Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Back from my mom's funeral
emmettekelly59 posted:
So I'm back from my mom's funeral and my cousin's mother-in-law passed away the day of the funeral and after returning home I found out my brother-in-law had to be rushed to emergency surgery for a flesh eating bacteria in his stomach. Boy , when it rains, it pores.I haven't been able to lose any weight but for now I am trying to get back on the exercise wagon and take it one day at a time. I need a vacation ,just to clear my head. Stayed somewhat focused on what I ate while I was gone till it was my birthday. I had the most scrumptuous lunch/ dinner ( we split it up) but I knew not to even put it on my food journal. Out of the 8 days I was gone I only slipped one day. Even though I am still in morning for the loss of my mom, I think this all scarred me and made me think of my own life and what I am doing with it. Back to work and rearing to go. Thanks to ALl who said prayers and sent support for me & my family.
Never Give up, you are worth it!

totallywiggedout responded:
Welcome back, emmette.
Glad it all went ok for you, sorry for the extra familial troubles in the wake of your mom's death.
No matter what you eat, even if it's outrageous, you should log it if you are going to keep being honest on your log. Mainly, it's for reference sake. You can always to back and look up what you ate and see what the nutritional values were, and maybe make the decision, after actually seeing the calories and such, to cut the dinner in half and use a take home box like most of the rest of us do.
Order, tell waiter that WITH the meal you want the take out box delivered, BEFORE you even take that first bite, cut entire meal in half box it and set it aside to take home to eat another day.
Most national restaurants have their nutrition charts listed online for menu items. Look up what you ate , be honest and log it.
You can't hide from what you eat. So why try?
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jean4u responded:
Emmette, sorry to hear about all the family things going on. Now, I am going to tell you that it WILL always be something to side track your goal. You cannot let it take over your journey. A slip is OK just as long as you get back to the journey that will help YOUR health, OK?

Barb

emmettekelly59 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I thought about posting on my food journal for the lunch and dinner( I split the meal up) from my birthday. Maybe it won't be that much over the allotted calories for the day. I didn't know you could get the nutritional info for restaurants on-line. This is fantastic. I will post this info so I don't throw off my weekly stats. Right now I have made a training routine for my exercises so I can start up this week and work on this more closely. Thanks for all your help and support.
Never Give up, you are worth it!

totallywiggedout replied to emmettekelly59's response:
Yes, most "big box" restaurant chains post. Places like Cheddars unfortunately do not , so you have to kinda be creative in your google search for "like Items" off of their menu.
Best thing to do also, is if you eat at a certain restaurant often and usually eat the same thing, look it up once write down all of the nutrition info for your meal and on the food chart, at bottom, log your own entry so you can name it, put in the info and save as frequent meal. that way you just clik and drag next time. And if you put in 1 item as the serving size, you can then cut the meal in half or less and only log the amount of it that you actually eat for that meal.
Kim SW 243 CW 186.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

blondie454u responded:
Sorry about your loss and other troubles. Like Barb said there will always be something to derail you. Just pick up where you left off. You deserve to be healthy you. Congrats for getting back on track and best of luck!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u replied to emmettekelly59's response:
Emette, So good to hear you are back on your journey. We work here together and share our struggles.....the good and the bad and the day-to-day stuff.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am Misty. I Live in Arkansas. I have two great kids and a awesome husband. I am 26 years old and finally getting to go to college. I am a Big Gir...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
62 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.