Skip to content
Off the Wagon
justmejust posted:
Honestly, I am so busy with classes at college and other day to day responsibilities that I am quite off my food plan.
Laura 155 - 203 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

3point14 responded:
It happens to the best of us. Just try to control your portions and make healthy choices when you have the option!

Enjoy your classes!!
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Laura! I second Pi's advise. Even if you don't have time to fix your reg journey foods and have to eat what eveyone else does, best thing to do is portion control. 3/4 of your meal veggies/fruits and 1/4 of main dish.
I had to do that at the beginning of the week when things were so very hectic with the kids arrival. Ended up just sitting down the the family meals I fixed just to get something into my stomach. Lasagna one night, chinese takeout and pizza. I just took half of my normal "pre journey" meal size and sufficed with that. Not great choices but better control.
keep at it, you have a lot on your plate right now, just do the best you can for yourself
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom responded:
I agree with Pi and Kim in their support of your journey. We all have to find our way. The fact that you posted means that eating healthy is still in your mind.

Hopefully, when you adjust to your new life, it will be easier for you to stick with your food plan.

It's harder for me to fit in the exercise in the fall and spring because I work 7am to 4pm and then keep study hall 2 night a week. That doesn't even include time for grading papers (usually a weekend thing for me) and normal everyday responsibilities and slipping in some social time now and again. Food part is pretty much a habit now - oatmeal for breakfast before work, packing a healthy lunch and cooking dinner even between work and study hall I can broil some chicken and heat up some veggies. It does take planning ahead though. Exercise does suffer though. I can't seem to fit it in on study hall days and I have to make myself do it on the days I don't have to go back to work.

Anyway, hope you figure it all out and get back on track when you can.
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy responded:
Hi Laura
It is sometime difficut getting used to a new schedule but like the others said it does require some planning maybe you can get some of your family to help with some of the responsibities
asign some of the things that take too much time to someone else. so you can do the planning and prepareing the thing is you stilll have to eat and make meals chooseing heathy foods
is no harder than chooseing unheathy foods. It is just a matter of chooseing !
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Glad you could check in. You have already gotten some great advice but remember to take care of you no matter what.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mommaxeli responded:
I've fallen off so many times in this journey. Sometimes for a day, sometimes for a month. The key is to realize you've fallen off, which you have! Get used to your new schedule, make adjustments, and hop back on
SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well, my name is Mardee. I am 22 years old and married to my amazing husband for almost 3 years now. And here is my story. I used to be thinner than...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.