Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Found some AC!
maybembt posted:
It has been unbearably hot here. I have been doing my walking at 6:00AM the coolest part of the day. But when I tried to do my aerobic DVD at that time, my body just couldn't handle it so early. I do the aerobics at 6:00PM. But it is too hot. I have been a little concerned for my health exercising in the heat. I am 64yrs old, obese, out of condition, to heat is draining and there is no 911 to call if I feel bad. I am drained and can barely lift me feet. So today I found an small room with AC. Yea! Now I have a place to do my aerobics daily.
Marybeth 228-208-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

totallywiggedout responded:
You just happened to "find" a small room with ac??? What? Like a mushroom growing under a low lying Morenga tree??? How did you NOT find this room earlier? lol
Seriously though, I'm really glad that you now have someplace more comfortable to exercise in. Even if you only use it for your aerobics, it's gonna make a world of difference I'm sure.
Other than that, Marybeth, how have you been? You and I seem to be almost exactly the same distance to our goals.
We are in the process of getting the first waves of Hurricane(Tropical Storm) Isaac here. It has been slightly windy and overcast, it rained for all of about 20 min earlier, I guess we are really supposed to get our portion about 3 am tomorrow , up to 18 inches of rain total I guess. At this point... I'll believe it when I see it, lol. After that first rain it cleared off and became bright and blue skied so I'm kinda skeptical atm.
huggs
take care
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

maybembt replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hey Kim,
Do you live on the coast or are you a ways inland. I see a lot of hurricanes down here, but I have far enough inland that that is is just a lot of heavy rain and wind. We do see flooding though. It is no problem for me, I just stay home until it passes and dries up some. Thatch huts in the villages are often flattened. I sure wouldn't want to be taking refuge in one of them. I hope you have a sound building and can stay dry.
Marybeth 228-208-150

totallywiggedout replied to maybembt's response:
Hi Marybeth, I live about 8 1/2 hrs North of New Orleans, I'm at the very top of Louisiana, so wind and rains, and Yes, we have flooding too sometimes. Weird spots, like there is a really low dip in the road downtown that goes under a railroad bridge, that flooded last year with about 3 ft of water and a womans car died out on her while she tried to make it through and be darned if she didn't drown sitting there in her car.
Weird. But a whole lot of people down here don't know how to swim at all, not even enough to float out to safety.
This house is sitting on 12inch Pylons, up off the ground, so yeh, it'd have to rain a BUNCH before it got into the house. So yes , I'm safe on that note, but I'll try to explain how it is right now.... I stepped out to get ready to take boog for our pm walk. It's windy but not more than a good spring kite flying wind, then all of a sudden it started GUSTING and it was a sustained 35-40 mph gust for about 4 min. I had to turn away because small limbs and dirt were blowing hard on me. I figured that was it for tonight, no walk because the very last thing I need is for a stupid limb to fall out of a tree and bean me. LOL
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

blondie454u responded:
That's great!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Good for you to find that AC room! Now you can exercise safely without jeopardizing your health in the heat and high humidity.

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, I think I would keep a life jacket in my car and a hammer to break the car window if I got trapped. I used to carry a small snow shovel because I worked midnights and my car would get blown snow under the tires and get it stuck. I worked with alot of men at the time and they would laugh about the snow shovel, but they did ask, on occasion, to borrow it! LOL

About those tree limbs, that is a real danger....take care

Barb.

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
LOL, I always has a big red rectangular rubbermaid covered tub in my trunk with a mix of kitty litter and ice melt, and the requisite folding snow shovel. It sounded dumb to a lot of ppl but 50 extra lbs in the a** end of your car when you are going through ice and snow can really make the difference in keeping your car on the road, plus if you do get showed in, or off road a bit, the gravel helped with traction.
Sounds weird, but I truly do miss driving in the snow.
xoxo
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

maybembt responded:
wouldnt you know as soon as i find a place with ac to exercise in, i cant exercise. maybe i will just go there and sit
Marybeth 228-205-150

totallywiggedout replied to maybembt's response:
March Marybeth. March to music and you won't strain your wrist. or do some chair exercises for toning your legs and not have to bother your wrist. Look up exercises for stroke victims, or for geriatrics for extra low impact or ones for left or right hand handicaps for the time being.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello - My name is Angel - and I have four children (as you can probably tell by my user name!) I am a part-time pediatric/pregnancy dietitian and a f...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.