Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What percentage of you is now gone?
apierich posted:
There is a lot out there about how losing a certain percentage of your weight can decrease your odds of health issues. I think most of the adds talk about losing 5 or 10% if you're not going just for being skinny. When I started this journey I weighed 249lbs, I have been down now to 194 for a little bit. That means I have lost 55lbs. If I take 55 and divide it by 249 I have lost 22% of myself. 22%! My goal weight would mean I would have to lose 44% of myself, so I am halfway there!

What percentage of yourself have you lost so far? How much closer does that put you to your goal?
apierich- SW 249 GW 145 CW 194

jis4judy responded:
Hi I think my % is near 40% not really sure because i didn;t really have a start weight I was on plan over a month before I weighed in .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
I think it's 33% if I calculated correctly. When I make it to goal that should be 43%! Go Team!
Debbie SW 265 CW 176 GW 150 - Today, I choose the higher road -
the path of charity, acceptance, love, selflessness, kindness.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Norma_J responded:
Good way of thinking ... I have lost 13.5% if I have calculated right.. but I didn't really lose it .. I got rid of it .. I have no intentions of ever going to look for it again... lol. By the time I finish I should have gotten rid of 33% of my body.
Norma SW 222/ CW 192/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

blondie454u responded:
47% for me.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

rohvannyn responded:
Only 15% of myself right now. It's still better than I've ever done before!
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 186.8 GW 140ish and buff

Courage is the price that Life exacts itself for granting peace. The soul that knows it not knows no release from little things...

rthibado replied to Norma_J's response:
I love your response - got rid of it instead of lost it! I'm only at 9.25 % riddance but keepin on slow but steady!!
RT

mefirstforever responded:
Yay Aprierich 50% down.

I lost 12%, It's a third not bad looking like that.

My goal is 36%. Two thirds still to get rid off !!!!
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well lets see, i am 38 years old and at my heaaviest i was 284. I have struggles with weight since i was 6. well i didnt try to lose weight then but i...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.