Skip to content
So, today I bought a Buzz Lightyear baby bowl....
totallywiggedout posted:
Rewind: setting, breakfast table, Two bowls of cereal on table. One (the boyfriend's) filled to the brim with coco puffs. The other (mine) had a massive goldmine of exactly, yes I counted them, 25 brown sugar mini wheats. Way down DEEP in this massive breakfast bowl. His looked appealing because it was full. My mind screamed, "WHERE'S MINE??!" Calmly , I poured my 1 cup of almond milk on my cereal and ate my breakfast. While he was still plowing through his, I said, "I'm going to find a single serving breakfast bowl, if it kills me trying."
Looked at the antiquest stores, for those smaller dainty bowls from the 1950's , way too high priced. No such animal at the bargain stores either, just plastic bowls of same sizes I already own..... hmmmm. Today, it dawned on me. Baby bowls! I bought the cheapest, nice one they had, it was clearanced out.
So what if I have to look at Woody and Buzz Lightyear when I reach the bottom. At least it will have been filled almost to the top!
Remember, whatever it takes to get through the day, do it. If the option you need to take gets you closer to the goal without making you feel you are depriving yourself, it's a better option.
Kim SW 243 CW 213.8 GW 135 The last time I voluntarily did aerobics, I was wearing bunny slippers near my neighbor's hunting dog.....

apierich responded:
It totally works. I have used my kids bowls and plates just to trick my eyes into thinking I have more than I do. Another trick is to get those small ziploc bags, the ones that are smaller than sandwich size, and use them for snacks or to pack the componenets of your lunch. They are so full with sometimes half a serving I find myself not even eating everything in them.
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 197

mefirstforever replied to apierich's response:
Apierich, Your are so funny I loved that movies.To infinity, and beyond!
But seriously, I also eat in small bread plate and salad bowl only otherwise I over eat. I will take a regular plate if I can fill out tree quarter in vegetables.
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

blondie454u responded:
That's a great idea. I am gonna do the same because I have 12in plates and they look so empty. I don't fill it up or anything but sometimes I will use the saucer plates. I guess it's time for new plates.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

rohvannyn replied to blondie454u's response:
Great idea! You can also find small bowls at Asian food stores. I like those especially. The dollar store sometimes has them too. I have a fairly large bowl and I keep intending to downsize but I fill it up mostly with vegetables when we have stir fry.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 193.6 GW 140ish and buff

Courage is the price that Life exacts itself for granting peace. The soul that knows it not knows no release from little things...

Zevah responded:
You are right.\!
Whatever it takes to keep on track and make work!
We are visual beings and sometimes we need to "trick" our brain and that's fine, (by the way, I love your cereal).
Enjoy your breakfast and have a great week

totallywiggedout responded:
I had been looking for small glassware too. Baby sized are ok, right size but have that "sippy cup" edge, and I'm a dribbler(drooler?) with edges like that, so I kept looking. If you have a Hobby Lobby near you I found a set of 4 summer plastics that hold exactly 1 cup each. They cost a buck 99 and they were a blessing.
Kim SW 243 CW 213.8 GW 135 The last time I voluntarily did aerobics, I was wearing bunny slippers near my neighbor's hunting dog.....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 64 years old with a weight problem that has crept on since my forties when I started a beta blocker for a heart problem. Of course I could ha...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.