Skip to content
shopping nsv
mommaxeli posted:
I had a pleasant NSV (non-scale victory) this weekend.

My husband and I went shopping for our date night (we live on the wild side!). I decided to try some clothes on just for fun. I was able to wear size 8 pants and a size small shirt! NEVER, ever, ever thought I'd get to single digits and a small! Now, I'm not too excited...the particular brand of pants must run big in sizes because I don't fit in an 8 anywhere else. But it was fun to see it on the tag

It's still a little surreal for me, though. While I'm miles ahead psychologically than I was a few months ago, I'm still struggling with body image. I just cannot fathom that I'm that small yet. I still head for the plus size section. Or I'll see a mannequin with a cute outfit but dismiss it because, "They won't have it in my size." Very strange stuff for me.
Work at home Mom of four :) SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
Looking at your picture, I have trouble seeing you at 260 lol. And yet, that's all you STILL see. hmmmm. It's all in your mind baby!
You have done so well , and with the cool runnings you are packing that body firmer and firmer. If you are now into "large" 8s it won't be long now before it'll be every 8 and some 6s.
To put it into perspective.... you have lost either a Leann Rimes (singer) or a Justin Bieber (you know him) depending on what they ate for breakfast. LOL
Kim SW 243 CW 210.4 GW 135 Diet and Exercise go hand in hand--
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

blondie454u responded:
That's so awesome! I know what this feels like and it's amazing and yes your that small. You're rockin it!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
WTG!!!!! Love the SIZE 8!!!!

Barb

P.S. Your brain just needs time to catch up to your hot new body.

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim,

Ha ha....maybe Justin Timberlake (he looks small, too).

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
He wasnt listed, the next one up is Snooki But I wonder if that's before the hair extensions and makeup or after (?) for sure I'd deduct a couple of lbs from her "madeup " weight
Kim SW 243 CW 210.4 GW 135 Diet and Exercise go hand in hand--
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

jean4u replied to jean4u's response:
Oh, I just Googled Justin and it is alleged that he weighs 160.

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Gosh Mommaxelli, it seems like just the other day you were celebrating size 12. Look at you now!
Debbie SW 265 CW 177 GW 150 - Today, I choose the higher road -
the path of charity, acceptance, love, selflessness, kindness.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Zevah responded:
CONGRATS !!!!
Great job in losing all the weight you have lost. You should be VERY proud of your self.
Enjoy your single digit pants!
You are a great inspiration for someone like me that want one day to be in you shoes.
It seems so far away and I'm trying really hard to convince my self that I can do it.
I will walk a 5k in a couple of weeks, i don't run due to arthritis in both knees. I'm looking forward to.
Congrats once more, you have accomplished a phenomenal task and you are a great example for people like me just starting the journey.
Have a great week

jis4judy responded:
Yes about th sizes they are different from store to store
label to label.
but it does feel good to fit into smaller clothes even if they are a tiny bit off ...I was still going to the plus size area for a while and trying on clothes that were too big It took a while before I could know my accual size...
getting your body and mind together does take some time to get used to...
Congrats mommaxeli on your continued success
NSVs are wonderful to experience
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mommaxeli responded:
So I went back last night and bought one of the outfits I tried on! It was expensive...but worth it! I also had a gift card to the store, so I saved some there, too Hubby made me take a pic so I could share it!

Still can't believe that's a small!!!
Work at home Mom of four :) SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145

abnersmom replied to mommaxeli's response:
You look fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on your success. Inspiring!
Debbie SW 265 CW 177 GW 150 - Today, I choose the higher road -
the path of charity, acceptance, love, selflessness, kindness.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

blondie454u replied to mommaxeli's response:
You a HOT Mama!!!! You go girl. I love that outfit!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy replied to mommaxeli's response:
You look awsome and very healthy too
Love that outfit too
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

norma_j replied to mommaxeli's response:
You look Super Fabulous! You have accomplished so much. Congratulations on your single digit clothes!!!!!
Norma SW 222/ CW 194/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been bigger than other girls. I was an 8 pound baby and my weight never stopped increasing. I think genetics are partially to blame bu...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.