Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Let's Have A Great Week!
norma_j posted:
Just touching base to let everyone know that I am still around..

Started a temporary job last Thursday, it's only for a week and a half but it's a paycheck. After I was offered the job to temp, I got a phone call from another company to interview on Tuesday for a permenant position. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out.

I purchased a used Nordic Track stationary bike. It's really nice keeps track of calories burned, heart rate, pulse, distance .. etc... paid $25 for it and it still looks brand new, probably about a year or so old. Will be using this on a daily basis along with some exercises and crunches. maintaining the 197 but it is bouncing now and hopefully will start going back down.. boy does eating wrong mess with the metabolism and slow things down. Gonna try not to do that again until I reach my goal weight.

Hoping everyone has a healthy and happy week!
Norma SW 222/ CW 197/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

jean4u responded:
Norma, congrats on the job(s). Hope you end up with the one you really want!

I already posted how good I think it was to get that bike in another discussion. I love my home equipment....so convenient.

We got to keep focused on our goals. Be it our day to day ones and the long term ones. Also, when we take a break, let's not forget to get back to our journeys.

Nice to see your blog. I know if I don't follow my seemingly small weight gains (why can't it be a loss!!!) that it will get out of control...again.

Keep up your good work. Let us know how you do with the job thingy, too. Good luck!

Barb _

totallywiggedout responded:
Norma J, I'm glad you are finding new jobs, even if some are temps, they will get you out with people which is always the best perk of working, other than the paycheck of course.
Don't look at your vacation eating as eating wrong. You ate what pleased you, and you had fun. There's nothing wrong with that, for the short term. It's just "payback time" and at least you acknowledge it and don't quit trying just because it's hard. What's life without some challenge , huh?
huggs
Kim
Kim SW 243 CW 190.6 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

Tomato05 responded:
Enjoy the job, even though it is only a short one. I am looking for a job at the moment again too.

Enjoy the bike too. It will be good if it can become a part of your daily routine. For my exercise I have to travel to the gym, which is sometimes quite inconvenient - packing all your clutter, driving there, showering there, etc.

Yes, let's have a good week! My weekend was mixed - not so good with the eating on Saturday, but good and on calorie target on Sunday.

blondie454u responded:
That's a great deal! I wish you good luck on the interview!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Congrats on the temp job and the interview! Good thoughts coming your way.

Have a great week!
Debbie SW 265 CW 163.6 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.