Skip to content
Checking in again..
tristaj90 posted:
So over Labor day weekend I ate around 300 calories more a day and I felt so horrible. Then when i got home to weigh myself finally I had learned that I had lost weight. As of today (my "official" weigh in day-I typically weigh myself daily), I now weigh 175.6. When I graduated high school in June of 2008 I weighed 176.6. I am so happy to now be on the down hill slide from my high school weight. Only 15.6 pounds to lose for my November 27th deadline. I hope I can make it. (I'm confident I can..)

I do apologize for not checking in more often or having time to respond to everyone...I don't have access to be on here often. I started online schooling and need to stay focused to get my degree (also, it's hard). And I am trying to balance it with my job and my family. This is getting me sort of frustrated because I realize I won't get to work out as often as I'd like to.

Ladies, you guys are amazing and I love the support I get here. Keep up the good work in your weight loss journeys!
~SW 234 CW 175.6 Goal 160 (by November 27 2012) and 150 by June 2013~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi TristaJ,
Glad to hear from you again, and way WAY big grats on hitting below preHSgraduation digits! Seriously big achievement not a year after childbirth.
Won't that be a kick? Showing pics of you and your son from when he was born and new pics being taken of you and him at his bday party, about 75 lbs lighter? Make sure to invite some ppl that haven't seen you all year, so that you can suck up some extravagant adulation for your new body!
Hope your classes are going well too.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom responded:
That's great, Trisha. Happy dancing for you. Keep up the good work and check in when you can.
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

hopeilose responded:
Hello
Happy dancing for you!! Keep up the good work!! Nancy

jis4judy responded:
Hi Trista glad you decided to check in and great job getting below high school weight .
keep on the jouney you wil do great
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Tomato05 responded:
That's an excellent achievement; you can do those last 15 lbs too!

blondie454u responded:
WTG! Yes try to check in when you can and remember no matter how busy you are to take care of you.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

tristaj90 responded:
Its crazy how eating and weight loss can go. I was maintaing at 175 for a whole week and a half. Then I upped my calories to 1700-1800 over the weekend and then yesterday I was 173.2, today 172.6. Grr. At least I'm still losing!
~SW 234 CW 172.6 Goal 160 (by November 27 2012) and 150 by June 2013~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt

totallywiggedout replied to tristaj90's response:
Hi Trista,
That's what is known as Caloric Cycling. Eat your normal amount of calories 3-4 days a week and up them by a couple hundred for the in between days. It keeps your body guessing and can usually bump you out of a small plateau. As long as they are "good, nutritional" calories you are actually doing what your body needs. A lot of us tend to think that if we are plateauing then we need to rev up and do more exercise. Which is fine, but you need to take into consideration that that extra exertion takes fuel and we need to feed ourselves a bit more accordingly.
Good job on the bump down. You're doing great!
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 183.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to tristaj90's response:
Hi trista Kim is right occasionally up the calories to approx your maintainance cals then drop them again it has the effect of reseting your metabolism ...or keeps it guessing anyway
Good job Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
Wow Trista you are really burning the midnight oil! with a small baby, studying , working and taking care of you health. Congratulation on all the hard work you are an inspiration.
You baby is so cute!!!!
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

abnersmom replied to tristaj90's response:
Cute pic, Trista and a big congrats on the weight! I do the calorie cycling thing as Kim and Judy have described. With the exception of the summer slow down, I've kept up a steady weight loss by doing so.
Debbie SW 265 CW 157 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Morbidly obese as they call it. I have to lose 100 lbs. I have COPD, Emphesemea, Precancerous Barrett's Esophagus, Chronic Migraines,Daytime ...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.