Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BMI and obese
abnersmom posted:
I just got so excited because I realized that I am 10 lbs. from moving from the obese category to the overweight category! So for now as my progress on this journey has slowed, I'm going to use that for a mini-goal and motivation!

Hope everyone else's motivation can get a boost as well. I needed one.

Great discussions this week ladies. This board is definitely on my permanent grateful for list!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 189 GW 150 - Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. - Arthur Ashe

zozozJen responded:

I so envy you!!! You've come this far and you can make it all the way! Good luck to you! Take to the finish line.

I wish I was just over weight again instead of well you know"026 I remember when I found out there were categories of BMI numbers, I felt sick to my stomach.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Debbie
I remember the day I slipped into just overweight from the morbidly obese I was so Happy that I was no longer obese never mind the morbidly obese that I started with
I never thought I would be excited to be just overweight But I was .. I am happy you are aproaching that milestone it is exciteing .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Jen and Judy. I so appreciate your support and know that it will help to goal and with maintenance!
Debbie SW 265 CW 189 GW 150 - We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
Maya Angelou

mefirstforever responded:
Go Debbie Go!
You are really kicking but.
Helene GW 140 CW 194 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

SmilingCats responded:
Congratulations, Debbie! I know you are working very hard and it's paying off nicely.

I see your numbers dropping consistently, and that is impressive. Keep up the good work. You make us all proud!

I understand the need for a boost, but remember this is a journey. As we reach closer to our goal, the weight is naturally going to come off slower. Don't sweat it, but enjoy the journey. If it came off to easy, it might be that much easier to slip back to your former ways of eating.
Barbara - SW 251, CW 199.5, GW 140
Goal: To learn to celebrate without eating unhealthy food.

abnersmom replied to SmilingCats's response:
Thanks Helene and Barbara. You are right about this being a forever journey and I'm clear on that for sure. Too many attempts in the past that have failed in maintenance. Maintenance still scares me because of past failures, but I'm learning from folks here everyday. I'm gonna celebrate every milestone along this journey. Happy Friday everyone. It's sunny here for a change - woohoo!
Debbie SW 265 CW 189 GW 150 - We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
Maya Angelou

Lonniez responded:
Congratulations!! I remember going from morbidly obese, obese to overweight and finally to healthy weight! it was an 8 month journey that I am still on. I feel that I am still not healthy as I have a bit of a belly still but working on that. The BMI was and still is a great motivator for me. Keep up the great work!!!

blondie454u responded:
WTG!!!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.