Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
too good NOT to share and the upside of NSVs
totallywiggedout posted:
Just got home from my checkup.
Official beginning weight on Dr scale in Dec 2011, 250 , Today, same scale, 188!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY
Even better. NOW HEAR THIS ! I am no longer on my blood pressure meds prescribed in Jan (which I was told by same dr. that I'd NEVER be off of). My bp has gone from med high OMG range to right smack in the middle of NORMAL. I am so happy and proud I'm sitting here tearing up.
I wish I could give each and every one of you a big hug. I mean that, you guys, I couldn't have done this without you.
xoxo
K
Kim SW 243 CW 188.4 GW 135

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

abnersmom responded:
Great news again, Kim! I'm so happy for you and the improvement that you have made in your health. This news is actually trumps the 2lb. loss, in my book.
Debbie SW 265 CW 162 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

3point14 responded:
KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowza, lady!!!! You are truly an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the absolutely excellent work.

I bet your doctor was supah impressed. So many people nowadays don't take care of their bodies, and you've really proven that with some effort, control and care of your health is absolutely possible.

Great job!
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

mefirstforever responded:
OMG Kim !!!!

I'm so happy for you. You did the work, in the 80s yay !!!!

Nothing will stop you now.

Congrats in persevering and a big hug to you.
Helene GW 140 CW 201.8 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to 3point14's response:
Huggs Pi and Debbie.
My doctor likes what is happening, but , lol He STILL will not accept the fact that I'm doing this in a healthy way. He actually told me that he wants me on this "PLAN" that he gave me printouts for, lol. It's from Duke University. Reading through it the thing that caught my eye right off the bat, YOU MUST have 2 boullion cubes every day. MUST! In order to replace the sodium lost during daily activities. ..... have you seen how much sodium is in those puppies? I lightly salt what I think needs some, but I will NEVER drink down two boullion cubes a day for anybody. My blood pressure would be through the freeking roof if I followed that plan.
No thanks. Just smile, take the printout, glance through it and TOSS IT, lol.
I'm doing just fine, tyvm
xoxo
K

Many of Life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --- Thomas Edison

jis4judy responded:
Oh My gosh Kim thats about the best Non scale and scale victory I ever heard just think the money you spent on meds can buy more avacados now that the meds aren;t needed .
Yippy yeah Kim I am doing a happy dance for you
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
WTG Kim! If it was me I wouldn't go to that doctor any more. My doctor loves how I lost my weight and is very proud that I did it on my own. I think your doctor wants the glory of your success or he thinks that you couldn't doing it on your own because he thinks he is the only who can help you succeed. Again this is my opinion but I just don't like doctors like that.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mommaxeli responded:
That's great! I love hearing medical NSV's!!!
SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145

rohvannyn replied to mommaxeli's response:
Woohoo! Congrats! You are right. Ditch the boullion cubes. Even though current evidence points to salt not really having that big of an effect on blood pressure, you still don't need to add extra salt. Make up your plan and print it out for HIM once he sees you continue to be healthier.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 179.4 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Tomato05 responded:
That is fantastic news; how satisfying it must be to see proof in black and white that your new lifestyle is working and is worth it.

Strange advice from your doctor, I must say, regarding the stock cubes. Just take it with a pinch of salt (wink)!

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Thanks Helene. sorry I missed you again. Seems I'm checking out just when you come on.
Maybe we'll get together on here soon.
Hope everything is going well for you too. Still walking? How's your mom holding out?
huggs
K

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
LOL , YESSSS MORE AVOCADOS! you make me laugh out loud with that one, Judy. Such a sweety!
My kids are really happy , all have facebooked grats to me about it. It was really stressful to all of us when I found out how high my bp was since my mom died of heart failure, but battled high bp and cholesterol for years before that. So we are really happy with this outcome . Much relieved.
huggs
K

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
He's very loveable, and very OLD SCHOOL. He's in his late 60s to early 70s so he's just more of the type that thinks "diets" are the only way to go. I'm ok with that. I don't have to see him all that often and he works with my out of state accident claims insurance, and believe me, after hurricane katrina, not many places will take State Farm insurance claims or payment because of the scandal they caused on the housing ins down here. So I've gotta stay with him for awhile at least. It's ok. I have a mind of my own. I KNOW what I'm doing and going to continue to do.
huggs
K

totallywiggedout replied to mommaxeli's response:
Thanks MOM, Roh and Tomato, it surely was a pleasant surprise about my bp being so good today. I was a bit concerned because it really hadnt budged the last time I was in, but that last 20 lbs or so, must've helped kick it in, plus the oatmeal, and yes, the avocados. I've really been watching the stuff I eat and even if I do indulge in something not so good, I try to back it up with healthier fare asap.
love to all
k

justmejust responded:
Wow, that's incredible progress on the blood pressure improvements!
Laura 146 - 202 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a job that involved being at a computer..resulting in health related issues, the biggest one is my weight. I just retired (I think) ...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.