Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wow! Missed you guys!
abnersmom posted:
Hi all, I'm back and glad to be here again with you all. I have a lot of reading to catch up on. We had a fabulous time and were all sad to leave the beach.

Came back to no air and the 8th day of record breaking heat (104 yesterday and that was cooler than most days). Had air guy out this morning and he found that the roofers put a nail through the hose that carries the gas. Finally, got in touch with the roofer guys and he is sending someone within the hour to fix it. I sure hope so - it is hotter than Hades in here. Should sweat off some of the 4 lbs. that I put on in one week. I think a lot of it is water retention since I ate so many salty things. Got lots of exercise with walking on the beach and swimming everyday. Back to eating well today. I enjoyed all the different food, but it's almost a relief to be back to my new routine.

Hi to everyone and now, on to read all your posts.
Debbie SW 265 CW 165 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

jis4judy responded:
Hi Debbie glad to see you posting again and I hope it was fun at the beach .
It is kinds nice to come back and start back on our healthy eating routines again.
I had some water retention after one meal out for my Hubbys Birthday put on 2 pounds of water weight that left after 3 days back on plan...
had to be tough comeing home to a problem with air and the hot hot temps we are a bit cooler here in Ma yesterday was more humid.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Tomato05 responded:
It's good that you had a nice break (it does wonders for one's mental state) and that you are now back on track. I hope you got your air conditioner problem fixed!

The clothing rail in my wardrobe collapsed on the weekend, so I have piles of clothes all over the place. Hoping to get that fixed asap...

abnersmom replied to Tomato05's response:
Thanks Tomato. Air fixed and roofers paid for it - whew! Of course, it's cooler here today Sorry about your clothes - what a pain.
Debbie SW 265 CW 165 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy. Back to 166 this morning - 1lb. gone. Hopefully, can get back to 163 soon.

jis4judy responded:
Debbie I like your new photo and give it a few days back on track to get back to where you were..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

3point14 replied to abnersmom's response:
I'm sure you'll be seeing 163 (and smaller!) soon!
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

totallywiggedout responded:
New Picture looks totally fab! I hope you used your looks to their best advantage in picking up some hot beach bum , hubba hubba
Kim SW 243 CW 193.6 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome Back Debbie,

Nothing like a week at the beach to give a great complexion. Your new picture is great. If you feel as good as your picture look you must feel fabulous
Helene GW 140 CW 196.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome back!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks everyone! You guys are so awesome. Didn't meet any guys, Kim, hunks or otherwise! LOL! Maybe next trip....

jean4u responded:
Debbie,

Good to see you back! Nice photo, too!

Glad you got your AC fixed.

How cool is that to go off on vacation and get somewhat off track and get back home and actually want to get back to your healthy journey. I would say you are, as the saying goes, "in it to WIN it"! WTG

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy,

Nice that you and your DH got out for a really nice meal. Love lobster! Shedding the 2 lbs in only 3 days is very good, too. You inspire me to do like you do and that is to get back after a planned splurge and not just drift back to old habits....that just isn't an option anymore.

Barb

P.S. I really like the yummy birthday dessert. (angle food cake, fruit and lf whipped cream)

jean4u replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato,

Too bad about that clothing rail. My husband would say, "see you have waay too many clothes", and I do. lol

I do hope you can get that fixed ASAP, too! I recall when my DH was adding a shelf under the clothes and we had to put everything on the bed....I couldn't wait for that to be over. But at least the move is behind you.

Barb

P.S. How you doing on your "plan"? I keep bouncing a bit up and work to get that down, so far so good.

Tomato05 replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Barb
Clothing rail just got fixed, and I do indeed have too many clothes! Trying to get rid of some. Of course some don't fit, but I'm hanging onto them.
Not doing good with the weight. I haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks either, which is not good, but I know stepping onto the scale is going to be very depressing... I had a big weight gain in May up to about middle June, and haven't lost that yet. Still exercising regularly - the one stable factor at least!
Goood to hear that you are doing OK on the weight front, sounds like you're not gaining at least.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well isn't that just great!? I joined the wrong Dieting Club community. I should have joined the 100+ lb community, but instead joined the 50 - 10...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.