Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
a little attempt at sabotage
Jis4Judy posted:
last night I went out for my first ice cream of the season at the ice cream shoppe It was of course great BUT my hubby said was it good? and I replyed yes loved it .. he said then go buy another one ! I looked at him and thought is this man nuts? I do not want to go down that seductive road again ice cream over load is what caused my health problems in the first place so my reply was that would be too much for my body to handle so I will decline your offer ,,unless of course you are trying to kill me then we really have a problem...
He said he just wants me to be happy I thought I was happy I wonder if I showed more joy when I was indulging in all those sweets .. I certainly don;t think so I was miserable every time I moved I was in pain I certainly don;t want to go there again,,
I wonder if he will ever be on my side again,, he is eating lless these days and loseing himself why would he try to awaken the monster with in me ..
I will never understand men
Hugs Judy:) venting
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected  but while we are here we may as well dance

Tomato05 responded:
Yes, I think some people see it as a personal triumph when they can get you to surrender to more, against your will.

Maybe it's a competitive issue -" let's see whose will wins: mine in seducing you to eat more, or yours, to resist". He probably views it as a challenge. It may make him feel morally stronger than you if you give in; he doesn't like you being stronger than him. Most men like to "win" in every situation.

If he tries it again, I would thank him profusely and very nicely, if I were you. Say that he helps you a lot by trying to get you to give in to a second portion, as it makes your self-discipline so much stronger when you can show him you can resist. Maybe he will lose interest if he realises his tactics are counter-productive and has the opposite effect to what he wants.

blondie454u responded:
Yeah I get that from friends and family so I feel your pain. They all know how I lost the weight so I'm like do you want me to fat again? Don't you realize that's how I got there in the 1st place? It drives me nuts so I just decline but still its aggravating.
Amber CW 139 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Jis4Judy replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber so are you sort of winging it in maintainance ?
this week I decided not to use fitday and trust myself to eat proper portions and healthy foods
I will weigh in next week and see what I did ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Yeah I'm just winging it. I weigh some things like peanut butter, my cereal, and if use honey on some things but I don't write my calories down like I was. I just use my small plates and fill it with mostly veggies and use fist size portions and nothing touches each other. Seems to be working for me. I just don't have the time any more.
Amber CW 139 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Jis4Judy replied to blondie454u's response:
thats good Amber I am trying to wing it this week and see what happens .
I think sometimes I am so into the nutrition part of it I am eating things I don;t need calorie wise trying to better the nutrition ..
SW 247 CW 153ish maintaining Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Well let us know how it works for you.

jean4u responded:
Hi Judy,

Love your post!

I don't know why people try to tempt us but we must be one our toes at all times. I'm one of those over-eaters, where if "some is good.....more is even better" types.

Good for you to have said "NO". We can't be people-pleasers when it comes to this battle. Trust me they get over it.

I have this gal friend. she has lost over 60 lbs. and LOVES to bake and cook. Her guy friend is diabetic. Well, typical guy, he just LOVES her baking and cooking. But I can see his gut is getting bigger. He is getting less active and has got gout, now. BTW, he said his eyesight is getting worse!

What do you do?

You just stay strong and your body will thank you. Just remember how your eyes improved with your healthy lifestyle.

I really don't think these people see the connection of food and our health. That is why we must!

Happy Wednesday! Make it a healthy one, too.

Barb

Jis4Judy replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb
yes it is a shame they can;t see the health benifits
he is also doing better on his eating habits so it really surprised me when he said what he said LOl
I remember those same words many years ago after I lost 30 pounds to get to my goal weight and I did order another per his suggestion at the time ,,,I was maybe 42 at the time
and exerciseing eating ok not the healthy stuff I now eat
being over 60 things have to be even more limited ..
as we age our metabolism slows I think weight lifting 2 days a week will help keep the metabolism strong.. at least if what I have read about it is true then it could ..
today was a very active day I have been winging it this past week no fitday gonna see if I can maintain without logging every bite

jean4u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Hi Judy,

Can't believe it's Fri. already!

No time for computer. Even skipped the elliptical somewhat.

Scale was up a bit, but down now. Good!!

I just read an article about how "skinny" (I hate that word) women stay that way. Apparently they don't diet, but they limit and don't eat the "fattening" foods on a regular basis. Also, and this is KEY, when they lose weight they don't go back to those foods that put the weight on. If they do have "treat" foods they limit them and not on a regular basis.

I think maintenance has to be a lifestyle change. I know it's worth giving up certain foods to keep my weight at this level.

The article said that think of foods that you want to eliminate as a "bad boyfriend", I know that breadbasket is a bad boyfriend for me that I need to resist. LOL

Happy Friday!

Barb

Jis4Judy replied to jean4u's response:
Yes Barb it is fri allready this week went by in a flash
thats exactly what I figured out for my journey to not totally eliminate foods just make them less often . this is the only way to keep the weight off ..because going back to old patterns of liveing will make us gain back the weight .
and as we age we have to keep our eye on the scale because every year we use less and less calories not a lot maybe 25 daily cals each knew birthday year thats 250 cals less daily for each decade ... weight lifting or strengh training could help keep it going .. the reason it slows is we lose muscle weight as we age rebuilding it can keep the calorie burn at a higher level

jean4u replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Thanks for the reminder about the importance of building muscles to burn those calories as well as building and maintaining our bone strenght.

Hope you are doing well this 4th of July weekend. I recall it's your dh's Birthday, too. Hope he is enjoying it in good health.

Barb

justmejust replied to Jis4Judy's response:
As I improve my nutrition combined with not being 20 anymore I am noticing I have learned what portion sizes are working for me. I have a long way to go to goal, but I am settling in comfortably with a lot of maintaining current weight time interspersed with slowly shedding some weight here and there. I didn't want to accept the fate of fewer calories at my age, but now I'm getting used to it. 25 fewer calories a year after 40 sounds doable. There is so much more to life, especially with fewer pounds on my body and a more stable weight. Yay!
Laura - Goal Weight 145: Current Weight 207: Starting Weight 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change.

Jis4Judy replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura approx 25 calories a day less for each year over 40
thats how we gained some of the weight because we never ate less Just went along changeing nothing ....
most women my hieght can eat 2000 cals to maintain but my age says I can have 1700 a day to maintain and thats with exercise and weight lifting etc if I slow down my exercise I will have to go to 1500 maybe less to maintain
By the way my going without fitday didn't work for me
I was ravenous on thursday and when I jumped back into fitday I found out I wasn;t earing enough and my perception of how to eat is not working properly when I wing it ...

justmejust replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Judy, that's good that you went back to what works for you. Please give yourself a pat on the back from me that you are at goal weight and continue to maintain and even help the rest of us. You're amazing! :)
Laura - Goal Weight 145: Current Weight 207: Starting Weight 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Margie, I'm 32, and I've lived in Mexico during the past 14 years as a long-term missionary. I currently weigh 274 pounds. I've...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.