Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
20 lbs down! Extremely Happy !!!
Zevah posted:
Hi everyone !
For the past 2 weeks I gave in to temptation and had some deserts, ice-cream, beer and wine. So I didn't weight in last week, I was sure I had gained weight.
On top of that this week I didn't exercise at all, and still had some of the same stuff.
Even though I had some sweets and alcohol, and no exercise, I tried to watch portion control and eat other good things to balance out.
So, yesterday I didn't take lunch and had my mind set on getting a nice salad with grilled chicken and my manager decided to take all of us at the office for lunch at Firehouse.
I almost said no, but it's a rare occasion when we have an opportunity to have lunch together, so I went. I ate 1/2 off a medium sandwich and had my usual yogurt with blueberry.
So this morning I decided to face the scale and realized that I lost 2.5lbs this past 2 weeks for a total of 20lbs down!
I had a feeling my clothing was getting loose, but I was surprised with the amount of loss.
That makes me to believe that I'm on the right path, I was worried that I had fall off the wagon to the point of no return, so as you all can imagine, I'm glad I didn't.
I learned that is really not what you eat occasionally that makes you gain weight, it really is your eating habits over all that counts.
I'm not on any special diet and I don't take any medication for weight loss, and I REALLY don't want to say no to family and friends on a count of my weight loss.
I believe in moderation and keep it real.
Have a great week everyone

totallywiggedout responded:
Congrats on the weightloss. Keeping it real is a very important part of keeping on track. You learn after so many fad diets that , if you can't live with it for the long run, it's not gonna cut it . Being too restrictive , being force fed "diet stuff" , cutting too far back on calories, cookie diets, liquid diets, etc.... it never works.
Even though you indulged , you still watched portion conrol on most of your other things.
The only thing I want to caution you on, though, is that for every bad calorie you consumed, with the sweets, munchies and alcohol, you missed out on the chance to consume an equal number of nutritional good for you calories. By cutting back on reg meal foods in order to indulge in the "goodies" you basically robbed your body of its actual needs. So just be aware of what those calories are doing or NOT doing for your bodys health.
Kim SW 243 CW 202.6 GW 135

All the Dreamers are Dieting

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.--Erma Bombeck

Tomato05 responded:
You're on a roll! And I agree, no need to be obsessive or punish oneself. A long-term view is best.

abnersmom responded:
Congrats Zevah! You're absolutely right about making this a way of life which includes special times with friends. We don't want life to pass us by just because we have to control eating. Keep on keeping it real! WTG!
Debbie SW 265 CW 168 GW 150 - Today, I choose the higher road -
the path of charity, acceptance, love, selflessness, kindness.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

jis4judy responded:
Hi Zevah
Great job on the 20 pounds thats wonderful and you did it without being too obsesive ... Just be sure those indulgences don;t become habits just sometimes things ... that will enable you to get more nutrients in on a regualr basis ..
everything is ok just in moderation as you said no excesses..

just stick to your plan it is working...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

norma_j responded:
Congrats on the weight loss Zevah! You are right that it is really not what you eat occasionally that makes you gain weight, it really is your eating habits over all that count.
I'm not on any special diet either and I don't take any medication for weight loss. You are also right in believing in moderation and keeping it real.

We are all individuals and what works for you may not work for me and what works for me may not work for the next person .. but it works and that is what counts.

GREAT JOB!
Norma SW 222/ CW 193/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

mefirstforever responded:
Congrats Zevah,
You probably found what works for you, It is so great to see that just by eating in the right proportion and indulging once in a will work in loosing weight without any mimics.

Have a great week!!!
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

blondie454u responded:
Portion control is the key to this! Great job!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.