Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Frustrations and Patience
thistledown1973 posted:
I see that some of you are feeling "stuck" because you are maintaining weight while losing size, or fluctuating a few pounds.

I just GAINED 8 POUNDS IN 24 HOURS...due to swelling from a bicycling accident, and the only exercise I can manage is short walks until I heal.

I will get through the pain, the inability to exercise in all the ways I could just a few days ago, and the weight will drop off as I heal and pick up my pace again.

My focus right now is rest, fluids, and healthy foods. I will get out for a walk this afternoon if I am able to stay awake. My left shoulder is strained/sprained and in a sling, and I have road-rash and bruises on both legs from ankle to butt (range of area, but in patches about the size of my hand).

So, focus on doing healthy things for your body and have a little patience. If you have any patience to spare I could use some too.

Smiles,
April

SW = 280.6 CW (pre-accident) = 247.2

3point14 responded:
Whoa, hun!!!

Best of luck for a swift and painless recovery.
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

jis4judy responded:
Hi April ouch I hope you recover quickly I was feeling sorry for myself with a sore foot till I read your injury report all I can say is do your best to recover .
and you are right the body heals better if you stick to healthy foods.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
OMfreekingG! Sounds like you took quite a tumble off your bike. So sad for you. Road Rash hurts sooooooo bad too. I fell on my face one time and skinned a chunk off my cheek and forehead, thought I'd never heal , lol.
Just take everything really slow. Be careful of that shoulder injury, really. No laughing matter there, because if you work it too soon, you could do further, more permanent damage.
Your weight gain, is obviously water and meds. Drink alot of water to help flush everything through your system and be patient.
Hope you feel better as the days go by
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 190 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

abnersmom responded:
Ouch, April. Take care and hope you recover soon.
Debbie SW 265 CW 162 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u responded:
Take care!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
April, Don't be discouraged with the 8 gain. Like you say, just focus on mending and getting better.

Let us know how you are doing, ok?

Barb

thistledown1973 responded:
Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and sympathies; I am still just trying to work a full shift, never mind exercise at all. I am watching my food and fluids, and half the water weight has come off.

Still hurting pretty bad but I'm trying to stay positive.

April

Spotlight: Member Stories

Starting at 310 lbs, 48 years old, diabetic w/heart issues, I have chosen to go the route of Bariatric Gastric By-pass surgery on April 24, 2013. My p...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.