Skip to content
Awesome Commercial
apierich posted:
Ok, at least it is awesome to me, and seems to come on every time I am considering getting into my husband's Oreo stash this week. It's that new Gatorade commercial for their fruit chews or whatever, something I will probably never need or want, but everything that comes before the product actually reminds me what I need to remember to stay on this journey and stay healthy. The voiceover talks about how you can defeat yourself before you step foot on the field by eating and drinking the wrong things. It uses the word opponent but really that is what my cravings and bad eating habits are at this point, the opponent I want to overcome. I want to overcome my bad habits and unhealthy lifestyle choices but I have to make the right choices before I actually have to think about it. I have to (and we all have to) make it habit to say no to those good tasting but bad for us foods and drinks or we are defeated by those bad habits and are therefore defeating ourselves. I don't know why I took that comercial so personally the first time I saw it (sign of a good advertising agency and hook) but I really have and am so glad that commercial comes on at what seems like the perfect time over and over again. I will likely never buy their carb chews (for carbing up before a game without extra added sugar) but their commercial is very helpful in keeping me in check.
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 194

totallywiggedout responded:
Hey, I think you maybe ought to write in to gatorade about that. Gatorade has always meant to promote healthy ,sporting lifestyles, it may be interesting to hear what they say if you write in about your journey and how their commercial boosts your positive attitude toward staying within the guidlines of your diet.
Kim SW 243 CW 205.4 GW 135

All the Dreamers are Dieting

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.--Erma Bombeck

jean4u responded:
Yes, the "filter" in my head that reminds me I don't need those carbs. BTW somedays it works better than others. LOL

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 56 years old and I weigh 270 lbs. I have been over weight my entire life. I have lost 60 lbs since I had the gastric sleeve but I'm stuck ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.