Skip to content
"Implanted"
Tomato05 posted:
My dental implants procedure went well (I got 2 of them) and not too traumatic. The tooth extractions 3 months ago were worse - more blood and gore. Still, it is painful once you get the feeling back, and for a few days, but not unbearable. I'm glad it's all over! The stitches will be removed 6 Aug.

I would definitely recommend implants, if any of you ever need them.

The dentists advised only low impact exercise for a few days, so I'm off to gym for a walk on the treadmill and maybe a light weight training session. Followed by a refreshing pot of green tea in a cafe, hmm.

Weekend is near - I'm going to buy lovely fresh herbs and veg at the market on Sunday.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

thistledown1973 responded:
I am glad to hear it went well; don't push too hard and know that gentle progression until you heal is better than overdoing and causing damage.

April

jis4judy responded:
So glad it went well tomato and your plans sound just right
implantas are quite expensive here in the states not sure if I could afford them ..Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Congrats on the implants, how do they look? Do you now have to be on soft diet till the stitches come out or just for a couple of days?
k
Kim SW 243 CW 190.6 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

blondie454u responded:
Glad your doing well!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Tomato, Glad you're doing better. Chewing again yay!!! Have a great weekend. Love the market.

Judy, It's also very expensive here but you can try the University hospital, which teaches new doctor. A lot less expensive and they are supervised by professors that most of the time is the inventors of the new techniques.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

abnersmom responded:
Glad that you are doing well Tomato. Just started my weekend - papers to grade though...ugh! Hope you and everyone make it a great one!
Debbie SW 265 CW 163.6 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

jean4u responded:
Tomato,

Glad to hear the worse is well behind you! Interesting when we start "improvement" projects, whether our living environment or ourselves, we just have to be patient and give it the time needed. You are over the hump. so to speak, on your dental project!

Enjoy that pot of green tea in celebration.

Barb

jean4u replied to mefirstforever's response:
Helene,

The implants, in the U.S., cost about $3,000 each. I heard that some people had dental insurances that would cover them.

How's your mom. Hope you're getting a break.

I thought about you the other day....I remember that you love bread just like I do. Well I dreamt about bread! It was really good rye bread. I would dream about smoking when I quit smoking, too.

Barb

norma_j responded:
Glad to hear that everything went well Tomato... hopefully I will find a permenant job soon .. hubby has great dental insurance but I know there will be a large deductible for this kind of procedure. Will keep you posted as to when I get my chance.

Thanks for the updates Tomato!
Norma SW 222/ CW 197/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie,

Is it possible to drink a large iced tea and do your paper-grading poolside? I hope you get through it fast and can kick back part of the weekend.

Barb

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Barb, LOL! I did kick back poolside, but I didn't get all the papers graded. Still working on them today. Gonna finish soon though. Only have one more assignment for them to do and then no grading until Sept. Hallelujah!
Debbie SW 265 CW 163.6 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, at least you can see the light at the end of that tunnel! No more grading til Sept.!!!

I used to be a sub at the schools and got a chuckle when I noticed a number of the board in the teacher's lounge.....it was the number of days until school was out!LOL I thought only the kids were counting.

Barb

SmilingCats replied to abnersmom's response:
Tomato, your heading piqued my curiosity. I typically think of breast implants when I heard the word implanted. And I thought: "Holy cow! This group has really CHANGED while I've been gone!" Glad you are healing!
Debbie! YOU LOOK FABULOUS! FABULOUS! What an inspiration you are, Mama! I am extremely proud of what you have accomplished. Hugs! "764¸."022*""*"022.¸"764 "63C "764¸."022*""*"022.¸"764
Barbara - SW 251, CW 197, GW 140
Goal: To learn to celebrate life without eating unhealthy food.

totallywiggedout replied to SmilingCats's response:
Actually, lol, I honestly hope even if one of us did decide on breast implants, that that would be discussed too. This is a really tight knit group and I'd feel left out if someone went and did that without us knowing and cheering them on
In fact, I'd expect an updated photo with a plate of food balanced on the "new babies" as soon as they healed, lol.
I'd do it for you guys if I ever got em! ;P
xoxo
K
Kim SW 243 CW 190.6 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.