Skip to content
Kim
jis4judy posted:
are you close to that awfull storm hitting Louisianna
I hope you are safe and dry
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
Safe, VERY, dry, ummmmm not so much. LOL it had been slightly breezy all evening last night and into today and overcast. At about 1 pm here we got the first of the rains. They are now calling for up to 18 inches in my area and winds up to 45 mph. We'll b ok but my back yard will flood and take a few days to dry out.
I'll keep you posted, and if I have to start building an Ark, at least I'll be able to design my own kitchen!
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
thats good you are safe and so far dry thta area doen;t need much rain at all to cause a problem ...

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

maybembt replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Glad to hear you are safe. And if you get flooded in, it is not a reason to blow your diet.
Marybeth 228-208-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

totallywiggedout replied to maybembt's response:
True enough. I won't a little water get in the way of my journey. I may not be able to walk at the park for a couple of days, but for sure, the sidewalks here in town should be able to be traversed. If nothing else, Walmart never floods and I can always grab a cart and walk in there for a couple of hours a day till it dries up a bit, right?
How's it going with you Marybeth? Last i'd seen you dropped 4lbs. Hope things have gotten back to normal with your smoothies , I'd love to hear that you've dropped some more.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
won't LET, heeeerrrre Let, Let , Let. Funny I can't find my let anywhere. I'm sure I put a LET in after won't on that answer.... won't let a little water, yadda yadda yadda....carry on.....
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

Lol Kim when I read that I read a let in there because thats what I knew you meant LOL

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy! what are you doing up so late?? Usually it's either just me and Helene, or me and Marybeth.... can't sleep hon??
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

Oh my was it really late when I posted I was up late watching the last preseason Pats game last night and we have my daughters puppy here for the next week

maybembt replied to jis4judy's response:
Good morning Judy. Are you sleepy?
Marybeth 228-208-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

Well good morning Judy and Marybeth!
Weather update, looks like it rained most of the night. Not heavy but steady. Winds still blowing pretty hard , like a steady 35 mph with gusts to 45 or so. Took Michael to work this am and so far no serious intown road flooding. Some road signs are bent in more open areas, showing that the winds where there were no trees to break them up, got pretty heavy.
Looks like a Walmart cart day for me. Gonna clean a little around the house, then prolly do some reading. Then do the wallyworld thing later this pm. Rains/winds expected thru morning here, so I'm prolly not going out till pm.
Broke down and made a small singel layer choc cake last night. Couldn't fight it anymore. Had one piece with a cup of skim. Bf got one too, then I covered it up. He took a pc for lunch and I cut and froze the rest this am. Outta sight, outta mind.
hope you and everyone else has a great day
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

jis4judy replied to maybembt's response:
Yes Marybeth I am a tad sleepy but ok took the puppy for a walk this morning have to tire her out so she will sleep better tonight.

Hi KIm you seem to be getting the toned down part of the storm m much better for you I think new orleans got very flooded sad for those folk there ...
don;t worry too much about 1 slice of cake these indulgences are common just don;t make a habit of it thats my method anyway have basically what I want once a month not a whole day of indulgenes just that 1 thing in a proper serving /
good thing getting it out of sight ...

Still steadily raining. My ground is now at saturation point and is starting to puddle pretty good out in the yard. We are in flash flood warning till tomorrow 7am. I'm still a little confused about how flash floods actually happen, I guess. Seems that they should only be dangerous with large bodies of water that build to breakover point and with fast moving rivers constantly fed from higher points like mountains and such. I just don't see how something like rain which we need anyhow, really , can cause something considered "flash"(supposedly meaning to catch you off guard it moves so fast) when you watch it coming down all day and susceptible areas can be monitored at most times during ..... With the lakes, rivers and catch basins/runoffs being so low from the draught, I'm just baffled as to how even 15 inches of rain over 2 days could cause a flood ...
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

Hi Kim it has to do with the absorbance rate sometimes in a drought the land hardens and it would resist takeing in the water if it falls too fast then it is a flash flood collecting on the surface longer than you would think.. weird huh?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Always heavy finally got my dream body after losing 130lbs 5 years ago....i maintained until my first pregnancy, now I'm 230lbs again. I need to t...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.