Skip to content
Imminent Invasion, batten the hatches
totallywiggedout posted:
Well, the twins picked up their moving truck today and are in the process, if not atm actually finished with the packing of their apartment..... I suppose now is a bit late to call them and say that I've changed my mind and that they can't come here.
That would be mean.... socially impolite and..... well, sigh.
I guess they are coming, ready or not, lol
WHEEEE!

I'm thinking right about now would be a good time to visit, Paris. Not Hilton, but France. Someplace far, far away.....
Anyway, we did go and check out that rent to own house on a whim... It sucked mightily. I mean A PIT ! First off , hitting you as soon as the door was open was the smell of unattended to pets left to fend for their own potty breaks. The walls were rotting and bowed, the floors, if covered had that nasty stinky carpet or ripped and/missing linoleum from sometime before WWII.... No, AC, no Furnace, big sign of roof leakage in a severly derelict kitchen..... And you can own ALL THIS for only $550 down and $550 a month for 20 years!
OH GEE WHERE SHALL I SIGN??????
NOT!!!!
I'm still pining for that little yellow rental which has central air and heat. It certainly can't be worse that what we walked thru yesterday.
Ick
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

FirstPrevious12NextLast

Tomato05 responded:
Sounds gross; they will battle to find customers, surely,

Having a full house may have its challenging moments, but I hope it will also be fun. When they finally leave, you may even suffer from "empty nest" syndrome.

If you can't make Paris, maybe just have regular weekend breaks away!

maybembt responded:
Enjoy your yellow rental with central air and heat.
Marybeth 228-208-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

totallywiggedout replied to Tomato05's response:
LOL, there is something comically pathetic about the idea of having to take a vacation from my own house....lol.
As for suffering empty nest, when I moved south, I am the one who jumped the nest first. The twins had just graduated hs and they both had decent jobs, and were going to take some college courses. So, I left my house to them. When my oldest son and his family needed to move back closer to his wifes grandma, they moved into my house too. The twins then got a seperate apartment, and the oldest is still in my house. Truly, my house will NEVER be empty. But that is in Michigan and I am at the other end of the continent where my bf could get a job at least. Michigan being what it was and is, is no place to try to make a decent blue collar living anymore.
hugs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to maybembt's response:
That yellow house is just "California Dreamin" or "Dust in the Wind". lol
It's a pipe dream that I'm holding onto atm just to get through my days. It's not a reality right now, though. This house that I'm in is my reality and for the time being , it will have to do.
huggs Marybeth, hope your new workout room is good and cold for you.
xoxo
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim
I sort of know what you mean by pipe dreams
This house I am in has air and heat all houses in my area require heat But Only in the last 10 years or so since I added the air ...the thing that prompted it was the furnace broke down so I added the air at the same time as the new heat ;;
I used to have a big house with 2 baths this is a small house with 1 bath...if only I could afford to move or add a new bathroom someplace in a tiny house thats my pipe dream
the reason for moveing into the smaller house was we had little kids and this house has an awsome back yard..
and I was working full time so I wouldn;t be around that much
well now with the empty nest it is not financially smart to move right now ...
been makeing a few inmprovements or the last few years I have to save my pennies to get anything done I refuse to go into debt ,,,for these repairs
good luck I hope everything works out
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Good luck with the kids moving in, Kim. Hope it will be a better experience than what you are thinking it will be. Keep those dreams alive - hope of the future can get you through some tough times.
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Ewwwww. That place sounded so gross Kim! I don't see how they could even legally rent that. Anyway good luck to you.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
That place is still on Michael's mind today too. He still cannot figure out how they can ask 550 security dep when the place is such a pit. It's not like you could possibly leave it in worse shape, lol
Nah, something will break and we'll get into a bit bigger place with some central air and heat. I'm not too worried.... well, yeh I am, a bit, cause I was cleaning today and still cannot figure out how 3 more people will fit into this house, lol.... eyeroll....... I guess we could all just sleep standing up, eat in shifts and run to the bathroom at the neighbors if it gets too bad.
Time will tell.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

Hi Kim
I watched a show called hidious houses and the house that was supposed to be hidious was way better than the house you looked at . reminds me of watching the remodel of kitchen the one they took out looked better than mine LOl

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I know what you mean about the teardown kitchens that look better than any I owned. Too funny!

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, You WILL get through this! Probably you will get the material you need for your best-seller or TV series!

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
People do that all the time Judy. Take a perfectly functional , not too shabby kitchen and rip that sucker out. Never mind that someone with less money could use those cabinets or counter top, Out with the old and in with the new. McMansion owners seem to be the worst when it comes to tryin to keep up with the Joneses. I think I read somewhere that that income range of homeowner is in a near constant form of one remodeling job after another from about 5 years after they build that house.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Oh, I know I'll get through it, NOW, if IT would just HAPPEN, lol. They started out at a little after midnight last night, figuring that night driving would be easier, ok..... BUT then they got tired and had to stop, they made about 1/3 of the way. They slept ALL DAY, lol. I kept waiting for them to chk in and say they were back on the road. I didn't get that call till 9PM!!! I figure they'll make it to about Grenada, MS by morning, and they'll prolly stop again. I hope they just take a nap then come on down, otherwise it'll be sometime MONDAY before they get here at the rate they are going.
I was worried about them coming, yes, but the suspense is KILLING ME!

k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

Hi Kim they might be running into the remnants of Issac it is heading North east we are expecting some rain from that storm on tuesday a slow mover it is ...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mother, 59, who works for her self-employed husband. At 229 pounds, I am 99 lbs. overweight and have been for 20 years. In fact, at my...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.