Skip to content
a conffesion
jis4judy posted:
today was a bad day for me started great with the right intentions but haveing the ice cream in the house was a bad idea I cannot handle it even now it is the most binge like food I know of for me .
I had a nice day honored my cut off time but ate too much in my time frame anyway about 500 extra calories all on low cal ice cream those skinny cow things I had them here for 2 days and they totally took over
cannot buy them anymore my demons surfaced and did me in ..
I feel slightly sick to my tummy
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected  but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
Hope you feel better soon. I would have the same problem with those skinny cow ice creams.
Laura GW 145 / CW 212 / SW 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps to a healthy lifestyle change.

Tomato05 responded:
Don't feel bad, we all have our binge days.

At least you got in plenty of calcium, which is good for your bones! And better that they were "skinny" and not regular ice cream.

I wonder if it is something in dairy... When I start eating yogurt, I don't want to stop. Others are like that with ice cream, and some people are addicted to cheese or milky coffee drinks.

jean4u responded:
Judy,

Maybe it's post-vacation-stress eating. Just getting back to your routine. If your vacation was busier than your day-to-day, then that is an adjustment. I find transitions to be stressful and get off track more at this time.

All you can do is do better everyday rather than perfect right away!

Keep posting, that will keep you out of that freezer! LOL

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
thanks ladies I think it was thinking I had that addiction under control because of the icecreams were in the house at my sons place his wife said I have the skinny cow icecream in the freezer help yourself and i had only 1 per week . thinking I had it all under control I bought some and the rules just don;t fly when they are in my house , I think I am a little less busy at home no kids or doggies to get my attention off food things ...I am a tad stressed because my DH is complaining about being sick but still struggles off to work ,,
I just have to remember I am an addict when it comes to candy and icecream . I cannot ever keep those things in my house .
I don;t think that binge will make me gain but if I continue this behavior it will make me repound all that weight after a while ..
I must get this under control and give away the coupons I have for skinny cow stuff ..
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
I'm trying to recall some of my trigger-binge foods.....well Hostess 100 cal does ring a bell. The Twinkies and the chocolate w/cream filling. I recall eating both boxes one nite. So much for the 100 calories! I stopped buying them!!!

I used to binge on chips and dip. Now, I do allow myself the baked vegggie chips and a small 1/4 cup of ff/sour cream, salsa, garlic powder and hot sauce and red pepper flakes.

Sometimes I have the chocolate fudgcycles or Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches but not even every night.

So far with the baked chips and low calorie ice creams I have been at my maintenance weight.

I just remembered another one of my huge binge foods.....pasta. I did eat a bowl after my dinner, just like I used to do. That was on Mother's Day. Even though it tasted good, I kept thinking I cannot do this again!!! Shades of the past.

I think it is so good to vent here. We get it.

Barb

Happy Thursday. You know what day it is? Right! Bowling Day!!!

SMCarter137 responded:
Yeah i'm the same exact way. Thats why when I want a sweet treat I go and walk to the store to buy a single serving!
23 y/o 5'4 SW:226 lbs CW:178 lbs GW:145 lbs IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! (31.5 lbs to go)

Hi Barb Happy bowling day to you and I get the pasta thing
when we had pasta I allwayds had a large plate of it and went back for more now I measure out a cup and serve it with grilled zucchini and a huge salad /// I used to eat the pasta with french or italian bread too ... a starch on starch LOl
I do have the pasta under control ...but sweets thats another story altogether .. I will be doing my weight lifting today for added movement
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

greytstuff replied to jis4judy's response:
Lol, I know exactly how you feel. Me, I seem to have a serious problem with dairy. I cannot have cream cheese, heavy cream, or sour cream (yes!) in the house, I can't leave these things alone. You can imagine how I am with ice cream! Other trigger foods for me are peanuts, black-eyed peas (I know, I'm weird), and all fast carbs. Good thing I'm eating low carb, or I'd starve to death

Cheers!
Marianne

jis4judy replied to greytstuff's response:
Hi Marianne
I can;t have cream in the house either and pistachios get me going too but at least they are a healthy food ..
thanks for sharing

Hey guys,

How we doing this Friday?

I got my brain programmed to eat a big bowl of watermelon and a strawberry/protein smoothie before I even got out of bed. Why? Because on Thursday I ate broasted chicken, (I removed the skin), and a small amount of mashed potatoes.

So far am staying about 2 lbs. under maintenance. But I can't eat higher carb stuff and not cut back the next day.

Good to hear from everybody!

Barb

yes Barb this is a realy nice friday got shopping done and went out for a walk too ..
I am containing some water today even though I didnlt eat salt laden things not sure whats up .. rings are tight thats why I suspect water retention,,
about that water melon is it any good ? I usually wait till june or july to get watermelon ...I do like it but only when it is sweet with the right texure,,
Have a great weekend

Watermelon just so so but eating it anyway for the "flushing" effect and possible vitamins. Also, like variety in my fruits.

What do you think caused the water retention? When the weather gets warm, I tend to swell.

The watermelon actually was a tempting price, about $5. When cut up and chilled, not too bad. I think it tastes better after being chilled.

When we were in Mexico, they would put watermelon in a blender for juice. I think you could freeze the cut up melon, not used and use it it smoothies. I love to freeze the fruits I don't use up for smoothies. Never have tried freezing watermelon, yet.

Happy Saturday!

Barb

Hi Barb
I saw a watermelon blueberry popsicle done on one of the shows not sure which one but it sure looked good .it might have been Dr oz
I am looking forward to the good watermelon season because I am a texture freak ...
I am doing better today rings are fitting betterLOl

Happy saterday to you too

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Watermelon is good. Its one of my favs! I also did a little over eating but not too bad. I went to a demolition derby and we got a pork chop sandwich and split some nachos but its not like I do that everyday. So today I am back on track.
Amber CW 139 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kayla, I'm 20 years old. I've always had a hard time with my weight and not for typical reasons. I've never been a snacker, I a...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.