Skip to content
Recipes
abnersmom posted:
Hi all! I thought we might start a thread where we just add new reicpes. That way we can always find them again instead of searching through old threads for that pumpkin smoothie or (horrors) brussel sprouts.

How about just reserving this thread for recipes?
Debbie SW 265 CW 166 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

jis4judy responded:
Hi Debbie
thats a great idea maybe we should call this a resource
then it would be easier to find ..
here is a nice refreshing dessert that is also healthy

1/3 C fat free plain greek yogurt
add 1/2 Tablespoon honey
a couple of drops vanilla
mix well then add in 1/2 Cup sliced stawberries 1/3 C Blueberries
2 Tablspoons granola type cereal mix and enjoyI use great grains crunchy pecan

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Debbie,

KALE CHIPS

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Place foil on baking sheet. Spray with olive oil spray.

Place kale on baking sheet and spray with olive oil spray.

I have used the pre-packaged kale or the kale I have to wash and cut up. Cut out the thick stem and cut into 2 inch pieces/

Check the oven in 15 mins.

I have turned the oven up to 400 degrees. So experiment a bit on the temp and time. Just keep checking because once they start browning.....that's it, they're done.

I eat them just plain. Very crispy and yummy!

Barb

blondie454u responded:
1 pattypan squashed, diced
2 potatoes, diced
Drizzle olive oil
About a half palm full of Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to your liking

Bake covered for about 400 for about an hour. Uncover and Sprinkle any Italian cheese you like bake until cheese is melted and a little brown.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout responded:
I'll put in my few:
Pumpkin Smoothie
1 C Skim, Almond or Soy milk(If using skim milk, add 1 tsp vanilla for more flavor)
1/2 C canned solid packed pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling
1-2 pkts of Stevia or other no cal sweetener
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 Ice cubes
Put everything into a blender or food processer and blend till well mixed and ice is crushed, then pour and enjoy

This tastes like a pumpkin pie in a glass!
Kim SW 243 CW 195.2 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

Skinny Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 Boneless Skinless chicken breast, raw, cut into 1in chunks
1/2 med green pepper, diced in lg pieces
3/4 cup Pineapple chunks, packed in own juice, drained, reserve ALL juice
1 thick slice of sweet onion , like vidalia, Diced large
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
dash of ground red pepper
1 packet no cal sweetener
1/2 tsp cornstarch
Pam cooking spray
Prepare skillet with PAM, cook chicken over med high till just pink, add green pepper and onion, stir fry for 4-5 min till just about tender, add pineapple chunks . Reduce to med.
Stir together reserved juice and a little water to make 1/2 cup. Add red pepper, sweetener, vinegar and cornstarch , mix well to make sure no lumps,
Pour over chicken mixture, let sit a min before starting to stir. This will thicken nicely within 4 or so min. then , either eat as is or serve with 1/2 cup rice

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

Bruschetta with Italian Tomato "salsa"
2-3 ripe tomatoes, diced small
3-4 cloves, NOT heads! fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
1/4 c finely diced onion
2 Tblsp Italian seasoning
2 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
Mix this all together, cover and let sit in fridge for at least 2 hours. Remove from fridge , stir and bring to room temp before serving
This recipe I put first, because some don't want the bread, but this is a really good lower fat, low sodium, low sugar alternative to Spaghetti sauce for pastas OR it is also really good as a topping for chicken breast sauteed in olive oil or over oven baked fish filets
For the bruschetta
Diagonally slice either bruschetta loaves or Italian bread into med thin slices, spray both sides with butter flavored cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder, Bake at 375 watching closely, turn over to tan both sides.
Top with the tomato mixture and serve

LOL you asked for it, I have so many......

Summer Italian Chicken Stir Fry
1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 in cubes
1 yellow summer squash, sliced but not too thin
1 med zucchini, sliced same way
1 med onion, sliced same way and rings cut in half and seperated
1 carrot, diagonally sliced into oblong "coins"
1 Tblsp olive oil
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp lemon juice
Saute chicken in olive oil till just pink, then add veggies and the seasoning. Saute till veggies are tender and chicken is starting to brown. Mix in lemon juice and serve

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Crispy Cheesy Tilapia (serves 1)
1 tilapia filet, thawed if frozen
1/2 of one triangle of Laughing Cow Blue cheese or swiss creamy cheese OR 1 heaping tsp, NON FAT cream cheese
1 saltine cracker, crushed fine
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
Preheat oven to 425 deg. coat top of fish with cheese, sprinkle on the crushe cracker to coat then the seasonings. Bake on cooking sprayed foil lined cookie sheet for approx 12 min or till fish flakes easily and is opaque(white) throughout.

In order to use the one full cookie sheet and have my side dish with the fish, I bake my Oven fried zucchini slices along with it

Oven Fried Zucchini Slices
1 med zucchini slice into 1/4 in slices
1/8 cup dry bread crumbs
2-3 Tblsp yellow corn meal
1 egg white beaten
1 tsp light ranch dressing
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
Mix the cornmeal with the bread crumbs, and all seasonings in small bowl
In seperate small bowl, beat the egg white and ranch dressing
dip the zucchini slices into the eggwhite mix then coat with the crumb mix
Lay out onto foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray
when you get all slices done, spray tops with cooking spray
Bake in preheated 425 oven 7-8 min, turn and bake an additional 7 min,

abnersmom responded:
Carribbean Casserole

1 med. onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 tblsp. canola
1 Can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes
1 tsp oregano
1//2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 C instant brown rice (uncooked)
1 Can (16 0z) black beans, undrained

Heat oil in large pan; saute onion and pepper until just tender; Add tomatoes, beans and spices; bring to a boil; stir in rice; cover and reduce heat to low; cook 5 mins. Let stand 5 mins. before serving. 100 cals per 1 C. serving
Debbie SW 265 CW 166 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

I'm Screamin for some Lemon Frozen Yogurt

strange name, but hey, it works

1 1/2 Cup Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt,
1/2 Cup original 60 cal Almond Silk, or Vanilla Soy Milk or 1/2 and 1/2 cream
3 large eggs, beaten well
1/4 Cup Stevia
1 Tblsp white sugar (completely up to you, I just couldn't get the right flavor on the lemon without it)
1/2 Cup Lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
1-2 Tblsp finely grated lemon zest(peel), yellow part only, no white pith

In heavy saucepan, combine stevia, sugar and lemon, mix till sweeteners are completely dissolved. Add lemon zest, 1 cup of the yogurt, the milk and the well beaten eggs. Whisk to mix well.
Heat over med heat just to simmer stage whisking constantly to thicken custard. DONT LET IT BOIL.
Let pan cool for a few min while whisking, then cover with plastic wrap and set into freezer for 15 min to cool a bit. Bring it out, whisk in final 1/2 cup yogurt.
Recover with wrap and freeze 1 hr, whisk again from frozen sides, then cover and do freeze again, over and over till bout frozen then transfer to covered tupperware or whatever.

Now , here's the deal, this is a good starting recipe. Can be made with sugar free chocolate syrup and mini choc chips mixed in instead of lemon flavor, or made with regular flavored yogurts melted with the eggs to make the custard base, or mix in any thawed drained frozen fruits or even partially cooked fresh fruits. This is a very versatile recipe, just let go and have some fun with it.

Jeez I shoulda just said European for both the gazpacho and the cherry soup, lol. SPANISH gazpacho and Hungarian Cherry soup both served cold.

Hungarian Cherry Soup (makes 6 side dish servings)

1 Cup water
1/4 Cup sugar or sugar free sweetener of choice
4 inches of stick cinnamon
2 Tblsp cold water
1 tsp cornstarch
2 Cups fresh or frozen(and thawed) pitted dark sweet cherries
1 Cup fat free sour cream or plain yogurt
1/2 Cup dry red wine or orange juice

In Med sized saucepan, bring 1 cup water sugar and cinnamon to boil. Lower heat and simmer uncovered for 5 min. , discard cinnamon.
In a small bowl, whisk together the 2 Tblsp cold water and cornstarch, then whisk it into the simmering sugar mixture. Cook while whisking about 2 min or until mixture is thickened. Stir in cherries, pour into bowl and cool on counter until room temp.
Cover and refridgerate for 4-24 hours. To serve, stir in sour cream or yogurt and the wine(or oj) till creamy looking. Ladel into bowls.
nutrition values; 1 serv. 137 cal, 5 g fat, 3 g sat fat, proteins 2 g , Carbs 19 g , fiber 1 g, sodium 17 mg, cholesterol 15 mg

Gazpacho

No recipe really, just follow these guidelines and go with your personal tastes here.

3 parts fully ripe tomatoes cut into large chunks
to
1 part of anything from chunked yellow,red or green sweet bell peppers, chunked peeled cucumbers, chunked onions, fresh cloves of garlic, and /or seedless watermelon chunks.
add in a big splash of red wine vinegar and an even bigger splash of extra virgin Olive Oil.
Add in any type of seasoning or herbs you like, if you want italian, go with oregano, basil mix... if you want a Mexican soup go with chili powder , some red pepper flakes/or ground red pepper etc
Process in processer or blender till smooth or slightly chunky, depending on your taste preferences
Adjust seasonings after blending to suit your tastes , at this point , add some salt and pepper too to bring out the flavors and more oil or vinegar if needed. Then just mix in my hand to not over blend your chunky soup.
Place in bowl, cover and refridgerate at least 4 hours to meld flavors.
Depending on which flavor combo you went with, to serve, ladel into seperate bowls and use one or more of these following "dollops" or toppings
Sour cream
chive or plain yogurt
Pesto
Guacamole
flaked crabmeat or cold precooked baby salad shrimp

Wanted to add this can also be done without the tomatoe.... Make a chunky soup with green grapes, chunks of SEEDED peeled cucumbers and some mint leaves , with some white grape juice and a little lime.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 22. I hit 200 pounds and I saw my self in pictures and was disgusted. Im on a 1200 calorie diet, (2 lbs a week) and I need to weigh less than ...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.