed in at 153 just barely ...this morning I was 150.5 so with all those indulgences i accually lost 2 .5 pounds ... this is hard to believe with so many indulgences even the change in time of day I ate .. broke my cut off time a few times too ... so maybe I needed that change in pace to break my pateau ..Just a few weeks before I went on that trip I was weighing in 156 and struggled to get to 153 ...

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected  but while we are here we may as well dance

SMCarter137 responded:
Glad to hear the good news!
23 y/o 5'4 SW:226 lbs CW:178 lbs GW:145 lbs IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! (31.5 lbs to go)

blondie454u responded:
Congrats!
Amber CW 139 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Tomato05 responded:
You must be really relieved. Your total calorie intake each day must have been lower than you thought.

I find that whenever I travel, I also lose weight - far less snacking, more controlled and structured meals.

jean4u responded:
Hi Judy,

Wow, that sure is good news! Down 2.5!!!!

Now you must be super motivated to stay on track. Hope you are able to get out and walk.

Barb

Jis4Judy replied to jean4u's response:
yes Barb and tomato
It was really unexpected because what I was eating was basically a train wreck of my usual plan ,,,
It must have been not accually finishing the restaraunt meals
and chooseing smaller portions when possable not sure because there was cookies nearly every day too
Yes been walking at home since I got back accually walked there too with the puppies though .
I did not measure weigh or logg anything for the 2 weeks
I was winging it ,, at home I think winging it would be an error because I am more likely to binge eat when home and alone ..
I wonder if this 150.5 will be ok to maintain or will I bounce back to 153 either way I am ok but it would be nice to keep it..

thanks for your input
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
I really think if we are on plan, say 95% and then when we go off plan for a short time it takes awhile for our bodies to gain.

But if we stayed off plan 95%, then, for sure we would steadily gain.

When I was on my weekend trip, I did not exercise and when it is a car trip, well I feel like I am gaining by the minute. But I find that staying hydrated really helps me not put on weight.

Yeah, that is curious what will happen with the 2.5. But I'm with you, that I like to stay on the low side, so I have room to "play". So far I am 2 lbs under my maintenance, but that does go up, so far it has gone up as far as 5, but I keep a close watch and get that off ASAP! Like I say I weigh daily and cut down on sodium when I go up and incease water and that really seems to take care of the temporary weight gains.

Good to see your posts!

Barb

Jis4Judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb
yes staying on plan for the most part is very helpful. it is comforting to get back on the journey after a couple of weeks off plan ...I do think I can control my intake better while away for some reason ,, I was useing the stairs in that house too a lot the computer was in the basement and there was 2 flights of stairs I was going up and down several times while there that may have contributed some ...I live in a one story ranch type with a basement but that house was 2 stories with a basement more stairs to use daily.
this is me trying to figure what I did to lose those pounds all the while eating non plan foods ..
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

My weight has crept up on me through many years of negligence - over eating and not eating the right foods. I love fresh fruits and vegetables but I a...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.