Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello everyone
momrose123 posted:
Hello. My name is Cynthia Rose and I am so glad I foud this group. I need to lose 100 lbs. and I am certain I will be able to do it with the encouragement of this group. Please give me some starting out tips that helped you so I can get this aprty started!!lol thank you all in advance for your help.

rohvannyn responded:
Welcome! This is an awesome community and I hope you like it here. I know I do. Just coming here is a good starting point as you will get lots of good ideas and motivation.

For myself, the most important thing I did was stop eating junk food and white carbs. I replaced them with fruits and vegetables. Also, I started moving more. I now exercise quite a bit and have found that to be motivation in and of itself. If I could say one thing, I would say, work on increasing the nutritional quality of your food.

Good luck!
Roh SW 220ish and blorpy CW 196 GW 140ish and buff

Courage is the price that Life exacts itself for granting peace. The soul that knows it not knows no release from little things...

jis4judy responded:
Hi Momrose
welcome aboard .
I started my journey with health in mind so I began changeing my way of eating to healthy stuff like more fresh fruits and vegies lean meats whole grains fat free milk and yogurt nuts in moderation.
the best way to start is to look with in and find out what your trigger foods are and stop buying them ,,,
make changes you can live with for a lifetime because if you diet and go back to old eating habits you will just regain the lost pounds .
Post here often to logg you progress so we can celebrate with you when you do good and we can encourage you to get back on plan when you slip we all slip it is better if the good days are more frequent than the slips

I have 2 links That helped me a lot during my journey
http://www.fitday.com/

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-diet/NU00200

nice haveing you on board hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten some great advice so welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

momrose123 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy. Thank you so much. I didn't think anyone would respond. I'm going to the sites now. Thank's again!!

momrose123 replied to blondie454u's response:
Thank's Blondie!!!

momrose123 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank's Ronvannyn. I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis and am in pain. I am going to try and find an exercise regimine to follow that will help me and not pput me in bed...lol

Thank's again!!

zozozJen responded:
WELCOME MOMROSE123!

I wish you all the success in the world. Be sure to read a lot about good health habits and eat as healthy as you can. I have become practically a vegetarian but I'm losing weight. If you need help just ask the questions and you will get answers.

Jen

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi! Welcome!
I'm Kim, I started logging here in early Jan this year after I finally got fed up with myself and my weight problems.
I am always looking for lower impact exercises that won't put me on bedrest from my arthritis bound hip screaming at me. But since I'm trying to lose weight and am basicly a slug when it comes to exercise, I have to find ways around it.
Today I found "sparkpeople.com ". They have full length (9-15 min) realplayer downloadable exercise videos for free . Most of these look easy on the joints but will tone and trim us as we loose weight. I downloaded the chair toning ones for my hip and believe me, two vids is about all I could get through! fun, entertaining and well worth the effort I think. As I've been losing weight, since I'm older, I have been stressing about all the loose skin I'm anticipating having, so I'm trying to tone as I go. I know I can't be the only one thats worrying about this so Please, if you find any other free vids out there, share the site. I'd appreciate it.

abnersmom responded:
Welcome Cynthia! Glad you joined us. Take it one day, one minute at a time is my best advice. Log your food, measure and eat lots of fruits and veggies. Best of luck.
Debbie SW 265 CW 184 GW 150 - We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
Maya Angelou

Norma_J responded:
Welcome Cynthia .. I too stumbled onto this group and have been doing great just being inspired by all the wonderful people I have been talking to. Come often whether to lurk or to get suggestions.. I promise if you put the commitment into it, along with coming in here you will get through it. IT being the journey which is what we are all committed to. We don't do diets in here.

I see you have gotten some great advice from these ladies already.

I use the WebMD food and fitness planner to track my food intake and have even got my daughter into using it and she has lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. Just by really paying attention to what you eat and how much is very important in this process.

I know Judy uses Fitday .. either way you go will help with your journey.

Good Luck and keep coming back .. that's how you will get through.

Norma
SW 222/ CW 201/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

rthibado responded:
Hi - I just joined this group too and everyone is very helpful! Here is a link that I found this morning to a list of healthy foods for weight loss. WebMD has great tools to help with the journey.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-fat-fighting-foods?ecd=wnl_fit_030912
RT

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a senior citizen who is STILL looking to re-reach a goal set years ago. 50 lbs. would be wonderful! Because of a heart problem, a diagnosis ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
61 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.