Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Up four pounds :-(
justmejust posted:
Hi all,

I got on the scale today and I'm now up 4 pounds. Been socializing and partaking of salty and fatty snacks.

I can't seem to make the time to track my calories like I was doing. I'm still walking about 3 miles or so each day. I have not been having fresh spinach and veggies as much as I used to, having replaced them with more of the fatty, sugary, salty, refined carb foods.

Wow this is challenging. . . I do want to be healthy.

Thanks for listening!
Laura
Laura 145 - 194 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

Kourtne responded:
Laura you are healthy don't make eating sweets and fatty foods every now and then think your not. Just do things in moderation and don't deprive yourself of those sugary,salty, refined carbs. If you do, you will only set yourself up for over eating.Its okay as long as it's every now and then. Good Luck and your doing great! I hope I can get to your size!

abnersmom responded:
Hi Laura,

This is challenging...but you know what to do. WTG on the exercise part. On my long work days, Tues. and Thurs. I just can't seem to fit it in. Of course, I do get some walking in on campus even those days, but not like my other days. I need your discipline there for sure.

Hang in there. Today's a new day!
Debbie SW 265 CW 190 GW 150 - Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. - Arthur Ashe

blondie454u responded:
Yes it is very challenging.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

rohvannyn responded:
Sorry to hear you had a setback, but I know you can recover and continue with your success. We're here for you. It's always tougher in the wintertime but you can do it!
-Roh

Courage is the price that Life exacts itself for granting peace. The soul that knows it not knows no release from little things...

jis4judy responded:
Hi Laura some of it could be water weight especially if you were eating the salty snacks It would be better to make it a habit to have a green vegie every day though .. the idea is to have more healthy eating days than indugence days try to keep the indulgences to a minimum..
great job keeping up the walking
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SmilingCats responded:
Hi Laura,

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves this is a journey. Learning that eating too much of those fatty, salty snacks causes a bit of weight gain -- regardless of how much we exercise -- it part of our learning experience.

It is challenging -- without a doubt.

Time to get back on track and start eating healthy again.

You can do it!
Barbara - SW 251, CW 199.5, GW 140
Goal: To learn to celebrate without eating unhealthy food.

jean4u responded:
Laura,

I posted here yesterday but it didn't take!

I want to send encouragement your way. The 4 lbs. is a signal to cut back on sodium and carbs and hydrate more. I went up a bit, also and look at that as OK cut back on sodium, carbs add more veggies and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Yes, this is a challenge. There is no finish line!

We can keep doing this!!!!

Barb

Happy Tuesday! BTW, everday is a new start to get it right.

apierich responded:
It's always frustrating when I have a setback. I am really working on looking at the setbacks as learning experiences. Even though I know I shouldn't eat the whole thing (last night it was a gigantic stuffed pepper), sometimes I do while telling myself not to and then sit there feeling bloated and uncomfortable and cursing why I didn't just listen to myself. It takes a lot of repetition to get something engraned in any person, that's why elementary school kids seem to "learn" the same thing over and over, year after year. You can make it through this.
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 203

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi It's me-Miamama2 i had trouble with my password and had to create a whole new name but anyway-here is my story-I'm so ashamed to admit but...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.