Skip to content
checking in!
mommaxeli posted:
Hi, everyone! I've got a little down time on this beautiful fall morning, so thought I'd check in. I feel like such a fair-weather friend; I'm finding it hard to find time to reply to all the messages. I am still reading, though.

I'm still busy around here, of course. School has started, hubby has started his new job, and my younger boys and I are still adjusting to me not working!

We just got back from a 5K race, just as spectators this time. I had several people from my running class participating so we hung around the finish and cheered them on. It was so fun to see them! We've only got three weeks left with our Run for God class. We run our "graduation" race on October 6th! It's so cool because it's the same race that I ran as my first 5K ever last year. And now I'm going to run it with a class of 60 that I taught! Oh my, what a difference a year makes!

I'm pretty excited for tonight. They are having a fancy grand-reopening at my husband's work. It's also a fund raiser for the heart association. I have my first-ever "little black dress" and HOT red heels. I don't believe I've EVER felt so confident in an outfit! My husband has not seen it yet. I'm driving up to the party at the end of his work day. I can't wait to see his reaction when I walk in

I enjoy keeping up to date on everyone. Keep up the good work!
SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145

mefirstforever responded:
Wow Mommaxeli Girl if you have it flaunt it. A little black dress, you have to show us. Take a picture.
Is it nice to finally realize what you have accomplished, It is possible even if with all the responsabilities.
thank you so much for sharring.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

abnersmom responded:
I'm with Helene, we want a picture of you in your little black dress and red heels. Hope you had a great time. It's always great to hear from you. And thanks for the encouragement for doing weights. Can't really tell much difference yet, but I "feel" like I'm getting buff! LOL!
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy responded:
Yes I am with the others I want a photo of you in that little black dress and red heals
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
Hi mommaxeli! It's nice to hear from you and that all is going well!

Laura
Laura 155 - 203 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

Tomato05 responded:
I'm sure you looked glamorous. Hope it was fun.

blondie454u responded:
Glad you could pop in. I would love to see you in that dress!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mommaxeli replied to blondie454u's response:
We'll have to make do with a blurry pic from my phone for now, but you can get the general idea

We really had fun at the party! The food was wonderful; I believe it was Lebanese. I discovered I like stuffed grape leaves! (I think mainly because they taste like wine...yum!)There were lots of important local figures there, lots of fancy dresses...lots of money! For once, though, I didn't feel self-concious or out of place. In the past, it seemed like no matter how much I dressed up, I still felt frumpy, out of place, like I didn't belong or deserve to be with everyone else at the party. It's great to have confidence and self-esteem now! Anyway, here it is!
SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145

jis4judy replied to mommaxeli's response:
Very nice Photo a little blurry but that my favorate look black dress with red shoes How did your Hubby react?
You look great and very glamorous
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to mommaxeli's response:
You look really good in that dress! Glad the party went well. Lebanese? is that like baklava, meat stuffed grape leaves and such?
Anyway, sounds good. I like trying new foods and that sounds like a good , different choice .
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Tomato05 replied to mommaxeli's response:
Looking very elegant. Lebanese food is one of my favourites, especially the grilled meats, salads like taboulleh and fatoush, hmm. They use a lot of lemon and parsley, which give their food a lovely flavour.

blondie454u replied to mommaxeli's response:
You look beautiful!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let me start by saying ... Last time I was a Size 4 was Toddlers. I have always been well padded. I think my whole adult life I was pretty much bounci...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.