Skip to content
No More Diets
An_243009 posted:
Has anyone here lost any weight on an all plant based eating program? No more diets in 2012 for me , the more I diet the larger I've become yo-yo not good.I've decided if my food doesn't come from the ground, vine or tree I'm not eating it. I love the animals but it's more so about Saving my Life and Reclaiming my Health. Looking to link up with a buddy if possible.

shire_elf responded:
I lost a lot of weight being vegetarian, but now I realized that it was more because I cut my calories than cutting out meat, but if that is what you want to do go for it, but I would recommend meeting with a nutritionist because you will need to watch you nutrition very carefully since a lot of important vitamins come from animal products. You can get supplements for those vitamins but they could help you get as much out of your food as possible. Wish you luck!!!
Goal:130 Current:226.4 Start:233.6.
We can't just give up because things aren't the way we want them to be.-DBZ

SmilingCats responded:
I have been a pescatarian for the past 6 months. (Basically I avoid most meat, except for fish.) I have lost 50 pounds thus far, but as Shire pointed out, mostly it's because I ate better, and whole foods, that had less calories.

For me, it's more about health than losing weight. There's a lot of cardio disease and diabetes in my family. Removing meat, especially red meat, has done wonders for my health.

It's also about ethics. The way cows and chickens are treated in the agricultural factories is a tragedy. An abuse that I refuse to support.

I have no problem eating free-range meat. But, when I look at how many plant foods I can eat and the calorie exchange, I'm much happier doing without.

It's not an easy road and takes a lot of adjustment.
Barbara - SW 251, CW 200.5, GW 140
Goal: To learn to soothe myself without food.

Lonniez responded:
I have been on a plant based diet for over six months. I eat close to 3000 calories a day and have lost over 70lbs. I eat mostly fruits with an occasional salad for dinner.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I going through menopause and gained 10 pounds to my top weight of 240. I am 5'10', so people told me I carried my weight well, but the bottom...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.