Skip to content
restart weight loss
Anon_140224 posted:
want to know how to receive support to restart my weight loss project. I started to log food on web md site today. I am starting at the same weight I was in 2010 when I first signed into web md. Lost 20 lbs, then life just gets in the way. I am thinking that I need to find some outside encouragement to stick to it. I don't seem to be able to do it by myself. any hints to keep me focused?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Tomato05 responded:
If you like, you could post here regularly and tell us how you are doing, and what you are struggling with, as well as what you are succeeding with. We will at least listen and be sympathetic and give advice if you need it.

abnersmom responded:
Hi, This journey is as much mental as anything else, so you are on target about keeping focused. Sharing struggles and successes here with these wonderful ladies has helped me to keep focused so much. In fact, I often think about the boardies when I make food choices. Great job starting the food log. That helped me so much to keep on track. I've gotten some gentle butt kicks (well deserved) and always empathy and support here. We'll be here for you to just keep posting.
Debbie SW 265 CW 157 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

cm2bme replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks for the support , I will be checking in on weekends since the weeks are late work days. Maybe this is what I need to keep on track.

cm2bme responded:
Well, one week later and I have made a few small steps to reach my goal. First is to add more fruit to my diet. I bring my lunch to work, so have added a banana and apple to the bag. Still have to work on curbing the munchies when I am tired at night.
Carol SW 270 CW 265 Goal under 175 Be kind to yourself!

3point14 replied to cm2bme's response:
Great job so far! The small steps really do add up, and the addition of fruits is a great place to start.
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

Tomato05 replied to cm2bme's response:
Good to hear you are making progress.

Adding fruit is a good step - just remember that the fruit you add should replace some less healthy calories: if you just add fruit without changing the mix you could risk just adding calories and slowing down your weight loss.

Good luck with the next week. Let us know how you're doing.

abnersmom replied to cm2bme's response:
Excellent, Carol! Adding fruits and veggies is the way to go! Are you ready for the next baby step? Not rushing you, but it's good to have a plan in mind while not overwhelming yourself.
Debbie SW 265 CW 157 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

cm2bme replied to abnersmom's response:
Yes it is good to have a next step. With the cooler weather, I have been working in the garden a couple of days. In my head, I know adding some exercise should be next, but my heart is not there yet. In my life, I have learned to avoid all "shoulds" until they are want to or have to's. Gardening is a want to, so I am starting there. Keep giving me the nudge to think ahead! Carol

jis4judy replied to cm2bme's response:
Hi Carol the thing about exercise like just a walk outside can accually give you more energy not at first but when the body gets used to the exercise it accually is energy produceing.
working in the garden is nice I had a vegie garden over the summer and it is just about done giveing me tomatoes and butternut squash...
I accually have trouble not exerciseing when I can;t for whatever reason I pace the floor like a caged tiger ..
give it a try walking is a great allover exercise.. start with 10 minutes ad 5 minutes a day till you are doing 45 minutes
Or do 3 or 4 10 minute walks a day then make them 15 minute walks ease into the exercise so you won;t overwhelm yourself..

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to cm2bme's response:
Great first start. Keep up the good work.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

cm2bme replied to jis4judy's response:
Yes walking is good. I park at the farthest end of the parking garage so that twice a day I have to walk a little more and get in a little more exercise daily. Only one pound lost this week, but I haven't been logging my food, so I need to restart there. I am logging my weight weekly.

totallywiggedout replied to cm2bme's response:
Carol, I'm gonna jump in now. Like you , I knew when I first started my journey back in Jan, that if I had to focus on my calories, reading labels, finding/altering existing recipes to make them lighter and healthier... I just woulf fold up and die if I had to do the exercise thing too. I knew deep down that THIS was the final time to make a stand on weightloss and healthier living. So I know where you are coming from about easing into the exercise thing too.
Do what feels right. Make your changes and slowly incorporate them into your daily lifestyle. In learning how to live healthier, it truly doesn't matter WHEN you make the changes along your journey, just that you eventually do and then to try to be as consistant with them as humanly possible. If you do it this way, you learn what feels right, how your body reacts to the changes and what you need to do to better your chances of success. If something works, use it, if it doesn't, discard it and find a replacement so that you don't get bored and quit. That goes for exercise as well as recipes.
Remember, this isn't a diet. It's a journey full of speed bumps,detours and directional CHOICES. You are in the driver's seat and in the far horizon is your GOAL.
And, Carol, at every coffee shop along the way, one of us will be waiting to help point the way, and wish you well on your journey.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 183.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

jean4u replied to cm2bme's response:
Carol, Good for you to be 1 pound down, WTG!

Good too that you are packing your lunches and adding fruit. Also the walking is perfect, even walking in your house

Remember that progress is the goal, not perfection.

Barb

blondie454u replied to cm2bme's response:
WTG on lost pound!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

It took me many years to put on this extra 100 lbs plus and I know it will take me some time to get it off but one day at a time and God by my side I ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.