Skip to content
Uncomfortable and hot!
maybembt posted:
Marybeth 228-205-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

totallywiggedout responded:
And UGLY, that's the most ugly cast i have ever laid eyes on , Marybeth! Jeez i haven't seen a white plaster cast in decades! lol
Quick! grab a pkg of color fast magic markers and let the kids in the village go to town decorating that thing before the sheer whiteness blinds someone.
But , on the bright side, hey ,chicky poo! You are looking pretty good! I like your hair up like that, it slims your face and lets us see your pretty eyes and smile better..
hows the wrist btw? hope its not giving you too many achey times.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy responded:
wow looks like more than the wrist is brokenyou whole arm is in a cast... nice smile however
hope it heals quickly
hugs Judy;)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Tomato05 responded:
Getting dressed must be a nightmare. And getting showered, combing your hair, sleeping....

Your left hand will become very clever!

3point14 responded:
Besides the pain in the booty cast, you're lookin great!!!! I agree, I love this hairstyle because it really shows off your wonderful cheekbones.

My Mum's friend is a nurse and to alleviate the discomfort of casts, she says it's beneficial to keep your fingertips in cold water. I'm not sure of the science behind it,but it wouldn't hurt to try, huh?

Hope that cast is off soon!!
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

abnersmom responded:
Marybeth, you look great! That cast is unbelievable and the smile you are showing us despite the cast is incredible. Hope it heals quickly.
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

healthyat76 responded:
Ohmigosh, Marybeth! That cast looks like it "hurts"! Hope you heal quickly!
I'm Sally....
Goal: 37 lbs loss...20 to go!

maybembt replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, maybe they made my cast so big to slow me down a bit. I told the doctor I was playing soccer with the rottweiler. I really don't know what they did with my arm during surgery. I just woke up with this big cast. I went back the next day and asked about the cast and they said it was correct for that break. Since my wrist is set at an odd angle,I am concerned about getting my wrist motion back.
Marybeth 228-205-150

maybembt replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato, There are many things I cant do,because they require 2 hands. The fingers on that hand are useless and really hurt. I am feeling very helpless and bordering on depression.
Marybeth 228-205-150

jis4judy replied to maybembt's response:
Hi Marybeth gosh I would want to know exactly what they did to fix it , and yes I would be worried too .. do the docs know about the finger pain?
Looks uncomfortable I hope you heal fast
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to maybembt's response:
Marybeth, you really have GOT to tell them about the pain in your fingers. No matter what type of break you had in your wrist, this far out, you shouldn't be experiencing pain like you are describing.
I really hate to be this opinionated, but, I've never in my life seen a cast shaped like that for any break. It doesn't look supportive and it doesn't look like it would set right.
Is there any way you can seek a second opinion? There must be some sort of orthopedic surgeon in the region, Marybeth. I'm just concerned about the fact that they didn't and seemingly won't discuss what they actually did to fix it and that's not normal. You should definitely have a consultation with that doctor and demand to see the xrays and reports of how they repaired it.
Marybeth, it's your arm, you will have to live with it a long time after that cast comes off. Be sure it was done right. seek a second opinion and details.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

maybembt replied to totallywiggedout's response:
kim,
two doctors did my surgery. i saw another doctor on mon. he cut my cast to give more room for my thumb and he said that the cast had to be that way because of the break. so now 3 docs are in agreement. there are no ortho docs in the area. the fingers are getting a little more useful. i can squeeze two together and help my left hand a little. the cast keeps my thumb from helping. the break is there by the thumb. i still cant push or hold something still with my fingers because that hurts. i think things are getting better only very slowly.

i have not been able to exercise. i wanted to get up at dawn (the coolest part of the day) and walk, but i cant put on my bra by myself and i am not going outside with only one boob!

i think i will start some daily crunches. do you have any other suggestions?
Marybeth 228-205-150

blondie454u responded:
Yes I love your like that as well. Get well soon!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

maybembt replied to blondie454u's response:
the hair is pulled back because of the heat. every morning i have to have someone help put my bra on, tie back my hair, break ice cubes, put my watch on, etc. i am an independent type person and this is very difficult. i dont know what i will do sunday when all the employees will be off. maybe i will have to have her come in on her day off. i hate this.
Marybeth 228-205-150

3point14 replied to maybembt's response:
((huge hugs)) Sounds insanely frustrating, hun. I'm so sorry you're going through all this, but it's such a blessing to have the people around you to help. I'm sure even the woman who comes in Sunday won't be mad about it or anything, you're giving them a wonderful opportunity to help repay some of the kindness I'm sure you've shown them.

Crunches sound like a great idea. Jumping jacks, maybe? Any kind of springs so you could make a DIY thighmaster? Maybe just stretches, to help maintain your flexability?

My heart goes out to you Marybeth, and I'm so glad you have people around to help, even if you hate it. As frustrating as it is, you're seeing improvement slowly. That's better than it getting worse. Not to be a nag, but to help with recovery...the better you eat, the better your body will be able to be on your side and speed up your recovery.

You're a tough, competent woman. Don't get discouraged!
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently took the plunge into stay-at-home mom-hood. I have four children, ranging in age from 1.5 to 17; two are step-children and two are by pregn...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.