Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Finally
maybembt posted:
Yea, I walked today! After a week of wishing; I finally overcame the obstacles. Since I can't put my bra on by myself, I slept with it on. Since I can't tie my tennis shoes, I wore slip on sandals. The walk went better than expected. Even though I couldn't swing my arms, I walked at a steady pace. I even tried a little race walk hip movement!
Marybeth 228-205-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

jis4judy responded:
wow Marybeth thats a great way to do things do what you can do you are dealing with this great .
hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Hey congrats Marybeth! Glad to hear that you are overcoming some of your more persistant obsticles.
How long are they saying that you'll be in your cast? Can't wait to see how your wrist is when it comes off. Did you ever find out if they had to "pin" it or anything?
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

blondie454u responded:
Where this is a will there is a way! Glad you found the way!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Wow, Marybeth. That is inspirational fortitude and determination.
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

maybembt responded:
I went out for my sunrise walk this morning. I had to wear my flip flops. I was feeling strong, so I did a little race walk hip motion and I tried a little arm/cast swing! Maybe I need to carry a weight in my left hand to balance me. What do you think (1,2, or 3 lbs)?
Marybeth 228-203-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

jis4judy replied to maybembt's response:
Hi Marybeth I am glad you are feeling stronger
If you feel like you need a balance try the 1 pound to start if thats not right go to 2 then to 3 better to start small and increase as needed. Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone, I am new to this community and have never done this before. I am 37 years old and currently weigh 223 pounds. It feels like I have bee...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
61 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.