Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weekend out of control
abnersmom posted:
Happy Labor Day to all! Bad, bad, bad food weekend for me. Way too many ribs yesterday and Sat. night went with friends to a horse show that has fair-like food. I ate a cheeseburger and nachos with cheese! This is after my Fri. night splurge as well. I was out of control!!! Reeling it in today and back on track. The only good thing (well, I did have a lot of fun) was that I got in 3 miles walking everyday. Would have had to walk 30 to burn off all those calories though.

Hope everyone else has had a better food weekend than I have.
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Hi Debbie don't worry about that few days of indulgence I bet you ate less than you used to as well.. Just realizing that you did indulge and getting back on track thats the real progress knowing what we are doing and dealing with it.
if I admitted to everything I ate while i was at my sons house you would expect me to have gained 10 pounds but because I was rather active and didn;t binge on anything I came home a pound down .
the main thing is to get back on plan and stay there a while before you jump off the wagon again...in short I meen don;t make it a habitLOL
hugs Judy;)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Debbie, I was looking for some ribs the past day or two but did not find (thank you for unanswered prayers!). I think the cheeseburger and nachos w/cheese are OK in the 20 of the 80 thing-y. Yeah, the weight may go up, but that is onl temporary and sodium. Just make sure you veggie-up and hydrate, hydrate to flush that "20" out.

Today, I am cooking Italian sausage with red and green peppers and onions. It is a treat for this holiday.

Don't you love to see horses? I have a friend who designed her house (in the country) so her family room window viewed the horse pasture with 3 horses. It was cool to watch the horses there. The house was decorated in a "ranch" theme, too.

Barb

totallywiggedout responded:
No unforturnately, not me. I didn't do well either. Not really. For one thing, I haven't walked at all since Saturday morning. I was so busy getting the house ready for the kids that I just didn't have it in me to also do that. And as for my food intake, lol, it's been catch as catch can so I haven't been logging and have basicly lost all track of what I was supposed to be doing. Back on track tomorrow. I'm tired of not drinking my smoothies and eating what I fed everyone else just because it was 'eaiser" than taking time for the stuff I need to eat. I feel like crap too. Honestly. I can feel my body revolting at the food I have been eating so, I'm done with that.
Which means , Debbie, I am right behind you on getting back in control.
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, Company always does me in. Just get back to what you can when you can.

Barb

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
Kids have been saying how they want to walk with me EVERY morning.... for months this is what I heard. While out shoppin for an extra ac for the spare bedroom, they ask. "so, what time in the morning do you walk , anyway?" "7 am". " Oh! THAT early???!! ummmm, okayyyy. just let us know..." Unhunh this am I was getting Michael around for work , breakfast, in and out of the bedrooms looking for my lost dustpan, noone even stirs.... I'm almost ecstatic ! ALONE TIME AT LAST! On the pretense of letting the poor dears sleep in because it was such a long trip and the time change and all..... Holly and I walked alone..
I'm beginning to cherish my alone time, not sure when next month I will start to wake them up in time to walk with me. Stay tooned.
LOL
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Debbie,

Well I must admit that I also got on the binge wagon these last few days, no limit, I must have left my little voice telling me are you really hungry in the shed.
It's time to invite it back in the house and get off the wagon and on the treadmill.

Judy is the wise one; lets not make it a habit.

Boy did I mist you guys !!! Huggs to all.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Helene, I'm right behind you babe. You are posting today same time as me. I feel connected!
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

blondie454u responded:
I did horrible this whole weekend! I am back on track now. My goal is to stay that way until Thanksgiving because I want pumpkin pie!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Barb, Lucky for you not to find the ribs. I found way too many of them. Good food day yesterday and today. Plugging away again.

So funny (well ironic, anyway) that so many of us got off track at the same time. Okay, gals, we need to be like Judy and Amber and no more indulgences until the holidays. Planning ahead because we ALL know that will be a tough time.

Kim, you've got it tough right now. Do the very best that you can to get that alone time and your healthy diet going again. I have faith that you will figure this hurdle out as you have the others.
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Looks like WE are "connected" and committed to our journeys. Those speed bumps didn't get us off our journeys, merely had to slow down a bit.

Happy Wednesday AKA Hump Day!

Barb

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim you sound so much like me it is scary LOl I do love my alone time and thats a totally different than when I was younger
I used to hate being alone I think that was from being raised in a small house with brothers and sisters counting me there were 8 of us plus parents makeing the count 10 there was never a moment of alone time . we allways seemed to have company too .
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
Me too Amber I have to stay on my journey till the holidays then I can have pumpkin pie and maybe some cookies at Christmas... gotta keep some control till then .
I agreed to get chinese this Christmas at least I won;t have to cook...My daughter thinks it will be better so neither of us has to cook on Chritmas .Oh well the things I agree to when I am with my daughter ....
I am sure it cannot be any worse than lasagna or a full out turkey spread...

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
I have no idea who is cooking this year but no matter what I will have a least one piece of pumpkin pie even if I have to make it myself.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
Oh I will be definatly makeing a pumpkin pie thats about my favorate pie for a long time , I accually use a pumpkin fresh and puree it myself for my pie//
an old recipe from early 1900s or late 1800

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Morbidly obese as they call it. I have to lose 100 lbs. I have COPD, Emphesemea, Precancerous Barrett's Esophagus, Chronic Migraines,Daytime ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.