Skip to content
How did you stop yourself from binge eating?
Kourtne posted:
I loovvvee to eat and I was the type of person who would get grumpy if I miss a meal haha. Even though my fitness level was great I was still over weight b/c of my constant eating. Thankfully I broke that habit and even though I still have my moments, I will never go back to where I use to be.

So how and when did you realize the binge eating has to stop and stop for good? Here's mine:

I had my first son in July of 2010. I was my biggest weight ever and didn't show any signs of stopping. I would pray to God to make something in me happen so I can stop all this eating! One day I ate a fatty meal and I got what I thought was heart burn. Day by day it got worse and worse until I was throwing up and constantly being sent to the emergency room. No one knew what was wrong with me but I eventually became severely dehydrated(b/c I couldn't eat or drink anything!) and Jaundice. When I got admitted to the hospital they found out I had gall stones in my gall bladder and one was stuck in a tube that connects my gall bladder to my stomach. It got so bad, my gall bladder was infected and so was my liver causing the jaundice. Right then was a wake up call. Within only a couple of weeks of my illness I went from 210 to 186. I didn't get my gall bladder taken out(I did research and I refused to get it taken out of me) but I realize I CAN go without eating loads of food and I'm not going to starve to death! So from that day forth I just stopped eating so much. I know it may sound simple but its so naturally to me. Now that I experienced real starvation I can experience what it feels like to be full. No matter how hungry I am I can not overeat(unless you have one of those days where the food it sooooo good you can't stop lol).

No I'm not saying you should go on a food fast but to me it was:

1.) a spiritual journey unique to me and
2.) IF YOU DON'T STOP YOURSELF FROM BINGE EATING MORE THEN LIKELY YOUR BODY WILL.

Rather that's gall stones, diabetes etc. Food with come back and bite you in the butt!

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kourtne
My journey began in 2003 and I was for about 2 years looking for info on my eye probem Macular degeneration at the time there was zero treatment so I woke one morning after feeling sorry for myself with the idea the least I could do was eat as healthy as I could eliminate my binge type foods and try to fix my body with healthy eating .
well I embarked on a plan with my focus on nutrition and the weight loss was a delightfull surpise my eyes are stable and my life long asthma went away So avoiding proccessed foods and eating a balanced portion controled food plan made the difference for me One more thing I had this love of icecream that got in the way of many a plan that failed so I made a deal with myself that if I ate health for a whole month no slips than I could go to an ice cream shoppe and have 1 serving this little deal worked great to take away any feeling of being deprived . I still check in here every day to remind myself of my journey and why it is so important . also If I can help someone else thats a bonus too .
My binge behavior was really out of control and sometimes resurfaces but it is shortlived because I am aware old habits are just lurking beneath the surface waiting for us to weaken
when i slip up I get right back on plan asap
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Kourtne replied to jis4judy's response:
Great story Judy. Process food with all its added chemicals is deadly, I hope the world realize that!

blondie454u responded:
Great story! You have to nourish yourself inside and out.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Good for you to find the thing that works for you. Sharing your story will influence others, too!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Having weight issues is not new to me. Maintaining a healthy weight has been a life long issue. Being 100+ lbs. overweight is something new. After a f...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.