Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
dfj
hopeilose posted:
Hello
vowing to eat more veggies!! Judy, so you planted a garden and had tomatoes...we just got the end of ours out of the garden today... They are so good!! You have any left yet?

Todays dfj

breakfast none, had blood work done today, and missed it

Lunch
2 slices of wheat bread
1 tsp of miracle whip
3 oz of turkey breast ( deli) I could eat that every day!!
one tomato from garden
1/4 cup of hot gardenia mix

Dinner
one small acorn squash
1 tsp margarine ( need to get some better kind in the house again)
1 tsp of brown sugar
2 pieces of boxed vandecamps fish
one tomato

Snack
one hershey minature, dark choc. square

I am sure I will have something else yet tonight.
Maybe a yogurt or toast and milk

all in all, low cal day, but like I said need more veggies.
Nancy

Tomato05 responded:
I'm glad you are enjoying your tomatoes! They're so good for you too.

Good luck with increasing your veggie intake. I am sure you will be successful with that; your diet looks good.

hopeilose replied to Tomato05's response:
Hi tomato
Thanks for the support....I am sure with the husband here we will get more veggies in, he loves them!! and We both need them..
Nancy

jis4judy responded:
Yup Nancy still getting tomatoes from my small garden
I picked a giant butternut squash yesterday
next year I might do it again different stuff though
my hubby wants me to plant corn but it takes a lot of space for that not sure I want to do that ..
nice to see you posting again//
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, about your gardening space issue. My dad always used to say, "peas love beans love corn". It's something about the nitrogen levels in the soil , one feeds the other, which feeds the other. Anyway, what it means is that you plant your corn, let it grow a bit, then plant your peas and beans, both vine type, at the foot of the corn stalks that have started. Then as the vines grow, you wrap them upward onto the stalks instead of having to stake them. They feed and grow upon eachother which saves garden space.
I think next year I'm going to try to grow my tomatoes upside down in buckets with holes in the bottoms and burlap to keep the soil from fallout. It cant hurt and hanging gardens take way less space and are easier to pick.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim
when I had a larger garden I did just that I grew beans the vine type up the cornstalks I had a very succesful garden
I know about the corn and beans complimenting each other in a garden was not aware of peas too ...
Maybe I will give it another try next year ..
who knows maybe thats why my beans didn't grow last year they needed their companion to help..
thanks for the reminder
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well isn't that just great!? I joined the wrong Dieting Club community. I should have joined the 100+ lb community, but instead joined the 50 - 10...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.