Skip to content
Tomatoes
hopeilose posted:
Tomatoes for dinner , tonight I sliced some of those gems up from my garden ( yes I am still gardening Judy ) put a smidge of mozzarella on each one, topped with a basil leaf. Broiled under the broiler in the oven, what a nice treat and also had two ears of corn on the cob with that,,,,,

Lunch was a tomato sandwich, toasted wheat bread, nice juicy slice of tomato, with some spin blend on it..a couple of my homemade pickle slices on the side...Yummo

Breakfast was a couple of slices of toast, wheat of course...a cup of coffee

snacks today, was a ice cream sandwich and 25 cheese it crackers...

all in all, 1171 cals..no nutrition numbers however...

Have a great one!!
Nancy

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Nancy. Those tomatoes sound great, esp. love the one with the melted cheese. mmmmm.
Comin to end of season, so glad you are enjoying the final splurges of summer harvest.
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

hopeilose replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hello Kim
Yes they are delicious..sure am gonna miss them, they are just about done with...
But still have some acorn squash to eat up yet

I see you are doing awesome on your goals!! keep up the great work!! You have lost quite a bit!!

I am trying to lose a bit, was back up to 219 at beginning of summer, and currently around 210-211 ish...so those garden veggies will be missed!!

Nancy

Tomato05 responded:
Needless to say, I love tomatoes too! I use it for most meals.

Tomatoes go with just about anything. I wouldn't have thought tomato goes with sweet potato, but I created a salad last week with chopped left-over sweet potato, chopped tomato, onion and baby spinach (aragule), sprinkled on some sesame seeds and it was not bad!

abnersmom responded:
Yummy, Nancy. Why don't I think of the broiled tomato with mozzarella and basil? So simple and can't wait to do it. Thanks!

I love cooked tomatoes, not so crazy about them raw except in salsa. Weird, I know. I threw some grape tomatoes in with my roasted squash, zucchini and garlic tonight. Nom nom Have been on a cherries kick lately for my fruit. Had some at lunch and my blueberries with oatmeal for breakfast.
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

totallywiggedout replied to hopeilose's response:
Ungh, acorn squash, It really did just hit me that the truly fall veggies are coming in. Almost pumpkin time again. Where has the Summer gone?!
The bf is a worrywart when it comes to the weather. He's been on constant high alert since the Isaac left the Florida coast.
LOL I even told him I wanted to take the 8 hr road trip to New Orleans just so I can truly experience my first hurricane. No go, he won't let me. He truly is such a wet blanket. Won't let me have any fun sigh.....
But they are calling for 8-12 inches of rain even up here , basicly from the rings of the hurricane and winds to 35 mph. which isn't bad but I'd still like to see the real thing. I love storms.
At least we know that the Mighty Mississippi won't flood this time. I saw that in the Greenville, MS area, the river had gotten so low from the draught that they had to stop the barge traffic because one got really stuck. The others were only carrying 3/4 loads which wasn't cost effective at all. Foods are gonna skyrocket this fall. Be prepared. It's not gonna be pretty.
huggs
K

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy responded:
Hi Nancy great to see you posting again. guess what ?
I planted tomatoes this year too and they are delicious.
I also planted some butternut squash they will be ready soon /

My food for today
a mixture of cereals total appox 1 Cup 1/2 C ff milk 4 strawberries 1/2 an orange 1 C instant coffee black

Dinner was steak mushrooms corn on cob asparagus
side salad with mixed greens red onion tomato orange peppers 6 black olives
2 C green tea with lemon

supper was 1 slice whole grain bread spread with 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
1.3 oz pistachios 4 dried mango strips

dessert

1/3 C greek yogurt 1/2 C sliced strawberries 1/2 T honey1/4 C blueberries/

about 5 C water
this is just under 1500 cals
shopping today no intentional exercise
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh I forgot to add in the 3 Baby carrots
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
2 cups vanilla roast coffee, black
nothing
nothing
and ..... more nothing.... this wasn't planned lol
1 small avocado, sliced and sprinkled with lime juice
1 can water packed tuna, drained, mixed with 1 1/2 tblsp miracle whip light, dash of dried dill, dash of lemon pepper seasoning
1 plum tomato, sliced
1 pumpkin smoothie
3/4 c Skinny fruits, pineapple chunks with 1/2 c fat free cottage cheese sprinkled with 2 tblsp all bran
k

jean4u responded:
Nancy, Sounds very yummy! I would probably broil or grill some tomatoes and sprinkle a bit of Parmesan cheese, black pepper and garlic powder. Also, I like to stuff them with a low-cal tuna salad with green onions, celery and a tbs. of thawed frozen peas.

Looks like you got all us tomato-lovers out!

You just keep up the good work. Nice to hear from you, too.

Happy Wednesday ALL!

Barb

jean4u replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato, I like to nuke a sweet potato and put salsa on it and a tsp. of plain Greek yogurt. I eat the potato skin, too. Add a bit of green onion on top.

Barb

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, the thing I like about those grape tomatoes, is they are so convenient and seem to go with everything. Like a side that goes with a sandwich or a veggie snack or like you did put it in your squash dish. Some of the other varieties of tomatoes are too liquidy. Whoever created the grape tomatoes....THANKS!!!

Barb

jean4u replied to jean4u's response:
I had to add soup favs too, to the tomato blog. Hot tomato soup as well as the cold, gazpacho.

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Barb, funny you should mention "liquidy" tomatoes. I just read an article in a foody magizine that was about the new tomatoes that are being developed that are dry instead of juicy. The ones shown looked like romas and some smaller round garden types. I can't remember names but they will be the ones to get/grow for meatier,thicker sauces and drier salads.
k

kalimiller responded:
Oh my goodness. This whole board is making me wish it was lunch time so that I can go home and have some tomatoes...mmmmmm

Spotlight: Member Stories

I developed the mentality of a fatty somewheres around first grade. My mother had struggled with weight during her childhood, and she sure was a compe...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.