Skip to content
Weight Watchers
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I just joined weight watchers online. Lets see if this helps if I can figure it out.

BB

zozozJen responded:
Good for you! Everyone has to do what works for them. You'll figure it out. Let us know how you do.

Tomato05 responded:
A lot of people have had very positive results with WW, and although it is not something I would like, I wish you all the best with it.

Keep writing and telling us how it goes.

mefirstforever responded:
Good luck BB,
WW has a lot of good information, and very structured teachings. I hope this works for you. Keep in touch.
Helene GW 140 CW 194 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

mommaxeli responded:
I "roughly" used their point system to lose my first 30 or so pounds. I never officially joined. I just counted points based on information I found online.

Good luck!
Work at home Mom of four :) SW: 260 CW: 159 GW: 145

abnersmom responded:
Good luck BB!
Debbie SW 265 CW 183 GW 150 - We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
Maya Angelou

beautifulbuffalo replied to mommaxeli's response:
How do I keep from eating. That's all I want to do.
BB

jis4judy replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
hey there BB
Not eating is disasterous to your metabolism .
I do believe your problem comes from too much sugar
I checked the life cereal and it;s second ingredient is sugar
and it has a lot of colors and other chemicals added ..
You may want to change the cereal you eat ..
between meals I have green tea with lemon or ice water
they are zero calorie drinks that are accually good for you.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

3point14 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
You don't want to keep from eating, you want to keep from eating too much of the bad stuff! The goal of weight watchers is to help you lose weight while also not starving (which as Judy mentioned, wrecks your metabolism).

To keep myself from eating excessively, I wash out my mouth with Scope when I'm done eating. I'm less likely to mindlessly binge on food if my teeth are clean

Also, making sure you are full more of the time will help you from being ravenous and making poor decisions. Maybe try mini-meals throughout the day? For all my meals I try to make sure they have two components, one big and one little. Like for breakfast, I'll do a bowl of oatmeal early in the morning, and then an apple to tide me over in between breakfast and lunch. For lunch I'll do some veggie soup and then have some fresh veggies cut up to snack on between lunch and dinner, stuff like that.

Best of luck with the WW!

larsstarscanary responded:
Congratulations for joining WW online.

I attend the meetings in person for feedback, suggestions, support, etc. I've been a member since 1996 and at goal for most of that time.

If you ever feel you need more....I would suggest attending meetings in person...

Best wishes.

Lar

blondie454u replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
You have to eat to survive but it's what you eat and how much you eat. Just because whole foods are healthy you can't over eat on those either. You can still gain weight from over eating on healthy foods. A calorie is a calorie no matter if it's a healthy calorie or a fatty calorie but you have to eat what's a value to your body. A fatty calorie would have no nutritional value at all where as a healthy calorie does. You have to eat a balance of food to be healthy and stay that way.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u responded:
Good luck!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old. Have been married for almost 8 years and have three children with my husband. Their ages are 6, 5 and 4!!! My 5 year old was diagno...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.