Skip to content
Officially a member of Onederland!
SmilingCats posted:
Hi Everyone,

I have been under 200 pounds for three weeks now. So I am now an official member of Onderland. Whew-hoo!

I bought a new dress for a wedding I'm going to on St. Patrick's Day. It's a size 18. The last wedding I went to this summer, I had to buy a size 24 dress.

Thanks for all of your encouragement and wisdom. It really means a lot to me.

Hugs to you all!
Barbara - SW 251, CW 197, GW 140
Goal: To learn to celebrate life without eating unhealthy food.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
congrats Barbara I am doing the onderland happy dance in your honor and waviing hot pink pom poms !!!
doesn;t it feel good to be in a smaller size ?
yippy Go Barbara GO !!!
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn responded:
Woohoo! Congrats on your progress! I know you'll keep it up, and the dress size change is awesome too.
-Roh

Courage is the price that Life exacts itself for granting peace. The soul that knows it not knows no release from little things...

zozozJen responded:
Great Job I'm so happy for you. Soon, you'll be able to make a pretty pillow out of that dress ha, ha. Keep Going, Win, and Succeed and meet your goal! You Go Girl!

abnersmom responded:
Yeehaw! I'm celebrating with you, but not with food, of course. Bet you look gorgeous in that new dress!
Debbie SW 265 CW 187 GW 150 - We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
Maya Angelou

norma_j responded:
Congratulations Barbara on making it to Onederland.. You have got to be totally excited. I can't wait to join you there!

Norma
SW 222/ CW 203/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

mefirstforever responded:
Yeah Barbara,
I could just hug you, I guess I just did.
Onederland !!!!! And 5 size down !!!!
Certainly a reason to celebrate. Have a great time at the wedding.
Helene GW 140 CW 194 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

apierich responded:
WOOOOHOOO! I don't think I will be so patient to wait till my weight stablizes to officially count myself in Onderland, but I am sure that if I fluctuate like you did I would feel like a total failure, I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Doesn't the shopping rock! I was so excited when I could fit correctly into a size 18 again, but sometimes I put on the bigger clothes to remind myself that just a few short months ago I was a size 22-24 and some of them were getting tight on me but now not even a belt will keep the pants up and the shirts are so big I have to wear an undershirt with them so as to not show my bra. If you ever feel down about your weight loss, try it, it feels great and keeps the spirits up.
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 200.5

apierich replied to apierich's response:
Ok, I just read this and realized how bad the first paragraph sounds. Neither of us are failures to have made it this far! I know you have talked about how you felt that way while teeter tottering on that boarder and I know I feel that way since my weight loss has slowed down in recent months. You rock for your patience to count yourself in Onderland after you stabalized, that patience is something I often lack.
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 200.5

blondie454u responded:
WTG!!!! Happy dancing!!! So proud of you!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

SmilingCats replied to apierich's response:
Thanks everyone, for your congrats. Really and truly this Board has meant a great deal to me. I have probably learned something from each and every regular Boardie here.

I am so glad that we are on this journey together; encouraging and inspiring one another.

As we've said many times before, this is a journey and there is no timeline or deadline.

Cheers to us all!

SmilingCats replied to apierich's response:
Apie, don't worry. I know exactly what you meant about feeling like a failure.

Sometimes, believe it or not, I'm happy the weight is coming off slower now. Reason being that I have always been able to lose significant amounts of weight. I have not been successful at KEEPING it off. So, this slow down period is really affirming to me. The weight-loss was not a fluke. It's also proving to me that I can eat healthy and in moderation without the little pat on the back that the scale provides. This is vital, because come maintenance, that boost at seeing the scale go down will be absent.

I did save a few of my size 24 pants. You are right, it is VERY encouraging to see them, and even try them on. Every bit of affirmation helps!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Lurking from the Diet Community -

Congratulations! You are going to look beautiful and feel great - have fun at the wedding.

I'm lurking from the Diet Community where I am a WebMD Moderator. There is a new member looking for support and suggestions - perhaps some of you can welcome? New and 100 to Lose

Haylen

p.s. Barbara, please post details of the dress - color, style etc!

mommaxeli responded:
Congratulations!
Work at home Mom of four :) SW: 260 CW: 160 GW: 145

jean4u responded:
Barbara,

Happy Onderland AND the new dress size!!! WTG!!!

Plus the feeling of accomplishment that goes with staying on your journey. Even when the slips happened you got back on it. No stopping YOU now!!!

Barb

Hugs to you too!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 52 years old, severely asthmatic, have a leg that was once badly broken and doesn't tolerate exercise well. Because of my lung problem, I am ...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.