Skip to content
Wanted to say HI
totallywiggedout posted:
I really wish that I could get coordinated enough to catch Laura or Helene or Norma J WHEN THEY ARE ON, but darnit , I'm always missing them.... literally MISSING THEM.... ;hint hint. God you guys! cant you come see us more often??????!! Now that I've laid the shame squarely at your feet..... I'm glad to see you at least checking in, wish MARYBETH would pop in, she waits till im completey bonkers with worry about her before she makes a comeback. i swear she has gone NATIVE in those moringa trees, how're your allergies to that holding up????.... lol, I know she's out there, lurking..... sigh. Well anyhow, I'm glad you guys are still checking the old site out and keeping pace with what's what.
Love to you all
Kim
Kim SW 243 CW 190.6 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

abnersmom responded:
Like you, Kim, I miss these ladies when they are not around much, but so glad that they do check in when they can - momaxelli as well. I miss Barbara and Kare too; they added many thought provoking posts to our blog.

BTW, congrats on the 190!!! Soon to be in the 80's - WTG!
Debbie SW 265 CW 163.6 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kim we have had a lot of people join us and dissapear thats the nature of this kind of forum .. we used to have a girl named Rah Rah and she was awsome haven;t heard from her in years .
there was a lot of posters and now we have a great new bunch
gotta adust and go with our newbies .. I believe Amber and I are the remaining 2 that are still here
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Debbie. momaxelli must be busy as heck with her running classes. Can you imagine actually going from 100 lbs too heavy to training running classes? I mean , my God, what an outstanding achievement.
I'm at another standstill though atm. It's like being born again just about every level 5 lbs, 10 lbs, those increments find me meeting up with resistance like pushing against the walls of a placenta.... then I break through and free fall for a couple of pounds, lol. Then it's back to trying to kick my way through. It's alright. I'm ok with it, I accept these tough spots now way better than I used to, because my bf and I keep seeing differences in the shape of my body.
On this note, I'd like to say that in high waisted undies and a sports bra, I can now stand in front of a mirror and think approvingly of my body. Which is to say, that that retro bikini I was thinking about for next year is becoming more and more of a probability instead of a possibility.
Huggs
Kim

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Rah Rah, what a cute name. Did she achieve her goal before she left?
Well, it's to be expected really. The leaving. Baby birds only test their wings just so long before they are ready to fly on their own. Isn't that the way it should be in the end?
Huggs
K

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim She left kinda suddenly because we had someone tageting her with negative posts// I think they called them trolls/
she was doing great however and was the best cheerleader we ever had on this forum..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
That's great Kim. A non-scale victory!!! And that's just as important as you are kind enough to often remind us.
Debbie SW 265 CW 163.6 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
KIM,

Congrats on your taking note on how your body has changed, WTG!!!

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Barb and Debbie. Sometimes , non scale victories are even better. Because they stay the same , or get even better,for longer periods of time without the frustrating fluctuations that happen at the scales.
xoxo
k

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I can't imagine my life without this board now and I know if I leave then I have failed myself and my fellow boardies. I can't do that. It's not me. I may have achieved my goal but it's still a battle and it's still not easy sometimes. I have my ups and downs just like everyone else and I need this in my life to remind me of my accomplishments. Since I have achieved so much I feel like I should share it with the world. There is no point in paying for weight loss when you can do it for free for the most part. You don't need special foods, surgeries, or pills to do this. Just great support, resources, and motivation. I can get that all right here.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
thats awome on it;s own Kim your non scale victory is a great one seeing your body improveing along the way is one of the great motivators... I hope you have a great bikini summer next year make sure to load up on sunscreen too

norma_j responded:
Wow Kim .. you are doing great .. headed for th at 18? mark ...you have zoomed right on by me
WTG on the NSV you must be so excited. Next summer will be an awesome summer for you.
Norma SW 222/ CW 197/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
Isn't that the truth Amber? It's all right here, everything we need. Sure, we have to find what "fits" within the suggestions, but it is just so much easier to HAVE all of the suggestions of people that are struggleing or have MADE it to be able to pick and choose from. It keeps it real.
Kim

totallywiggedout replied to norma_j's response:
If I close my eyes and click my heels 3 times..... Oh i wish I wish.... lol...... It's coming , in it's own sweet time . Yes, I'm waiting for the day I tumble into the 80's . I hope it's a good ways in so I can breathe a little, lol.
Thanks Norma, next summer is gonna be something else I think, for all of us.
xoxo
K

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
KIM,

Totally agree about the "NSV's" (Non Scale Victories) being important.

The weight didn't come on overnight and it won't go off that way either. So looking at the scale for quick accolades isn't going to work.

But learning to notice those NSV's will keep the momentum in the right direction.

I like to appreciate my NSV's on a daily basis. Like not caving in at night and over-snacking. Any struggle I over come can be that daily NSV in my book.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 yrs. old 5'5 134 lbs. I HAVE A 16 YRS. OLD DAUGHTER AND A FABULOUS HUSBAND. I have had a tummy tuck, paid for a personal trainer at the gy...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.