Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I Got The Job!
norma_j posted:
I got the job that I interviewed for on Tuesday! Starting on Monday I will be a Purchasing clerk.

I am so ready to get my life back on a schedule. You don't realize how easy it is to freefall when there is no structure in your life until it happens.

I finish up the temp job tomorrow, get the weekend to rest and get ready and then off to work on Monday at my new JOB! I will be working from 7-4 Mon-Fri so I will still have time to continue to try and build my own business up. This is all going to be new to me .. will have to start going to the gym in the afternoons now if I am to go because I couldn't get a workout in and still get to work for 7. I have a 1/2 hour trip every morning to work and home. At least I won't be in rush hours anymore. I was already traveling 20 minutes to work everyday in the same direction .. so that will not be new to me.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!
Norma SW 222/ CW 197/ GW 150

Failure is not an option when Success requires just a little more effort!

Tomato05 responded:
Congratulations and good luck.

You will adjust to the new routine quickly, I'm sure, including a late afternoon gym session. It could be nice to move your body after sitting all day long.

jis4judy responded:
Thats wonderful Norma
I am so glad you have the structure you needed not to mention the income but that will be good too. You are a real Go getter
I am sure your skills will get you humming along really good ..
in record time.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Congrats, Norma J! Great news for you on the new job. HUGS!
I think you may end up liking a P.M. workout. I always wait 20-30 min after my dinner, then do my exercises and pm walk. It helps you sleep better, as long as it's at least 1 hr or so before bedtime and it keeps your metabolism burning better if you can do something after the bigger meals of the day.
I'm sure glad things are looking up for you.
K
Kim SW 243 CW 190.6 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

blondie454u responded:
Congrats Norma. Wish the best of luck!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Congrats, Norma!!! So happy for you. I have the same work hours and it is challenging to make yourself go workout after a long day especially in the summer with this heat, but you will do it.

Thanks for sharing your great news!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 163.6 GW 150 - If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Angelou

3point14 responded:
Congrats!
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

mefirstforever responded:
Congrats Norma !!!
If you have an hour lunch you could go for a 15 minutes
walk.
Helene GW 140 CW 201.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

jean4u responded:
YAAAAY!!!! NORMA. WTG on the job!

Yes the structure that a job gives us can really be good. In retiremnet we have to create a structure and that can be difficult at times.

Thanks for sharing your happy news. I'm soo not surprised that an employer snatched you up, though.

Barb

justmejust responded:
Congratulations Norma!
Laura 146 - 202 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone today I came across this website and decided to be A NEW ME! I will need your help so if you have any for a newbe like can you share? T...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.