Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
exercise motivation
abnersmom posted:
I found the answer to my exercise motivation problem. I just need to have something that I don't want to do more than I don't want to exercise! I have a lot of papers to grade this weekend and I had the best and longest walk yesterday just to avoid starting on them. LOL!
Debbie SW 265 CW 163.6 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
LOL thats funny Debbie I avoid housework and that keeps me exerciseing although I eventually have to do it same with your papers eventually needs to be done but your head will be clearer when you exercise first
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Ha ha!

Yeah, I didn't have any problem getting my butt off the couch for a bag of chips but not for exercise. Now, it (exercise) is really getting to be more planned and done.

Really though, getting priorities straight, it is about healthy eating first, hydration, then making time for exercise. Especially to lose weight, exercise won't be the total answer.

So exercise for me was never "scheduled" until most recently. I find that if I don't get my walk in early, then it doesn't get done.

BTW, good that you did get your walk in before you started the "papers". Maybe if you didn't walk you would just get too fatigued mentally to even think of doing it.

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, Housework, housework....ugh!

I love a clean and clutter free house, but just lose momentum along the way. I always find a distraction!

That reminds me I need to finish up a bathroom I started to declutter but the elliptical is calling my name.LOL

Barb

Happy Sunday!

blondie454u responded:
I have gotten to were if I don't exercise that I can't manage my stress or my mentality. My bf says he can tell when I don't get my vigorous exercise in. I walk everyday but I need an intense workout a few times week to relieve stress so he rides bikes with me now because I can't run now. My back was hurting too much to continue running so we bike ride now.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

3point14 responded:
hahaha! That made me LOL.
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

abnersmom replied to blondie454u's response:
Sorry that you can't run anymore either, Amber. I was really enjoying it until my back started hurting. I don't have a bike, maybe I need to start saving towards getting myself one.
Debbie SW 265 CW 163.6 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Me too I don;t think my body can take the pounding of running so walking it is for me . Bike rideing sounds like fun
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
I found a bike on a website for ppl that live in Tennessee. It's www.golsn.com. I got a really nice mountain bike for $30. All I have done with it is buy a seat cushion and new pedals because it was at mom's for the longest because I didn't have a place to store it. She had it sitting outside and the pedals dry rotted but still I don't have a lot vested in it. It's an 18 speed and I love it.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Happy biking, AMBER!!!

Barb

abnersmom replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Amber. I'll check out that website.

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber, how did you find that local advertising website? There is one for Arkansas, but Eldorado is too far from where I live here in upper LA to do much good. I'd really like to find something close, but everything seems like its from around New Orleans and THAT is something like 8 hrs from here too.
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 190.6 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Maybe check the Freecycle network? Or maybe there is a 2good2toss in your area? I know that if I got an extra half hour off the phones at work if I spent it in exercise, I'd be a walkin' machine. As it is, I usually have to give up lunch or something equally important to get a good walk in, because of logistics. Sometimes I do it anyway.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 179.4 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

norma_j replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim you could also check on facebook for yard sale sites in your area. They usually are listed under the county you live in .. that's how it is here anyway. I am signed up to 5 of them. 2 are for wayne county (of which you need to make sure it is your state too..lol) and 3 for counties surrounding me that are within a 1/2 hour ride. You may be able to find something! That's where I got my stationary bike from for 25 bucks and I saw a 10 speed that is still available that I have been thinking about for $20. Also, local bike shops sometimes take in trades, clean them up and resell or I have even seen them sitting outside pawn shops around town and at second hand shops they sometimes get some.

I have my stationary bike sitting in the kitchen .. if I go out there for a snack I usually end up on the bike instead. There is a method to my madness I believe.
Norma SW 222/ CW 197/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

totallywiggedout replied to norma_j's response:
Lucky you , Norma, there is really NO method to MY madness! I just give it free reign and it runs my life
I just figure I'm one step ahead. If I ever get dementia, I'll not miss my mind since I've already been Outta my mind just about forever!
xoxo
K
Kim SW 243 CW 190.6 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

Spotlight: Member Stories

Starting at 310 lbs, 48 years old, diabetic w/heart issues, I have chosen to go the route of Bariatric Gastric By-pass surgery on April 24, 2013. My p...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.