Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
was up 2 now down 1 yippy!!
jis4judy posted:
Hi everyone,
I thought my scale was broke this morning like marybeth
I weighed in 148.5 thats a bonus pound /
I think it helped to be puppy sitting all weekend that puppy kept me moveing. and I am trying to reduce my fruit intake increase whole grains and vegies. all that fruit kept me doing well for 9 years but I have to get better balance thats my focus for the future.. should have done this sooner//
good monday morning to you all
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

abnersmom responded:
Yay! Judy. Great way to start the week. Congrats.

I was 159 again this morning so I went ahead and changed my signature. Didn't think I'd make the 150's by the end of Aug. Thanks Momaxelli for the push to start the weights. I think that has made the difference in getting the scale moving again. Hope everyone else has a good start to your weeks like Judy and I have!
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u responded:
That's great Judy!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
Just keep at it Debbie! Your doing great!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Hi Judy, good for you! 148.5 WTG GIRL!!!

That puppy worked you over, too! What you say about fruit and looking at increase in whole grains and veggies is something worth trying. I went to a buffet today and put more meat on my plate than I could eat. It really didn't even taste good. I enjoyed my big plate of salad, though. My DH had about 3 servings of dessert. I didn't even enter the dessert section. If I don't start eating desserts I don't crave them. All in all I did good.

Can you believe it is going on 10 yrs. for you in maintenance.....that is some focus you have.

Barb

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber! Love this board and how people drop in and share "stuff" and continue to offer support.

Barb

totallywiggedout responded:
Judy , wow! Haven't you been 149is for , like FOREVER?? To drop below even that, it must be a big surprise with a side of whipped cream! Fat free of course
Grats to you. Definitely , let us know how your new buildup of grains and veg's make you feel. To me, it's not always how it affects the scale but also how it affects how I feel physically when I make a food change that I try to focus on. Like with the avocados and how I feel better, hair/nails look better... that kinda stuff.
I know that certain veggies are kinda off limits for me, even still, onions and green peppers tend to cause terrible tummy rumbles and distensional pain. But I keep throwing them back in periodically just to see if my new intake has made them easier to eat.
--------
Debbie, OMG! Congrats on reaching the 150s! Now you'll have to keep us super informed about your weight changes because your reaching goal could literally be a "blink and you miss it" event it's now so close.
Seriously impressed!
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim
I was 153 forever up till this year and for some reason dropped a few pounds down to 149.5 maintained that for a few months then the blueberry banana bread took me by surprise last week I added 2 pound up to 151.5 so this last 5 days I decided I needed to change my focus some to whole grain in place of some fruits . I accually feel good today heck increaseing whole grains can be done with air popped popcorn best whole grain in my opinion... and have my yogurt with honey no berries removed my fruit snacks . what I did instead of eating a plum when I feel hungry before I cook dinner I had instead a half slice of whole grain bread with 1/2 tablesoon peanut butter . seems to be a great swap //
148.5 was a surprise lowest I have weighed in on my journey
I hope I can maintain it ..
and next spring it will be 10 years on plan Barb is right on that one ..
and Debbie is doing awsome I am so happy for her

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Lol Barb your hubby is like me on desserts I love them
it is my hardest thing to control .
If we do go out to eat I do indulge in a dessert we rarely eat out though so it won;t be anything too bad /
and the last 10 years flew by I have no idea where all that time went LOl Hugs Judy:)

Tomato05 replied to jis4judy's response:
That is awesome, Judy, what a double reason to celebrate! It's quite fun to experiment, isn't it?

I actually need to add some fruits and reduce candy! I eat only 1 piece of fruit a day.

I could also do with reducing meat ( I eat lots of it) and increasing wholegrains.

But not all these steps at once of course!

jis4judy replied to Tomato05's response:
Yes tomato it is fun to experament with the basics and note the changes I was eating way too much fruit this summer cherry season is just ending so it is a good time to increase whole grains and maybe some dairy while I do with less fruits . I was eating a ton of cherries they have a short season and my favorite fruit ...so I do think I over did it a little.
changeing things around is a good to keep the journey from being boreing...I did start eating fruit to replace my other sweets so maybe it is time to relace the replacement
Hugs Judy

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks, Kim, Amber and Judy! Your support is so appreciated and you all inspire me to keep at it.

Kim, you are so generous with your time to give advice and encouragement to others. Proud to know you, boardie!

Amber and Judy, I want to be just like you guys when I get to maintenance and be on this board and maintaining for a long time!
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie I find that it is helpfull to maintain while helping the newbies it keeps us remembering that we are fragile and need bolstering too , sometimes
you will be great at this ...you are allready an inspiration among us...

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy. 10 years in maintenance. Let me just take this moment and WALLOW in your aura! YOU ARE A GOD! lol
Debbie, thanks for the compliment. I want to help inspire people the way I have been inspired by you guys.
There are many gems and precious nuggets of information and first hand knowledge just lying around here, all you have to do is pick them up.
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I was just looking at your numbers and you are past the halfway point to your goal weight thats pretty awsome kiddo .. and my maintainance is really only 9 years but in the spring I will be on this journey 10 years it was a year to get to maintainance...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old. I had a baby girl 11/22/09 and she is my reason for changing my life. I am 5 ft 6 in and 225lbs I have been over weight nearly all ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.