Skip to content
Frustrated!!!!!
emmettekelly59 posted:
I have been trying to lose weight for about four weeks. I have been tracking my fitness activities and my eating in the WEBMD journals they have. I have stayed at or below the caloric profile but only two times did I not stay below the tracker.. I move around but have some restrictions because I ran out of Oxygen and have to wait for the order to be read by the Doctor before the respiratory area can release my day-time oxygen to me. I have a lot of trouble breathing when I go out, so I am careful. I do things inside to make up for not being out. I need help or suggestions on how to improve things, so I can start to lose the weight and not get discouraged and give up. Giving up is not an option.Especially after my mother just died yesterday of this dreaded disease.
Never Give up, you are worth it!

totallywiggedout responded:
geez emmette, sorry to hear about your mom. Terrible loss. Please accept my sympathies.
It's harder to lose weight if you cannot increase your heart rate, but NOT IMPOSSIBLE.
You are restricted without proper oxygen intake , to things that don't up your heart rate so that you don't run out of breath. Ok. Do you now have or can you get some exerbands or exercise tubes, the stretchy ones?
Or , and bear with me on this because it does work as an extremely low cost substitution for the bands.... do you have any pantyhose or old support stockings around the house?
These are very stretchy and if wrapped around your hands a few times to shorten the length, can be used to do some very simple resistance stretches.
1.wrap around hands , leaving about a foot of length between your hands, now pull your arms staight away from eachother as far as you can, do 3 sets of 10 repititions of these.
2 Step on one end of the hose, shorten the length to your hand to make it fairly tight at waist height. Now with your arm straight, pull up on the other end as far as you can, do 3 sets of 10 reps PER HAND.
3. to work trapezeous dorsi, secure the hose to a door knob. shorten length to about 2 ft, standing facing the door, and arm straight down at side, pull the other end away , swinging your arm backward as far as you can against the resistance.
3 sets of 10 reps PER SIDE.
These are easy enough and shouldn't take your breath away.But will help in burning some calories.
You can always do light sets of leg lifts also to work tummy muscles, but do only so many so as not to become short of breath.
Remember being in elementary school? gym class? Remember doing windmills with your arms? stand like you are doing an "open" jumping jack and swing your outstretched arm down toward the opposite foot. It's ok if you don't reach all the way, stretch only as far as is comfortable. These help strengthen your "core" muscles. Will make your back stronger, your tummy stronger and YOUR DIAPHRAM stronger , which in turn will help you breath better.
Hope this helps some and gives you some ideas
Huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 190 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

jis4judy responded:
My sympathies on loseing your Mom I remember when My Mom passed away that i was really down in the dumps for a while
I think it is fabulous that you are fighting to help yourself be healthier . I do know what it is like to be short of breath I did suffer from asthma most of my life . after being on my nutrition quest avoiding proccessed foods as much as possable
my asthma went away .after about 3 years of healthier eating and exercise I no longer need medication . so maybe you can find the right nutrition to help your body heal itself..

welcome aboad Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
You've you gotten some great advice so welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

JeromeScasillas responded:
I'm so sorry about your loss. Please accept my condolences. I think you need to speak to a physician about your exercise options taking your health into consideration. Whereas diet is concerned, I think you could benefit from a healthy weight loss diet that is low in carbs (healthy, non-starchy carbs found in fresh fruits, veggies and whole grains) and lean proteins. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mom of 3 ages 22, boy 21, girl and 12 girl.. I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and am hoping to lose weight so that I can be off these...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.