Skip to content
8 months and 52lbs down, WOW!
apierich posted:
I still can't believe it has only been eight months since I hit my heaviest weight ever. I didn't even really start on my journey to a healthier life until seven months ago when I was still that weight. In August I was 249lbs and my size 22pants were a little snug on me, now I am 197lbs and my size 18 are getting lose on me ( I have to constantly pull them up but I'm not fitting into 16's yet but it should be coming soon!) I am just so excited about all I have accomplished.

The strangest thing is I can't wrap my mind around the idea that it was such a short time ago that I was at my heaviest. I think part of the reason for this is I have adapted so well to a healthier life style that I can't believe how little I was moving and burning calories and how many calories I was taking in. It had to be so much different than what I am doing now, but I can't imagine it. Another reason I think it's so surreal is that I have dieted on and off since I was 10 and it always seemed to take so much longer to lose less than I have in this short time, but I think that is more because then the focus was on losing the weight so I never focused on maitenance afterwards. It's all very surreal.It's not like I have made huge lifestyle changes all at once, just a few things at a time, but when I think it's been just 7 months that I have been working on being healthier it feels like it has been all at once because 7 months is a short period of time when you look at the grand scheme of things.

The reason I am posting about all of this is today while I was out running around to activities for my kids I looked in a mirror in a bathroom and the t-shirt I am wearing looks huge on me as well as the pants I am wearing that are made to be tight are noticably lose. It's just an XL t-shirt (my husband's really) and it's really loose, maybe it is time for me to try on a medium since I know the large t-shirts we have fit me fine just a month ago. It's just one week from my birthday now (it's friday) and I'm not where I would like to be with my weight or size, but, goodness, I have come a long way and I am proud on myself this far.

So, how long has your current journey been underway and how far have you come?
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 197

totallywiggedout responded:
Mine started Jan 3 of this year. As of this morning, I've lost 30 pounds that I have no intention of looking for.
Kim SW 243 CW 213.8 GW 135 The last time I voluntarily did aerobics, I was wearing bunny slippers near my neighbor's hunting dog.....

abnersmom responded:
Congratulations, Apierich and Kim! Kudos to both of you. I started my journey in June 2011. Joined here in Sept. Best thing I ever did weight loss wise. I have learned so much.
Debbie SW 265 CW 179 GW 150 - We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
Maya Angelou

jis4judy responded:
Hi congrats onyour successful journey to better health and slimmer body You are in onederlad thats an awsome achievment
My journey has been going on for nine years this month .
been maintaining for about 8 of those years ...
I hope you have a Happy Birthday next week ,,,
You should be proud you are doing awsome ...

congrats to wigged out too
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
Wow Apierich,
You have a triple whammy,
Onederland Half way to your goal and a Birthday.

Certainly a good reason to celebrate.
Congratulation an a great summer to come!!!!

P.S. I've started July 2011 and on this Blog Sept 2011. I have lost 27 pounds so far. I now ware size 16 and love it.
Already bought my size 14 pants for the summer maybe by the end of June.
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

blondie454u responded:
Congrats on everyone! I am so glad that you guys are doing so well.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Zevah responded:
Congrats !!!!!
I hope one day I'll have a successful story like you.
Good luck on the rest of your journey

Tomato05 responded:
Congratulations - you are a wonderful example to us.

You have managed to change your life around.

I have only recently started losing again, so it's been slow, and it's only a few pounds, but it's a start.

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, the maintenance.... man that's a great achievement all on it's own. If not actually a harder to achieve one than the actual weight loss. You and your success are like the light at the end of the tunnel for me. It's not all weight loss, it's the KEEPING it off that is true goal.
Kim SW 243 CW 213.8 GW 135 The last time I voluntarily did aerobics, I was wearing bunny slippers near my neighbor's hunting dog.....

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi KIm
thanks for your compliments I do believe makeing my focus better health was the thing that keeps me going . really thinking about makeing changes to improve my body healthwise . I am surprised myself that I am able to keep this going . I did lose weight for vanity a few times but regained every time with extra weight ,,I was not willing to give up certain foods and that derailed me every time.. this time I made a plan for the sweet tooth used it to help rather than hurt I made deals with myself like staying on my healthy plan for 1 whole month then and only then I could have icecream or whatever sweet in a proper portion at a icecream shoppe or bakery ...or candy shopp...
I keep those things out of my house ...because I am allways aware that I am 1 decision away from a binge on those things .
even today ...I think a lot of my maintainance success is because I know myself so well ...and I am learning how to manage my own life and body ....
I hope some of this ramble helps
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

norma_j responded:
WTG Apierich. What an awesome inspiration. That is why I love coming here .. everyone inspires one another to lose or maintain.

I started on my journey on Jan 10, 2012 after going for a yearly physical and weighed in at 222.2. Normally a .2 at the end wouldn't scare me but this time it did probably the numbers that came before it. I am 26 lbs down as of yesterday and continuing to try to get through every day the best that I can. I finally came to a realization that if I could quit smoking that I could lose weight. I know it will continue to be a challange for me, just like the smoking.. there is not a day goes by that I don't think about a cigarette. I just know that it is making me healthier everyday that I don't smoke and it is making me healthier everyday that I eat right and continue to lose weight. (My knees thank me for that part).

Judy and Amber are my greatest inspirations because they are on maintainence and it really is harder to maintain than it is to lose. Just like quitting is easier than not picking a pack up on the way home.

We are all on a long journey called life. Make it the best that you can.
Norma SW 222/ CW 196/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

blondie454u replied to norma_j's response:
Yes that is so true! You only live once make it the best and last as long as you can!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

nwwoman75 responded:
Congratulations, Apierich! Success breeds success and you are a great example! You're on the downhill grade now. Keep up the good work ...
1/4/12..... getting healthy again!
-22 on 4/3.......making headway!
Never give up!

Sally

rthibado responded:
Great job - hope to have the same result by the end of this year myself!
RT

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always over weight. I finally decide to loose the weight when I was 22. I was 238, and I got down to 182 in 1980. Got married and then the weigh...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.