Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
So pumped about my progress so far!
pamom1980 posted:
My birthday was this past Sunday the 11th.. Monday, I decided to change the way I ate and to become more active.. I'm happy to say that on Monday I did weigh 295 BUT as of today, I am down to 288.2!!!!

I know that the first couple of weeks will show the most weight loss and then it will slow down and will get harder.. But still. I wake up each morning ready to tackle the day and do well so that I can drop more weight.. I just had to share because I am really excited!!!

Tomato05 responded:
That sounds good - you're off to a very good start. Keep it up, like you say, tackle each day, one at a time.

Just think - you could give yourself the best birthday gift next year by being well below 200lb.

abnersmom responded:
Congratulations! That's awesome.
Debbie SW 265 CW 180 GW 150 - We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
Maya Angelou

jis4judy responded:
Happy Bellated Birthday to you and what a great job you are doing getting healthier with each day too .
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rthibado responded:
Great job!
RT

blondie454u responded:
Happy belated bday! Great job on the loss! Yes you're giving yourself the biggest birthday present ever by making a healthier you!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

norma_j responded:
Congratulations on you weight loss ..and belated Happy Birthday! I is wonderful when you get on the scale and the numbers have gone down. There will also be other signs, make sure you measure yourself now .. that is your other sign that you are getting healthier when your scale doesn't move

Good luck on your journey

Norma
SW 222/ CW 200/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

3point14 responded:
Keep up the fantastic work!!!! You have such a great attitude, it really is about tackling the day, not about getting intimidated by change.

And Happy Birthday!

pamom1980 replied to 3point14's response:
Just as an update: I am now 279.2!!!!
Goal: To lose 160 pounds and get the happier/healthier me back.

jis4judy replied to pamom1980's response:
Good job Pamom
you are the incredible shrinking woman keep up the good work I hope you are chooseing healthy foods makeing better choices each day
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to pamom1980's response:
Way to GO! Doing great. Congrats on the weight loss and the extra energy you are obviously experiencing. What a rush , right?
Kim SW 243 CW 211.6 GW 135 Diet and Exercise go hand in hand--
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

mefirstforever replied to pamom1980's response:
Congratulation pamom,
I mist you 3 weeks ago, so I wish you a warm welcome. I read you profile and you have you hand full with 3 kids.

You can be proud of your achievement. Way to Go!!!!

Do tell us more about you plan.
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

abnersmom replied to pamom1980's response:
Woohoo! Go pamom Go!
Debbie SW 265 CW 179 GW 150 - We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
Maya Angelou

blondie454u replied to pamom1980's response:
You go! Congrats!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

pamom1980 replied to mefirstforever's response:
I don't necessarily have a "plan".. But instead of like I used to eat where I filled my plate and just ate until I was stuffed (after having seconds, etc), I eat off of a smaller plate so it looks like I have more and I eat only the suggested serving size of everything. In the mornings, I have a cup of Special K with a 1/2 cup of milk.. Sometimes I do that for lunch too.. But basically I just watch what I'm eating and how much. I've cut out all soda and I no longer use sugar in my coffee (I use Stevia now which is a natural sweetener).

I have not yet implemented any exercising but am going to this week.. Previously, I didn't do exercising because I wanted to introduce myself to a little at a time so that I didn't feel overwhelmed and give up. Plus, I was recently diagnosed with Anxiety and Depression so I was having to get used to the meds and their effects on me.

But I do have Zumba and I have a Phoenix Recumbent Exercise Bike that I got for $10 at the Salvation Army that I plan on using.. You can see a picture of it here at this site.. Mine looks just like the picture.

Otherwise, just taking walks around town is the only other thing I was planning on doing for now.. That's my "plan" of attack.. LOL Thanks for all of the support too..
Goal: To lose 160 pounds and get the happier/healthier me back.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a native Western New Yorker in the midst of a battle for my health whilst living abroad, away from my friends and family. I've been gainfu...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.