Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Extra Diligence Required
totallywiggedout posted:
This morning, I broke the 186 barrier. Weighed in at 185, but I'm not changing my signature till I know for sure..... anyhow, yay me. Like Tomato and Marybeth, every little bit helps and it all adds up. Right girlz?
Ok, so now I want to make sure everyone is drinking their water. Now that the weather is changing, and it's getting cooler, we may not actually FEEL as thirsty as when it's hot. That doesn't mean we can skip a few H2O drinky poos. Remember, with hydration, it's what your body DOESNT tell you that counts. 64oz is the goal. Drink up peeps!

Also on my mind is Fall and Winter. Coming soon to your area.
It is human nature to want to "bulk up" by eating more at the onset of cooler weather. A whole lot of us, me included, had a hard time this summer with our digits going up and down and all over the place.
Let's all try now to update our heavier soup/stew recipes to accommodate lower calories, lower fats and way less sodium. Go through your recipe boxes and update for healthier fare.
Preplan now for the holidays coming. ummmmm Pumpkin Pie anyone?? Our "recipe" blog here on 50-100 needs some new improved recipes. I'm gonna try a few this next week , with updated, improved Oldies but Goodies from my mom's recipes. Please , if you have the time and/or inclination, make or bake something holiday-ish with better , healthier ingredients and share if at all possible on that blog. I'll repost it here in a sec in case someone didn't "my discussions" it.
huggs to all
Hope you are all havin a great Hump Day
K
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Tomato05 responded:
That's excellent news - even despite not eating your typical plan recently! You must be very relieved.

That shows the power of portion control.

mefirstforever responded:
Kim,

185 closer to the 70's all it takes is one pound at the time.

Thanks so much for the reminder yes water ....

Yup good hump day 2 loads of wash hanged outside and last cote of paint. now tomorrow painting of the woodwork and the varnish on the floor.

Can't wait to have a normal week of a retire LOL

P.S. Love the smilies QUEBLES.COM
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
I am going to get to the 70s if it freekin kills me. I want to be IN the 60s by Christmas. Things have definitely got to change for me to achieve it, though. I know this. It's just a bit tougher right now with the kids always drinking Mountain Dew, always eating AFTER we eat( AND before), all their munchies sitting on top of the fridge, all of Monica's uneaten takeout leftovers in boxes stacked in the fridge.... It's taking all I have to try to do the right thing. It was certainly easier when it was just me and Michael and I was the one that determined what was in the fridge and pantry. Honestly, right now , it would be a godsend to be just ever so slightly anorexic and have that built in aversion to food. But, you know me. I love it and it loves me.
Pi, don't worry , hon, I'm right here posting. Right here trying to keep out of the munchies. Right here, still .
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

3point14 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
You Best be posting here! Reading over the survey I put up a few days ago, we all motivate one another so much! Community is key!!

Congrats, hun!!! Keep up the good work, no matter how hard it is. Remember, these healthy choices are our manifestations of love towards our bodies. Show your love for what your body does for you by filling it with food that makes it happy and workin it with exercise!
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

kalimiller responded:
I read the first few lines of your post and reached for my water...only to find out that it was empty! I already drank it all. I guess that all of this trying to make myself drink more water is paying off and I'm doing it without thinking now

abnersmom responded:
Congrats, Kim! We all know it's a slow process if we do it right. Good reminder about hydration and when I get some extra time will post some recipes.
Debbie SW 265 CW 159 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Good Job Kim haveing your world upside down and still loseing a pound is pretty awsome...
Hey tell Monica to not order anything until she deals with her leftovers tell eat it or toss it .
Maybe you can become a water pusher to your boys
they may benifit from less sugar too ..
Hopefully soon they will all have jobs keeping them at work
and out of your way ...
then your journey would be easier again..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
For sure. You see, I think Monica does the order out thing as a sort of control over Alex. She whines that shes hungry and he takes her out. Evidently it's always been this way, learned this via Cody. She will not and cannot see to getting anything for herself (as in going to that big bad fridge, and opening that big heavy door....) grrr
anyhow. I had that MntnDew talk with the boys this am. Of course they both started acting like mental defectives and couldn't fathom wth I was talking about when I said they were drinking too much pop and I was worried for their health, and their teeth... I went to the cupboard under the sink, showed them the two FULL cases of water.... blank stares with big red question marks over their heads.. KIDS, AHHHHHH
We are slowly learning stuff though. The boys ate up some of Monicas leftovers last night, and some is now wrapped and frozen. I figure if nothing else I'll ship 1/2 a Po Boy out with Michael sometime next week for lunch, lol
She eats prolly like all of us always should've. Very small meals and lots of em. Crazy. Here she is 5'11 and weighs all of about 122 lbs and she's eating right. Life isn't fair.

huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 186 GW 135

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I freak out if I don't have my water bottle. Reused 1 quart gatorade bottle at home near my chair and at work at my desk. Somebody stole my water bottle last week. I was trying to figure out how I was going to last the two hours till first break, where I could go out to my car to get my EMERGENCY water bottle, when a team lead took pity on me and gave me a bottle of their water. I now have a new bottle and I keep it with me so nobody takes it. Just a bit of a water addict over here... I didn't like water that much until I did Kendo in college, and then water became my very best friend. Funny how sweating in armor, waving a bamboo sword around for two hours, will do that to you. I carry water wherever I go.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
Oh, me too Roh. But water is such a new thing to me. Really could not stand it before the onset of my journey. Now I carry my 32 oz bottle in my purse. I drink and drive, lol. I drink while shopping, I do the big NO NO and sip at the library even tho you arent supposed to have food or drinks in there. The only place I havent been able to take it right with me is the movies.
You and me and Tom Hanks(in Castaway) You remember that scene near the end where he's driving out in the middle of nowhere and in the backseat are cases and cases of bottled water? I feel the same way. It's like a security blanket now. Although I've never had to catch raindrops in empty coconut shells or on wide leaves to get fresh water , like he did in the movie, I can certainly relate.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 185 GW 135

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
WTG go Kim! Yes great reminder about the water. I seem to be drinking more of it here lately, which is good. When it gets cooler here it gets dry so maybe that's why I am drinking more of it.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all, I am a new member, mid forties and about 54 lbs overweight, I tried everything, including gastric bypass (lost about 100 at first) it's be...More

Helpful Tips

8 Habits for Successful Losers
This Article from Readers Digest has great habit tips. Some you may already know .. you just have to keep reminding yourself from time to ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.