Skip to content
For Fun :)
3point14 posted:
Just a little (weight-related) survey for funsies!

1. Where do you tend to lose weight first?

2. When did you feel most confident in your appearance?

3. What's your favorite thing about your body?

4. What's a food you can't live without?

5. What's been your favorite food you've discovered on your healthy journey?

6. When did you want to be done losing weight?

7.What makes you feel better, seeing the weight loss in inches or as numbers on the scale?

8.What's the craziest thing you've ever done to lose weight?

9. What's your "naughty treat" food?

10. What's your favorite outfit right now?

11. Who is your inspiration?

12. What are your top three reasons for wanting to lose weight?

13. What music do you listen to during your workout (if any)?

14. What's your favorite exercise machine/ tool?

15. Have you ever used exercise DVDs? Which ones?

16. Do you prefer to exercise alone or with friends?

17. What's been your hardest obstacle to overcome during your healthy eating journey?

18. How do you avoid the Hungries?

19. What's your favorite on-the-go snack?

20. Do you plan on rewarding yourself when you reach your goals? With what? If you're in maintenance, how did you celebrate, if you did?
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
`1 . Where do you tend to lose weight first? face and fingers

2. When did you feel most confident in your appearance? when I was about 45 I really though my body was great.

at 70 I am unsure of my bodies capabilities I keep pushing it and most time it is OK

3. What's your favorite thing about your body? my ability to breathe

4. What's a food you can't live without? fruits

5. What's been your favorite food you've discovered on your healthy journey? avocado

6. When did you want to be done losing weight? before I started LOL now it is a life style meant to be forever

7.What makes you feel better, seeing the weight loss in inches or as numbers on the scale? inches

oh gosh I used a liquid diet for few weeks long time ago and lost weight but went back to my old hanbits and regained more than I lost

9. What's your "naughty treat" food? chocolate

s your favorite outfit right now? jeans and Tshirt

nspiration?

12. What are your top three reasons for wanting to lose weight? health better health

u listen to during your workout (if any)?none

What's your favorite exercise machine/ tool? my free weights

er used exercise DVDs? Which ones? I use a yoga for weight loss dvd

ne or with friends?

17. What's been your hardest obstacle to overcome during your healthy eating journey? limiting sweets

e Hungries?

19. What's your favorite on-the-go snack?pistachios

plan on rewarding yourself when you reach your goals? With what? If you're in maintenance, how did you celebrate, if you did?View Thread
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
a few of the questions didn;t quite make the copy and paste procceedure
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
1. Where do you tend to lose weight first? face

2. When did you feel most confident in your appearance? high school

3. What's your favorite thing about your body? my hands

4. What's a food you can't live without? steak

5. What's been your favorite food you've discovered on your healthy journey? at the moment, cherries

6. When did you want to be done losing weight? yesterday -figuratively speaking

7.What makes you feel better, seeing the weight loss in inches or as numbers on the scale? scale

8.What's the craziest thing you've ever done to lose weight? South Beach

9. What's your "naughty treat" food? chocolate

10. What's your favorite outfit right now? red skinny jean with red checked top

11. Who is your inspiration? Everyone on this board

12. What are your top three reasons for wanting to lose weight? health, my grandsons and looking better

13. What music do you listen to during your workout (if any)? my ipod - have songs from Count Basie to Bruno Mars

14. What's your favorite exercise machine/ tool? weights

15. Have you ever used exercise DVDs? Which ones? a Yoga video and Richard Simmons LOL

16. Do you prefer to exercise alone or with friends? with Abner

17. What's been your hardest obstacle to overcome during your healthy eating journey? cutting out high fat cheeses and greatly reducing red meat

18. How do you avoid the Hungries? water or hot tea

19. What's your favorite on-the-go snack? apple

20. Do you plan on rewarding yourself when you reach your goals? With what? If you're in maintenance, how did you celebrate, if you did? new clothes
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

mommaxeli responded:
waist

2. When did you feel most confident in your appearance?
right now!

3. What's your favorite thing about your body?
how strong it is; how much I can push it

4. What's a food you can't live without?
milk

5. What's been your favorite food you've discovered on your healthy journey?
bell peppers; I didn't really "discover" them, but I now eat them daily!

6. When did you want to be done losing weight?
April 2012; coincidentally, that's when I stopped losing...but I don't think I'm done yet.

7.What makes you feel better, seeing the weight loss in inches or as numbers on the scale?
inches feel better but I'm still stuck on the scale some days

learned to run

9. What's your "naughty treat" food?
Reese Cups

10. What's your favorite outfit right now?
My little black dress and red heels I'm going to wear tonight!

11. Who is your inspiration?
my children

12. What are your top three reasons for wanting to lose weight?
1. better health 2. run better 3. cuter clothes

13. What music do you listen to during your workout (if any)?
Pandora Christian Rock station

14. What's your favorite exercise machine/ tool?
So many! barbell and weights, running shoes, Endomondo app, heart monitor

15. Have you ever used exercise DVDs? Which ones?
Jillian Michaels, P90X

16. Do you prefer to exercise alone or with friends?
I enjoy both! Lifting by myself, running with friends.

17. What's been your hardest obstacle to overcome during your healthy eating journey?
learning to drink coffee black

18. How do you avoid the Hungries?
coffee, exercise

19. What's your favorite on-the-go snack?
string cheese

20. Do you plan on rewarding yourself when you reach your goals? With what? If you're in maintenance, how did you celebrate, if you did?
vow renewal with new wedding dress and second honeymoon!
SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145

mefirstforever responded:

1. Where do you tend to lose weight first? boobs

2. When did you feel most confident in your appearance? On my wedding day

3. What's your favorite thing about your body? My fat is all over Proportionate

4. What's a food you can't live without? Bread

5. What's been your favorite food you've discovered on your healthy journey? Laughing Cow cheese

6. When did you want to be done losing weight? When I reach 145

7.What makes you feel better, seeing the weight loss in inches or as numbers on the scale? inches

8.What's the craziest thing you've ever done to lose weight? Injections

9. What's your "naughty treat" food? cake

10. What's your favorite outfit right now? Jeans

11. Who is your inspiration? My kids

12. What are your top three reasons for wanting to lose weight? Health, less pain and apearance

13. What music do you listen to during your workout (if any)? Pussy cat dols LOL

14. What's your favorite exercise machine/ tool? Treadmill

15. Have you ever used exercise DVDs? Which ones? Tai chi, stretching, step and areobics

16. Do you prefer to exercise alone or with friends? alone

17. What's been your hardest obstacle to overcome during your healthy eating journey? Nowing when I'm not hungry

18. How do you avoid the Hungries? It as to be a mental ecknolegment really make a conscious choises

19. What's your favorite on-the-go snack? Water and nuts

20. Do you plan on rewarding yourself when you reach your goals? With what? If you're in maintenance, how did you celebrate, if you did? Shopping Shopping LOL actually a trip would be nice.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout responded:
HI, Pi, for "funsies" huh?
lol, well this will be more painful than fun me thinks, but here goes...
1. Boobs, mine always end up heavier on the bottoms and more like slolum ski slopes on top

2. Age 30. When I realized I was my own person and that I really didn't need a significant other to make me feel whole.

3. My hands

4. knee jerk reaction is to always say, chocolate.... but in reality, it's more like boneless skinless chicken breasts, for which I have umpteen lite recipes

5. avocados

6. Initially I had my goal set at 1 year from start(Jan 2013). I'm thinking that since my body loses as its own pace, I am going to adjust my goal time to sometime around mid Summer 2013

7. On the scale, I've always been a weighty thinker

8. Stuck my finger down my throat. Sad but true.

9. Maggie Moos mix in made with either fat free raspberry sorbet, with chocolate flavored sprinkles mixed in or Fat free sugar free lemon sorbet with raspberries mixed in

10. The new shorts and peasant top I just got , clearance sales at JC Penney

11. My granddaughter Annastasia Rayne , age 4, 5 on Sept 15

12. When camping with Anna, to be able to walk to the beach, pool or bathrooms without having to jump into the car every time to get there.
To be healthy and active enough to not only watch Anna graduate HS, but to help her move into her college dorm and to be there to dance at her wedding
To be able to sit in ANY seat , be it plane, train or rollercoaster, without it being tight, or being turned away for not fitting in it well enough to ride.

13. no music, I have my own inner rythm

14. my feet.

15. Yes, UTUBE 4 min Tabata, Sparkpeople seated CORE exercises, and WII fitness

16. alone/with dog, or now, playing WII against the kids

17. My love of baking. I've really had to curb the baking of cookies, cakes, breads and rolls.

18. I drink lots of water. And keep lots of precut crunchy raw veggies in ziplocks in the fridge

19. pumpkin smoothies

20. Honestly?? LOL You guys are just gonna die..... I want to go down to Mardi Gras and have my nude upper body painted and walk the streets, "shirtless" without being nude
That body art is awesome and I want to experience it.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh KIm thats awsome about getting painted
It has allways bothered me that men can go topless and we can;t thats a neet way to do just that..LOl
Hugs Judy:)

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
thanks Judy! That means alot. Because my boys just about fell over when I told em that's what I want to do, and Michael??? LOL Let's just say he was once a part time Pentacost minister before his divorce...... nuff said. I'll prolly have to leave him home. Body art and Absynthe.... I can see it now
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

blondie454u responded:

Legs and Arms[br>[br>2. When did you feel most confident in your appearance?

When my mind caught up with my body.[br>[br>3. What's your favorite thing about your body?

There isn't anything I really dislike now. I appreciate myself now.[br>[br>4. What's a food you can't live without?

Bananas and sweet potatoes[br>[br>5. What's been your favorite food you've discovered on your healthy journey?[br>
Sweet Potatoes
[br>6. When did you want to be done losing weight?

Didn't really have a set time. Just had a goal weight.[br>[br>7.What makes you feel better, seeing the weight loss in inches or as numbers on the scale?[br>
Both
[br>8.What's the craziest thing you've ever done to lose weight?

Starvation[br>[br>9. What's your "naughty treat" food?

Usually if there is event that involves any kind of sweets. During the holidays it's pumpkin pie.[br>[br>10. What's your favorite outfit right now?[br>
I don't have a favorite outfit. I love wearing blue jeans.
[br>11. Who is your inspiration?

Anybody that has made a difference in the world or in their life. People in general are just inspiring to me.[br>[br>12. What are your top three reasons for wanting to lose weight?

My kids
My Health
Being Beautiful[br>[br>13. What music do you listen to during your workout (if any)?

All kinds from rock to country to hip hop.[br>[br>14. What's your favorite exercise machine/ tool?

Right now the elliptical. [br>[br>15. Have you ever used exercise DVDs? Which ones?

Yes Pilates and yoga.[br>[br>16. Do you prefer to exercise alone or with friends?

I can do both[br>[br>17. What's been your hardest obstacle to overcome during your healthy eating journey?

Sometimes having to watch others indulge in sweets while I am being conscious of what I am eating.[br>[br>18. How do you avoid the Hungries?

Drink water[br>[br>19. What's your favorite on-the-go snack?

Granola bars or fruit[br>[br>20. Do you plan on rewarding yourself when you reach your goals? With what? If you're in maintenance, how did you celebrate, if you did?

Yes, with clothes
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

kalimiller responded:
1. Where do you tend to lose weight first? Legs and fingers

2. When did you feel most confident in your appearance? probably about 2 years ago

3. What's your favorite thing about your body? My shoulders

4. What's a food you can't live without? Mango and avocado

5. What's been your favorite food you've discovered on your healthy journey? I don't think that I could pick just one - there are so many new fruits and vegetables that I've opened myself up to. Spinach, mango, artichokes, zucchini, etc.

6. When did you want to be done losing weight? WIthin a year.

7.What makes you feel better, seeing the weight loss in inches or as numbers on the scale? Definitely the inches.

8.What's the craziest thing you've ever done to lose weight? Starved myself.

9. What's your "naughty treat" food? Chocolate.

10. What's your favorite outfit right now? I have a cute green dress that I like wearing.

11. Who is your inspiration? Everyone on this board - yall are so inspiring!!

12. What are your top three reasons for wanting to lose weight? My husband/future family, my health, looks

13. What music do you listen to during your workout (if any)? Most of the time I don't listen to music. If I do, it's whatever comes up on my ipod while on shuffle

14. What's your favorite exercise machine/ tool? I like biking and the elliptical

15. Have you ever used exercise DVDs? Which ones? I've done a few, but I'm not a big fan of them.

16. Do you prefer to exercise alone or with friends? Alone. There are only one or two people that I enjoy working out with.

17. What's been your hardest obstacle to overcome during your healthy eating journey? Learning when I am full and getting exercise in.

18. How do you avoid the Hungries? Drinking lots and lots of water.

19. What's your favorite on-the-go snack? I like cheese sticks, fruits, and veggies.

20. Do you plan on rewarding yourself when you reach your goals? With what? If you're in maintenance, how did you celebrate, if you did? Clothes. Definitely buying myself a new wardrobe. I'm starting to save for that now.

rohvannyn responded:
1. Where do you tend to lose weight first? Legs.

2. When did you feel most confident in your appearance? Actually, now. I'm not uncertain like I used to be in college and I know how much worse I can look. I like my face better as it's aged.

3. What's your favorite thing about your body? My forearms and hands. It's fun to watch the cords in htem.

4. What's a food you can't live without? Chicken.

5. What's been your favorite food you've discovered on your healthy journey? Reeeeeally hot stir fry.

6. When did you want to be done losing weight? Oh, a while ago now.

7.What makes you feel better, seeing the weight loss in inches or as numbers on the scale? Inches.

8.What's the craziest thing you've ever done to lose weight? I went Atkins for a while. I started craving celery!

9. What's your "naughty treat" food? Hard candy... I try to limit it.

10. What's your favorite outfit right now? The pair of shorts that used to be skin tight and constricting and are now baggy with my new black T-shirt.

11. Who is your inspiration? The gals on here, actually!

12. What are your top three reasons for wanting to lose weight? Health. Ability to move better. Looks.

13. What music do you listen to during your workout (if any)? Heavy metal. Mostly Iron Maiden, Manowar, and Hammerfall.

14. What's your favorite exercise machine/ tool? Elliptical, weights.

15. Have you ever used exercise DVDs? Which ones? Nope.

16. Do you prefer to exercise alone or with friends? I'd like to exercise with friends but always go alone.

17. What's been your hardest obstacle to overcome during your healthy eating journey? Not snacking.

18. How do you avoid the Hungries? Eat protein first and avoid sugars when possible.

19. What's your favorite on-the-go snack? Nuts or jerky.

20. Do you plan on rewarding yourself when you reach your goals? At 150 punds I will get a nice flat top hair cut. At 135 pounds it's a tattoo if I can afford one.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

3point14 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Manowar!!! <3

I did a tattoo at 25 lbs lost. It's still a huge motivator for me
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

rohvannyn replied to 3point14's response:
I love the idea of body painting at Mardi Gras. Awesome goal! Not so much on the absinthe, I don't like having the risk of brain damage, but hey, who am I to tell someone else no? I hope it's awesome when it happens.

Pi, nice to meet a fellow Manowar fan. I really really want another tattoo, something more interesting and complicated than what I have now. It's just a simple line drawing a few inches wide. I want something that is a little more detailed and has more visual impact.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
I have two tats you guys. One on my rt shoulder blade of a wood elf playing a flute, and a big ole "tramp stamp" of my and my BF's original WOW toons, Hasbarr and Calissandra. Back when I played alot, that's how we met actually, on WOW and kept chatting there till we decided to really meet in person. and .... sigh , the rest is history, lol.
I'm thinking of a little tat down my the sole of my foot or up the achiles on one side... never know. I usually don't plan them, it's pretty spur of the moment for me.
huggs guys
k
Kim SW 243 CW 185 GW 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been gaining and loosing weight most of my adult life. The diet of choice has always been weight watchers. I've lost and gained 90 lbs mo...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.