Skip to content
Happy Friday Everyone!
norma_j posted:
Hoping everyone has a great weekend!

Went to the gym this morning. Worked out on a couple pieces of equipment and did 15 minutes on the eliptical. Then I went for my swim (which is the reason I went this morning). I had forgotten how hard it is to swim laps .. that is one of those automatic muscle aches .. OMG especially when you do the laps in the warm water pool. You don't even realize until you get out, that the pool makes you feel weightless. As I started to walk up the stairs out of the pool I could feel the gravitational pull coming back in my body. I use to swim in the big pool which is alot colder than the one I was in this morning. I think I'll have to try getting in there at least one day a week. Then I sat in the whirlpool for 15 minutes and did the bicycle manuever and one of my ab exercises while I was in there. Then I took 8 minutes in the Steam room .. whew it was some hot this morning. Good thing I have the weekend to recouperate before I go back on Monday .. I'm going to try to get in there Mon - Tues - Thurs - Fri. which is what I did this week.

When I went yesterday I forgot to take a bottle of water with me .. so as I was working out I had to keep going to the fountain and would just take little sips .. can taste the chemicals .. that was one big mistake .. I can't stress hard enough to anyone that works out how important it is to keep hydrated during the workout. I just couldn't get enough water yesterday .. I drank 7 - 20 oz bottles yesterday and still felt like I was dehydrated. Didn't make that mistake today .. took two bottles with me and drank both.

Okay .. sorry about the rambling .. everyone have a great weekend. Here's to our journey!

Norma
SW 222/ CW 201/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

rthibado responded:
thanks and you have a great weekend too!
RT

jean4u responded:
What a workout!!!

The reminder to pack water is soo true. Once we get our hydration on target, we miss it when we get off track.

I always pack a 20 oz. Crystal Light with lots of ice and a gallon bag of salt free air popped popcorn with me when I take my car to run even short errands.

Here's to "the journey"!!!

Barb

jean4u replied to rthibado's response:
RT,

You feeling better?

Don't you love all the tips you get here. I learn all the time.

Happy Saturday!

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Shew! What a workout! That's awful you forgot your water. I have done that before not many times that's for sure. You won't do that much. Glad you're doing well.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mom of 2 wonderful boys ages 4 and 13. I have struggled with my weight and eating disorders all of my life. I have been too thin ...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.