Skip to content
Not my week:(
emmettekelly59 posted:
I just found out after hearing of the death of my mother on Friday, that my husband has been writing to some girl as old as our children. He said and I quote" I Just Wish I was 25yrs Younger and I would......."
I am so sick I can't eat without being nauseous and with my Barretts
( Esophasus Pre-cancer) I can't throw up unless my body is in distress. Man when you are in the refiners fire, they really mean "you are tested". I don't want to be tested anymore. I just want to take a break. Well enough pitty party. It's planning time for me to move out. I don't need another idiot that doesn't want me or thinks I am too high maintenance. This is what a guy says just before he starts looking for a replacement.I 'm not going to take it. It's time for ME. I'm going to need some support with this weight loss, please people. I need to add years to my life or I won't even live to the age my mom did.
Never Give up, you are worth it!

totallywiggedout responded:
man, emmette, the sh#t just keeps rolling downhill toward you. I'm so sorry for your struggles. jeez.
No problem with the help and support for your journey here, though. We will ride it out together, however long it takes.
But , right now, I'd like for you to just concentrate on being able to grieve the loss of your mom and the loss of the trust you had with your husband. Please , give yourself some time just for that. If you try to take on too much over and above your grief, you'll get swamped and give up. Let yourself have the time you need. THAT's the YOU time you need to concentrate on atm.
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 190 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

3point14 responded:
O hun.
((huge hugs))

I'm so sorry about your Mom.

I'm so enraged on your behalf about your husband. What an ass.

You're exactly right, though. Time to move out, move on, and leave him in your dust. Like your signature says "you are worth it!" and you must know that you ARE worth it.

Weight loss is going to be easy compared to what you're going through, hun. Putting yourself first is exactly what you need to do, and you CAN do this. Make sure you eat enough, get enough rest, and really enjoy the adrenaline from working out. Every step you take, every calorie you burn is one more improvement that you're earning for yourself.

So cheers for your future!!!
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

blondie454u responded:
I am so sorry for you troubles! I went through a rough period after my weight loss. I was married to a man that was mad at me for losing weight. So glad you are caring about you. Hang in there! This is a great group!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother. Now you got this (husband doing crap). Well, we can't change people, so what you can and have to do IS take care of yourself. This board can help you to stay focused.

My husband left me after 30 yrs. It was a horrible time, but it was for the better because he was cheating with a woman 20 yrs. younger than he. Anyway, I made a new life and met my DH at a church support group.

You just stay strong. One day at a time.......

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
What is it with men and their mid life crises? I find an older man in a suped up convertible and a hairpiece completely ludicrous. Almost sad actually, lol.
And the only good thing about finding a person 20 years your junior is that they will be able to tie your shoes longer than YOU will be able to, and that they have more energy to do the dishes and the windows, and mow the lawn and ...... lol .
What else could be the draw? I'd be so afraid that I'd start treating them like one of my kids, that there'd be no way I could rob the cradle like that.
k
Kim SW 243 CW 190 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

abnersmom responded:
So sorry for the loss of your mother and finding out about your husband. I went through a tough time when I divorced, but it was one of the best things that I've ever done for me. You will come out on the other side of this better than ever, but it's hard to see that when you're in the midst of it. Be good to yourself with healthy foods and some exercise - that helps with stress soooo much.

Glad you felt comfortable sharing this. This is a great group for venting and understanding.
Debbie SW 265 CW 162 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim you are a women thats why you would think of a younger person as a child /// Men are different they for some reason think when they start to feel old a younger woman would make them feel young again . I think because of our nature and we accually carry the babies within makes us more likely to see younger men as sons...I say give that guy some avacado and maybe he will feel younger right Kim ?
marriage is a rocky road with tons of bumps //
I have no idea where I got my copeing skills from
but when I was younger before marriage when out with a date and the guys would openly oogle girls walking buy and comment how pretty or hot she was so when a nice looking guy was around I openly admired him and commented on his body being in great condition... then the crazy girl watching would stop ...
It was strange I remember thinking if I did what they did would they see it for what it was //
just a thought
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

All my life I have been considered bigger than everyone else. I used to blame it on my asthma and allergies. I decided to put a stop to it. I am t...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.