Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
No Longer Obese
norma_j posted:
As of today .. According to my BMI with WebMD I am no longer obese .. I am now just overweight.. I finally made it to 192.

Happy Monday Everyone!
Norma SW 222/ CW 192/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
thats awsome Norma I remember when I made it into the overweight not obese or morbidly obese I felt so good it gave me motivation to continue ...
good job Hugs Judy:) doing a happy dance for you
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Congrats! It's a great feeling. I didn't get into that category until under 180 - now the motivation is for healthy weight! Go team!
Debbie SW 265 CW 176 GW 150 - Today, I choose the higher road -
the path of charity, acceptance, love, selflessness, kindness.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

3point14 responded:
keep up the awesome work!!!!

blondie454u responded:
WoooooHoooooo! You go sexy thing you! :d
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout responded:
Certainly an achievement to be proud of. The new "designation" of BMI will definitely be a card up your sleeve to pull out and flash in front of your doctor next time you see him/her. Be proud, it's a right of passage on your successful journey.
Kim SW 243 CW 206.6 GW 135

All the Dreamers are Dieting

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.--Erma Bombeck

norma_j responded:
Thanks Everyone .. That was goal #1 ..I wanted to be at the overweight mark by my birthday .. Sounds funny huh! Now just working on Barb's Challange of 4 lbs by Memorial Day .. Down 1 so far!

jis4judy replied to norma_j's response:
yes and your birthday is tomorrow so you made it Happy Birthday in case I forget tomorrow,
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I'm gonna say it now too, Norma, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! because I figure you'll be out kickin up your heels tomorrow and prolly won't get a chance to log and get all the bday wishes.
Kim SW 243 CW 205.4 GW 135

All the Dreamers are Dieting

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.--Erma Bombeck

Tomato05 responded:
Congratulations - you are inspiring.

You are now getting into the swing of things, so no looking back!

apierich responded:
Congrats Hun! I am waiting patiently for my transition to overweight as I know how great it feels. Hope your birthday tomorrow is a great one!
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 194

mefirstforever responded:
Wow Norma,
What a journey, you one more milestone crossed.

Happy Birthday to you, HB, HB, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU!!!!!!!
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

norma_j responded:
Thanks everyone for the Birthday Wishes!

I did my monthly measurements this morning and am now 1" smaller than this time in April and then to look at the whole picture of my journey thus far - I am down 4" total of overall body fat from head to toe.. Doing the happy dance for me!

abnersmom replied to norma_j's response:
Keep dancing, Norma! You deserve it. Happy birthday - you've already given yourself a great gift!
Debbie SW 265 CW 176 GW 150 - Today, I choose the higher road -
the path of charity, acceptance, love, selflessness, kindness.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

justmejust replied to norma_j's response:
That's great Norma! I think I have to be at 178 to get out of the obese category.
Laura 146 - 196 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone today I came across this website and decided to be A NEW ME! I will need your help so if you have any for a newbe like can you share? T...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.