Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stops and starts Fits and spells
totallywiggedout posted:
Cody had an interview yesterday and got a position as a salaried (plus commission) salesman at the local BMW dealership. This is the first time he'll be outside sales, so it should be interesting.
Alex has some interviews set up for this week also, so he should be settled into something very soon also.
Monica has less work experience and is still quite young, only 19, she's been putting in apps online for the last few days. Hopefully she will hear something soon on something.
Things are looking up. FOR THEM.
ON the other hand..... things have been kinda grim for me. My attention to my journey has been severly lacking for over a week now. Getting extremely upset that I seem to have a mental and/or physical block about getting down past 186. Been up and down between 188 and 186 for over a month and it's crippling to my drive to goal.
Granted this past week or so has been an upheaval at best. But I'm severly lacking the oomph to fix MY seperate, healthier meals and have been just following along like a lamb to slaughter and eating the same fare for dinner as everyone else. Albeit smaller portions, but I still know that it isn't good for me, and I'm not feeling as healthy as when I ate MY stuff.
So, today, I have turned the page. I HOPE. Pumpkin smoothie with half a frozen banana mixed in for breakfast. Lunch will be a sliced hard boiled egg w/ miracle whip lite on 1/2 a pita pocket with some baby spinach stuffed in. afternoon snack will be a Java mocha avocado smoothie and dinner will be crispy mustard chicken fingers and oven crisped sweet potatoe slices..... night snack is looking like 2/3 cup skinny fruits pineapple chunks w/ 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese.
This is a vow to myself. I have to get back to basics. Back to my foods. Back to my journey. It has been way way too easy to just let go, so now I have to reign myself back in and refocus on the light at the end of the tunnel.
Hope everyone has a good day
Huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

FirstPrevious12NextLast

3point14 responded:
Hey, we all have slip-ups. My weekend was a total disaster, I weighed in at BACK up to 137, which is where my "block" kind of is.

You know you gotta stop this self sabotage and love yourself more, now it's just a matter of gettin it done, hun. Your food choices today sound excellent, just stick to it. It's alright to put convenience during an upheaval, but it's time to get back to basics, just like you said.

I have SO MUCH faith in you, Kim. You absolutely can do this, and you absolutely will. You came back here when you were struggling, that's what this board is for, to support you. You know we got your back, lady.

So welcome back to healthy eating!

(and congrats to everyone on their job interviews. the process is a pain, but the pay-off is so worth it...just like eating healthy and exercising! )
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kim is there any reason you cannot serve the same foods to your guests that you prefer to eat?
I cook the same no matter who comes by my DH has bread with his meal and he loves condiments he adds what he likes
but the basic meal is the healthy meal I fix..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh By the way it is good they are getting jobs

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
That's great that things are looking up for your sons. I hope you figure out what's gong with your body and get back to losing. We all have hit that point in our journeys and we just have to keep climbing.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Tomato05 responded:
Your meal plan sounds good.

Look at the pas week a just some transition phase while you were getting used to the new home arrangements. Now you are in a different phase again!

Good to hear that the kids are getting some direction.

abnersmom responded:
Great news about jobs, Kim. That is for you as well as them.

Good food today. I'm like Judy on this one, can't you just have them eat what you eat? My son, daughter-in-law lived with us when the twins were first born. Of course, I wasn't eating like I do now, but they ate what I cooked or they did their own thing. It was something we had to work out, as we did their cleaning up after themselves. Some lively discussions back then, I assure you.

Anyway, I support you no matter what you need to do, I just want you to feel good about yourself again.
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Hey Judy.
Michael, my bf, has a severe fish allergy. It's not just shellfish but ALL fish. It all makes him blow up like a balloon to the point he cant breathe. It all started with a homemade worchesterchire sauce when he was about 12. It evidently had sardines or sardine oil in it and it went crazy in his system.
The twins will eat anything that won't eat them first , so no problem there. Monica is another very picky eater.
On the subject of her, I think I'll just skip forward.... right now, I'm not a happy camper.
So, today has worked out almost like I wrote down for menu plans which is good, NO , IT"S EXCELLANT! I'm so happy I was able to just stay focused.
Pi, I know. It's just been my focus lately. I'm right here, but, sometimes I can only grab a few minutes to read and not post, not even logging foods and exercise as of late. THAT stopped today..... Back on track. Fixed their one pot meal and have mine ready to slip into the oven at the right time. So all is good and right with the world once again.....
huggs to all
k

OH! Alex's interview soared and he is also training tomorrow at BMW dealership... hopefully its a paid project lol
If it doesn't work out for them though there are lots of choices down here. So I'm hoping they take all comers and choose the best position and not just the FIRST position offered.
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber,I'm gonna boost into some cardio and maybe some weights this week. It may be that I need to shake things up a bit to start back on the losing track. Maybe that will work. I haven't really changed my workout routine in a few months so it may take a bit of a change to get it going.
and Debbie, I'd love to have everyone eat what I eat. But for sure they, not even the twins, won't eat sliced avocado with tuna salad. All the guys like MAN FOOD, yes, just as written, in CAPS, lol..... Its like MAN CAVE, and MAN MADE lol prolly why I keep my hair short, i'd hate to have one of these primates bop me over the head and drag me off to the cave to cook or clean for em.

K
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh Kim I never cook fish Your boyfriend and I would get along fine I take fish oil caps because I hate fish so much well not all fish I can occasionally have tuna in salad white tuna packed in water...

and of course lobster when I go out ...
but for the most part my meals are chicken more chicken pork more chicken steak more chicken LOl

3point14 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Welcome back to the Good Side, dahlin!

I'm glad you're back. I'm glad Alex did well on the interview. The whole looking for work thing can be such a drag, hopefully they offer him something excellent!!!!!!!
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

totallywiggedout replied to 3point14's response:
Thanks Pi.
Muah )
Both twins just got off to first day of orientation and training. Bit interested to find out why there was such a big hiring there. Wondering if they are going to put all the hirees through training then weed out the weaker persons. Ah well, today should tell if they like it or not. They both were honor's society in HS and have had some college courses so I know they can handle the paperwork and math when doing car sales.
Not too worried. If they don't like it, they have so many other applications floating around out there , some other opportunity would present itself.
How are your classes going? Yours and Kalis I should say... Hope all is going smoothly.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I like tilapia, canned tuna in water, catfish and salmon, plus all of the shellfish, and sushi. I have tried alligator, snake and turtle too, lol, all of which taste like rubbery waterlogged chicken.
Ditto me on the chicken , chicken and more chicken... But I tell you, even that I almost have to hogtie Michael and forcefeed him. The more I eat chicken the less he is willing to.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Wow...I guess I've been pretty limited as far as fishes go...pretty much the only things I eat fish wise are tilapia and canned tuna in water...DH is allergic to shellfish - which takes that and sushi out. Never really had sushi anyways. I'll probably have fish tonight, because that sounds really really good

Classes! Oh boy! I am so ready for everything to be DONE and OVER! I am really enjoying my classes and I even started working in a lab - 6 hours a week. It's pretty great, but I am just ready to finally FINALLY be done with college.

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
actually Pi that little meh face wasn't what I wanted it to do.... not sure why it didn't kissy face one like i wanted..... but , lol , now you know
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am a mom of three beautiful "grown-up" children, I have landed here on this page because I have to get a grip on my weight. I have gai...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.