Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Little by Little I'm getting there
Zevah posted:
Lost another 2.5 lbs, very happy.
I'm one of those who's lost might take couple of weeks to really show. I lose little by little, some weeks just 0.5 or 1lb and some weeks nothing at all.
Had a little set back over Easter but back on the horse I went and here I'm losing again.
It's hard work, for me the most difficult thing as I have said before, is to wake up in the morning to go to the gym, but it really pays off.
Exercise makes feel so good and empowered to make better choices.
One thing that it's different this time around( and I'm grateful), is that I'm not craving sweets anymore, witch is my weakness.
I believe that the combination of eating right, exercise and giving up
the daily glass of wine, is providing my body with all its needs and that's curbing my craves on sweets and other bad things.
I'm trying to stay positive about all this, but sometimes can't help to be afraid that some day I'll give up and go back to my old habits.
That's why this community is very helpful.
I can come to the board an read about everyone's success and that gives me the boost to keep on going.
Have a great week everybody

jean4u responded:
Hi Zevah,

I too, feel that exercise gives a feeling of empowerment. I wrote about that in an earlier post. I think it is important to start my day with even a small bit of exercise before I leave my bedroom. I do wall push ups, stretches, jumps and jog in place. This just takes a few minutes. I also drink a glass of water. Just sets the tone of the day. Like you say....EMPOWERMENT!

Keep up your good work!

Barb

P.S. Congrats on 2.5 down, WTG!!!

jis4judy responded:
Hi Zevah
congrats on the 2.5 recent pounds removed you are doing well.
about the bad habits returning that can happen thats why we have to be aware and stop it as soon as we recognise it ..
I also like how I feel after exercise,, like Barb says it is empowering...

and it is that fear in me that I will start the weight gain over again thats what keeps me posting here too..
I learned that old habits are never really gone they are sleeping waiting for a weak moment to take over again so don;t let them wake up ...thats my approach ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
WTG! Another 2.5 is awesome. I too fear the slipping back into old habits. That's why I'm going to stay here and let you guys keep reminding me to stay the course. Hope you have a great week as well.
Debbie SW 265 CW 176 GW 150 - Today, I choose the higher road -
the path of charity, acceptance, love, selflessness, kindness.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Tomato05 responded:
As long as the overall trend is downwards, it doesn't matter if it goes slowly. Anyway, 2.5lb is a major step in the right direction, congratulations.

blondie454u responded:
That's great!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mefirstforever responded:
Congrats on the 2.5 pounds.

Imagine 2.5 pounds of butter or even half pound

You are so right to be proud.

Have a great week!!!!
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 20 and at 215! i was 120 only a few years ago, i feel like i cant lose weight i dont even know how i let myself get so big i just want to stop bein...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.