Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Back from MIA
norma_j posted:
I know it's been awhile since I have been around .. have had alot going on .. Stress, Stress and more Stress and did I mention I have been STRESSED! My angels turned out to be just the opposite. Once I told them enough was enough and I was out I started sleeping better. I am better now and I am gainfully Unemployed

Oh well Life goes on and so shall I. I have gotten the store ready to be sold off a piece at a time and have to go in for a few hours on Tuesday to finish up some loose ends. I have started submitting resume's everywhere and searching high and low for a new job. I won't stay unemployed long .. it's not in me to sit home and do nothing. My month of May has been a hectic one .. I put on 4 pounds and took 3 back off so I guess I didn't make my challange but there will be more and I will be ready for them.

Thank you Judy for checking in on me on Facebook.. I'm glad you did or I may have been a lost soul forever.

Hope everyone is having a Great Weekend.
Norma SW 222/ CW 193/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

totallywiggedout responded:
Ok, I've gotten thru your posts. And I'm gonna bulk my response to you for everything. K?
One, thanks for the compliment on my haircut. It's an easy style and for me, it works.
Two, on your devilish "angels" , screw em. lol. Sorry , but you shouldn't have to work your butt off for a couple of ppl that aren't worth it, and it's too bad that you did, for so long. You poured your whole heart into that project. For you, I wish you could purchase the store on your own and run it your way.
You are a talented lady, something will break and you'll be off and running again. With an even better job.
Three, hey 4lbs gained and 3 lost is still only a pound gained. You are a winner in that respect so no harm no foul.
Four, I'm really glad you were able to get back with us. I know you were busy and will be busy looking for a job, but rest assured, you were missed.
Kim SW 243 CW 202.6 GW 135

All the Dreamers are Dieting

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.--Erma Bombeck

jis4judy responded:
Oh Norma I am so sorry that your angels turned out to be devils that happens oportunists saw something they could make money from destroying it instead of running it . thats what it sounds like... thats exactly how romney the republican candidate earned his millions only on larger companys..

we are a pretty good group so don;t stay away because things aren;t exactly right .
good job getting control I have gained and lost several times during maintainance up 4 pounds down 3 then down another and so on
this is good practice for maintaining.
Good luck with finding a new place to work ..
Funny thing Norma I quit my job a long time ago I wanted to spend more time with my grandchildren and about 6 months after I quit my son moved out of state and it was funny how that came about ...
tomorrow I will be flying off to Michigan to see my grandaughter graduate from High school and her prom night too
If my sons old computer is still working I might be able to post sometime during the 2 weeks I will be there
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Welcome back, Norma. You have been missed. Sorry that things did not work out, but I know you will land on your feet. Good job with only a 1lb. gain through all the stress. That is awesome, really!
Debbie SW 265 CW 168 GW 150 - Today, I choose the higher road -
the path of charity, acceptance, love, selflessness, kindness.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome back Norma,
If only we lived in a perfect world. Sorry about the stress.
Good luck in job hunting.
Keep on posting even if our having a little set back. I think that we need even more to post when we are having a hard time. Just to vent and not turn to food.
Have a great week.
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

Zevah responded:
Glad you're back
I'm sorry you're unemployed, but I'm sure it will not be for long.
Trust me, I know about stress and have lost 3 of the 4lbs you gained was a great accomplishment.
It's very hard to be focus during a stressful time, so be proud of your self.
I've been following you since you start with the board and I
really enjoy to ready your posts.
I wish you best of luck !
Have a great week

blondie454u responded:
Sorry to hear about you're job. I think you're very talented and I don't think you won't have too much trouble finding a job. Good luck!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

norma_j responded:
Thanks everyone for the inspiration to keep going.. sometimes all we need is a kick in the pants from friends.
Norma SW 222/ CW 193/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

jean4u responded:
Hi NORMA,

Back home from a bit of travel. The internet was off for 2 days.

You will find work, do not give up or give into food. I was down 3 then went up the 4 I was supposed to go down! We can not give up or let a slip become a habit. I got my grip back and am down 1/2 and that IS the way I plan to keep it going, too!!!!

Dealing with stress is tough. Always something!

Nice to see you here.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

just starting out at the gym and throwing in some zumba.excited about that hoping not to fail.need to keep focus with all the negativity in the world ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.