Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Diet drinks and weight loss
Tomato05 posted:
You may have heard about the results of a recent study (published 13 Feb in American Journal of Clinical Nutrition) that shows that drinking diet drinks can help with weight loss.

It makes sense to me - they have hardly any calories anyway.

I never understood previous studies that said diet drinks prevent weight loss.

Not that I drink a lot of them - I like my tea and water, or the occasional V8 veg juice after a long run.

I order diet soda though if I am in a social situation where asking for tea would be frowned upon e.g. in a bar or at a barbeque, etc.!

How about you/is it good news for you?

jis4judy responded:
Not for me I banned artificial sugars and avoid anything that screams diet .
But I am sure others would be happy with that news
nutritional news sometimes can be suspect because of the business of selling us diet products .
when I was on vacation I had real root beer because it was made right in that restaraunt and was featured as a favorite of many fully sugared and it was good ,, that was just once .
no habit created ..
unless I return to that area ...I won;t be haveing it again ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn replied to jis4judy's response:
A lot depends on how your body reacts to artifical sweeteners. I think some people may use diet drinks as a reason to eat more other things, so that could sabotage a diet potentially. I like stevia, personally, but that's the only non sugar or honey sweetener I use.
-Roh

Courage is the price that Life exacts itself for granting peace. The soul that knows it not knows no release from little things...

blondie454u responded:
For me it's about eating and drinking naturally.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Lonniez replied to blondie454u's response:
I agree. I do not consume processed food nor do I drink any soda. I drink at minimum a gallon of water per day. I drink 1 cup of hemp or almond milk daily. My only bad habit is coffee.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 yrs. old 5'5 134 lbs. I HAVE A 16 YRS. OLD DAUGHTER AND A FABULOUS HUSBAND. I have had a tummy tuck, paid for a personal trainer at the gy...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.